GDT: Buffalo @ Dallas, 8:30 pm est, 1-26-2017

WildCard

Yeah she's my sister's friend. Not exactly the best situation I have going on right now

Sister lives in the downstairs unit. I live in the upstairs one. Good news is she's here every weekend all weekend :lol:

Ugh. Feel for you there. I have an ex who is friends with my sister as well. Of course, they're 500 miles away. Still manage to occasionally annoy me.

Yeah she's my sister's friend. Not exactly the best situation I have going on right now

Sister lives in the downstairs unit. I live in the upstairs one. Good news is she's here every weekend all weekend :lol:

I'd end in jail if I were in your shoes. I'm the self proclaimed worst ex in the world.

The backslide is real. Trying my best to go out and meet someone new asap

Wish this chick was 500 miles away :lol:

Lesson learned though. I will never see one of her friends again. It was a terrible idea

Yeah I have not been the best ex, to say the least. Tbf though maybe you shouldn't come around my house a day after you end it with me

I hereby proclaim you are allowed to drink as much as you want. You're welcome.

Well, the NBA is far and away the best run professional sports league. The NHL has Bettman.

Easily. The NBA listens and promotes star players and what the fans want Edited by WildCard

I just can't see how, in 2017, that gets called inconclusive. They didn't say that they couldn't tell if it was in before a whistle or anything. They claimed to not be able to tell if it crossed the goal line. Jack and Sam, standing right by the refs, saw it in real time. Two camera angles show clear white space between the puck and the goal line. I just don't get it.

Gotta have the bounces go your way when you start as poorly as we did, and we don't get those. 

I just can't see how, in 2017, that gets called inconclusive. They didn't say that they couldn't tell if it was in before a whistle or anything. They claimed to not be able to tell if it crossed the goal line. Jack and Sam, standing right by the refs, saw it in real time. Two camera angles show clear white space between the puck and the goal line. I just don't get it.

Gotta have the bounces go your way when you start as poorly as we did, and we don't get those.

If I'm a ref on that ice, that's no goal.

It probably was, though.

We need to get chips in the puck then, or something. Pucks that cross the line should count. There's visual proof for this one, just not of the variety the NHL prefers, I guess. In a league that is trying to increase scoring (I think).

I have yet to see visual proof that that was a goal.

I have yet to see visual proof that that was a goal.

That picture I post shows the puck stationary with 2 inches of clear ice between its edge and the goal line. When you combine the picture with video from above, Lehtonen stands up and the puck is in the same position, very clearly over the goal line. The two combined are clear visual evidence. It is obviously a goal. The issue is that there needs to be some sort of technology that confirms this. Also, when Jack points to it, if the ref right next to him bothers to bend his knees for two seconds, he calls it a goal on the ice. 

Swamp, were you talking about the one wth 11 seconds left? Because if so then I agree with you. I've been referring to the first review.

goal2.jpg

This was just after Lehtonen gets up. The  puck is still this whole time, and this is the "after" confirming the first picture I showed.

This video by itself is not enough to determine a goal. The two combined may not be according to NHL rules either, but they very obviously point to the fact that this is a goal. My argument is just that the NHL needs to be using technology of some sort that can make the correct call in this case, because the lack of it cost a team in the standings and that should never be good enough for a professional sports league.

I just got home from the game.  I enjoyed going to the game, although I didn't enjoy the outcome.  They really relaxed too much in the second and couldn't turn it up enough in the third to get at least a loser point.  So it goes.  Still, it was great to see my team.

I'm still sobering up.  I had a couple beers before the game, one at the first intermission, and that was supposed to be it.  One of the bartenders from Buffalo Bros (the DFW Bills Backers bar where I watch the Bills games) was at the game and asked if he could buy me a drink at the second intermission.  I said yes and we walked out into the concourse.  Instead of stopping at one of the vending booths, he walked over to Jack's Place (a bar sponsored by Jack Daniels) and he bought me a beer *and* a shot of Jameson.

Here's a pic I took a moment after the Moulson goal.  That put the Sabres up 2-0 at the time and I was hopeful they'd cruise to an easy win.  By the time I posted it to FB, the Stars scored their first.  Oh well.

16179288_1187427224639499_55055001708086

This is the Dallas Feed.

Looks like a goal to me

https://twitter.com/hockeyhangout/status/824840035937697792

Damn, that sucks.  How could they miss that?

Edited by Doohickie

Swamp, were you talking about the one wth 11 seconds left? Because if so then I agree with you. I've been referring to the first review.

goal2.jpg

This was just after Lehtonen gets up. The  puck is still this whole time, and this is the "after" confirming the first picture I showed.

This video by itself is not enough to determine a goal. The two combined may not be according to NHL rules either, but they very obviously point to the fact that this is a goal. My argument is just that the NHL needs to be using technology of some sort that can make the correct call in this case, because the lack of it cost a team in the standings and that should never be good enough for a professional sports league.

Your logic is sound, and if you piece the angles together, one can tell it was a goal. However, does the NHL video review system allow for the piecing together of multiple angles to reach a conclusion? I know the NFL allows for that. Maybe the NHL requires a single shot that shows indisputable proof.

Either way, it was a bogus no goal call, in my view.

The 3 reviews (including the offside challenge) is compounded by the fact the refs were calling ridiculous calls vs Buffalo while letting blatant Dallas infractions go. Foligno is mauled with 2:30 left and 10 secs later they make a call on Bogo that isn't a penalty in the 1st period and certainly not with 2 mins left. Yet, the whole game coach d#ckhead sits with a blank look on his face. Show some fkn emotion.

The 3 reviews (including the offside challenge) is compounded by the fact the refs were calling ridiculous calls vs Buffalo while letting blatant Dallas infractions go. Foligno is mauled with 2:30 left and 10 secs later they make a call on Bogo that isn't a penalty in the 1st period and certainly not with 2 mins left. Yet, the whole game coach d#ckhead sits with a blank look on his face. Show some fkn emotion.

That is what I miss about ruff, he would have gone apeshit :D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.