GDT: San Jose at Buffalo 7:00 pm ET, 2/7/2017

Doohickie

Dunleavy's call of the OT goal was pretty damn good.

Local, got stuck with the Sharks broadcast but they are damn good. No real excitement level changes but the guy calls good game and the color guy is not a total meathead like some guys, not Rayzor, i like Rayzor.

What a win. how they got there, it was a nice win.

I have to blame the veterans (or lack thereof) on this.  A Drury, Schoenfeld, or Peca does not let this happen.  But the team is young and growing.  Hopefully, this panic win becomes less and less often.

Really? Because I remember Buffalo falling down by a pair of goals only to come back to win plenty of times in 05-07 (damn, that was a decade ago; makes me feel old).

Local, got stuck with the Sharks broadcast but they are damn good. No real excitement level changes but the guy calls good game and the color guy is not a total meathead like some guys, not Rayzor, i like Rayzor.

What a win. ###### how they got there, it was a nice win.

The Colour guy is Curtis Brown an ex Sabre.

Eichel is starting to get being a center and I see some growth in his passing.  His assists have really picked up.  Not sure but it might be interesting to keep Eichel with Kane and find another finisher on wing for him and put Sam on his own line.  Just thinking... may need to wait til the Sabres find another finisher or two... say PU and another one of the young guys.  

What a finish

Sabres 6-0-1 in last 7 games at home

Sabres 12-1-3 in last 16 games at home versus the West

Sabres 1-9-2 on Thursday games

Somethings gotta blow versus the Ducks this next game

On a side note..... Did anyone see the Gronkowski video during the parade giving his likeness doll a BJ...... Gotta love those Polish boys

Holy cow - that was almost as big a comeback as the Patriots in the Superbowl.  Down 3 goals late in the 3rd, come back to win in OT. 

The Sharks must really DREAD coming to Buffalo.   Aren't they something like 1-12 in Buffalo?  Even the tank team beat up on 'em.  

"it's interesting how that works ..."

https://twitter.com/Matt_Bove/status/829174107568750592/video/1

I'm fascinated by the various ways in which this statement can be taken.

Y'know, as I was watching that interview on the post-game show, I was reminded of a comment Paul Hamilton made a couple of weeks ago.  Hamilton said something to the effect that a number of the younger players are pretty rude to the media members -- i.e. they look at the ceiling when answering questions, they act like answering media questions is beneath them, etc.  I think Eichel -- who does not project as having a low opinion of himself -- must've been one of the guys Hammy was referring to.

Last time Buffalo lost to the Sharks -  January 23, 2010 - more than seven years now!  A couple comments in the article below -  San Jose fans clearly think they're cursed against Buffalo - and I would have to think that the thinking in the Sharks locker room is the same.  What does it take to beat Buffalo?  3 goal lead halfway thru the 3rd - not enough!    LOL

http://www.csnbayarea.com/sharks/sharks-fall-apart-third-period-lose-sabres-overtime.  

The last 11 games  against the Sharks - Buffalo is 10-0-1  

Longer term, 17-1-1,   the OT loss in 2010, and the one and only regulation loss - Dec  2005, more than 11 years ago - which is forever in hockey terms!

WOW!!!   

I wondered if it was intentional too - but it all happened in a split second - watched it in slo-mo and it appears to be just the goalie moving to the left side of the net - Kane's foot was in or on the edge, of the crease.    I think it was an accident.  I think the goalie's only thought was trying to block the shot.    

I didn't think it was intentional.

I wondered if it was intentional too - but it all happened in a split second - watched it in slo-mo and it appears to be just the goalie moving to the left side of the net - Kane's foot was in or on the edge, of the crease.    I think it was an accident.  I think the goalie's only thought was trying to block the shot.    

No you're right.  Re-watched.  

Kane skate gets caught on top of goalies pad.  

The skill by those 2 is pretty freaking amazing.  Speed.  Perfect pass.  Finish.  Eichel owned Hertl behind the net. Hertl goes "oh " and tries to get a head start.  No match.  Sabres!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU_56eJ0NxU

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.