GDT: Buffalo @ Dallas, 8:30 pm est, 1-26-2017

WildCard

Meh. Don't deserve to win when you go into a shell to try and kill off fifty five f*cking minutes of hockey in a manner that has given you a 50% chance of retaining your two goal lead all season.

There are many times when the team that didn't "desetve" to win still does. 1999 Game 6.

You are rationalizing. By the video, the Sabres deserved to win. By the stats maybe not. But they put the puck in the net.

That second one doesn't look like a goal to me. The first one obviously is, but I've seen the NHL call no goal on pucks that are obviously in but that aren't seen explicitly before the whistle blows before.

Sucks, but hey. Let's save our luck for when we're good, right?

We should be good now though

Julien for coach! Can I start a bunker?

There are many times when the team that didn't "desetve" to win still does. 1999 Game 6.

You are rationalizing. By the video, the Sabres deserved to win. By the stats maybe not. But they put the puck in the net.

This.

I'm still upset... Carbonneau got his size 2000 jersey onto that Holzinger-to-Patrick clean draw and got enough of the puck to deflect it off the cage. I would have loved to see a game 7 there. Every one of those games was a nail-biter (except... 3?). Hasek could've stolen us a Cup. (Looking back at those rosters, the Stars should have steamrolled us in 4 games.) Grosek and Satan and Shannon would've been nice to have in the lineup as well.

I'm just glad we can score now. I'm still not big on the stretch passing and the conservative nature of our game, but I'd rather take a deep breath and not get emotionally involved in any sort of playoff push. I couldn't watch the rest of this game to be honest, I listened on the radio, and it was much better dealing with all this crap. 

Just play some entertaining hockey, get Jack a lot of points, and get rid of as much dead weight as possible before next season. 7 points out now isn't looking great, not with a team that hasn't won 4 in a row in 5 years and failed miserably in their attempt to tonight. Still not sustainable enough hockey. 

I hope next season can be better than this one has been.

BTW, doesn't the NBA come out and say they screwed up when stuff like this happens? That'd be nice. 

The one who just broke up with you? Your roommates are terrible people.

Yeah she's my sister's friend. Not exactly the best situation I have going on right now

Sister lives in the downstairs unit. I live in the upstairs one. Good news is she's here every weekend all weekend :lol:

Edited by WildCard

I know I give Lehner a hard time, but I wonder if they win with him in goal. Not sure why DB went with Nilsson with the All-Star break coming.

Rob Ray quoted him early in the game, something to the effect of: "if Nilsson doesn't play tonight it'll be too long until he plays again." As I said earlier, the more he plays the more he looks like a backup. Lehner, for better or worse, is the horse this team's wagon is hitched to. Let him pull the thing.

God, I hate Disco. The team s so close to being good with the handicap he puts on them. Imagine if his efforts to make everyone play like a fourth line, kill our best d-man through fatigue, and play musical goalies for no particular reason weren't a factor?

As much as I hate the Bruins and the Boston stench that CJ would have on him, I would take him as coach right now.

He's going to make some team extremely happy. If this was Byslma's 3rd year, I think that could be us. But right now? We're stuck with DD

Yeah she's my sister's friend. Not exactly the best situation I have going on right now

Sister lives in the downstairs unit. I live in the upstairs one. Good news is she's here every weekend all weekend :lol:

I hereby proclaim you are allowed to drink as much as you want. You're welcome.

I'm just glad we can score now. I'm still not big on the stretch passing and the conservative nature of our game, but I'd rather take a deep breath and not get emotionally involved in any sort of playoff push. I couldn't watch the rest of this game to be honest, I listened on the radio, and it was much better dealing with all this crap. 

Just play some entertaining hockey, get Jack a lot of points, and get rid of as much dead weight as possible before next season. 7 points out now isn't looking great, not with a team that hasn't won 4 in a row in 5 years and failed miserably in their attempt to tonight. Still not sustainable enough hockey. 

I hope next season can be better than this one has been.

BTW, doesn't the NBA come out and say they screwed up when stuff like this happens? That'd be nice. 

Well, the NBA is far and away the best run professional sports league. The NHL has Bettman.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.