(OT) The 'You Ate What Today?!' Thread

PASabreFan

I've gained 25 pounds since September 2015 and now sit (or sprawl, actually) just one pound under 200. I carry it pretty well as a reasonably tall man. But the man boobs that were long gone have returned, and this is when I get motivated to act. Well, the boobs, and the shame associated with the "lunch" I had today. Four slices of pizza and a goodie bag from Tops — an apple fritter, a bear claw and a chocolate-filled donut with chocolate sprinkles that were meant to be for the rest of today and maybe tomorrow.

I am broken.

Things that have worked in the past (slowing down, eating at the table instead of by the puter, counting calories) don't seem to be working anymore. So it's hail mary time. If others will join in, I propose to reveal our daily food intake for all of SabreSpace to see. My guess is that I will immediately start eating more like an adult man and less like a 12-year-old boy, maybe even on Day One.

Anyone else struggling with their diet and willing to join this little social experiment?

Breakfast: 1 slice of cold pizza

Lunch: 1 slice of cold pizza

Dinner: 1 chicken leg, 1 baked sweet potato, green beans.

Hockey snack: 2 beers (it'll probably be iron city today, I play with a lot of steelers fans)

Oh and I've had 2 jolly ranchers(pineapple) and 6 bottles of water so far.

Yeah, it's a struggle here.  But my meals are typically well balanced and low on simple carbs.  My struggle is snack time.  Salty, crunchy, and empty?  Come to Papa.

I'd post my intake here, but it would be more like bragging then trying to shame myself.  I've already got a long food thread for that.....

giphy.gif

The struggle is real! I swear it! The effort that it takes to still have pizza left in that box is ridiculous! The fact that I've had 4 slices in 2 days is amazing to me. 2 months ago that pie wouldn't have made it through last night.

And I forgot, I had a bowl of chicken noodle soup at work this morning.

For example..

Dinner tonight was an acorn squash, split and roasted until tender, and stuffed with Italian sausage, chopped veggies, brown rice, and some Parmesan cheese on top.  Not alot of cheese, and Parm is fairly healthy as cheese goes.  Veggie content was high, and brown rice is a fairly healthy starch. 

But the witching hour strikes around 8pm and I'll be on the hunt for something empty to snack on.  That is my Achilles heel.

If there is good pizza in front of me, I will keep eating until I am in physical discomfort.

Move to Pennsylvania, you'll be fine :p

Edit:says the guy who has been eating pizza for the last 2 days.

Edited by ubkev

I had a good day yesterday:

Breakfast- 3 glassed of soda to quell my stomach from all the booze the previous night

Lunch- Pizza Hut personal pan pizza, double decker taco, half a breadstick

Snack- root beer, fudge round, teriyaki beef Jerry

Dinner-(all of this at Longhorn) 3 Sam Adam's Hopalong, 1 margarita, 1 loaf of bread, 1/2 Firecracker Chicken wrap appetizer, 2/3 of Sausage and fried cheese curds appetizer, 11 Oz Renegade Sirloin steak with a side of mash and Mac & cheese

Just woke up , had a pizza before I go to work, will eat half a bread at work.    

The eating isn't an issue with me its all the drinking, I gained a lot of weight 6 years ago, pretty steady at 110kg now.    If I'm fit I weigh in at 90kg.

I drank like 1.5 liters of cola a day + me and my buddy at work had like a 5 day a week beer binge going on back then when I just quit sports because I couldn't play anymore with my shifts.

Was like 15 + beers minumum each night we went out :p

Now I limit myself to two cola's max a day, only go out 2x times a week max , so my weight is steady now, but thinking of starting to work out again. :p

Saturday: I had a "Dirty Burger" at a place in Newark DE named "Home Grown Cafe". Burger, bacon, BBQ onion, sauce, etc. It was the largest burger I've eaten in some time; about halfway through I started thinking, "this is stupid, it's not worth the calories and cost". Maybe I've turned a corner. The next corner is not buying the special at work, which always sounds good but almost never lives up to expectations. A recent exception was some pretty good Beef Wellington with mashed potatoes and corn.

So far today: Wegs Pretzel bagel with cream cheese (1/3 less fat version). Up for today is a fried rice, large salad, pizza with friends, and a couple pots of tea. We're having people over, so copious (but not Huckleberry copious, holy cow) amounts of beer, wine, and if someone asks, I'll join them drinking some Aquavit.

Saturday: I had a "Dirty Burger" at a place in Newark DE named "Home Grown Cafe". Burger, bacon, BBQ onion, sauce, etc. It was the largest burger I've eaten in some time; about halfway through I started thinking, "this is stupid, it's not worth the calories and cost". Maybe I've turned a corner. The next corner is not buying the special at work, which always sounds good but almost never lives up to expectations. A recent exception was some pretty good Beef Wellington with mashed potatoes and corn.

So far today: Wegs Pretzel bagel with cream cheese (1/3 less fat version). Up for today is a fried rice, large salad, pizza with friends, and a couple pots of tea. We're having people over, so copious (but not Huckleberry copious, holy cow) amounts of beer, wine, and if someone asks, I'll join them drinking some Aquavit.

BAAAAMMMMM

k2mKfqR.gif

Other people's kids are all sick, so I may be able to maintain a reasonable amount of food tonight. Hooray, I guess.

6:30 am just before work- 2 plain eggos and 8 oz protein shake.

9:30 am break- chicken breast and provolone with 1 tsp mayo on whole grain white, 6 leaves romaine, 3/4 cup strawberries and 8 oz OJ.

12:00 pm lunch- 2 chix legs, 1 cup kraft mac n cheese, 1/2 cup corn and 8 oz OJ.

3:30 snack before class- 8 oz protein shake, 3/4 cup strawberries and 1 beer. Yes I drink a beer before I teach.

8:30 pm dinner- 2 cups Spanish rice(with homegrown tomatoes), 1 cup peas and 4 beers.

9:00 pm- beers. Quantity to be determined.

6:30 am just before work- 2 plain eggos and 8 oz protein shake.

9:30 am break- chicken breast and provolone with 1 tsp mayo on whole grain white, 6 leaves romaine, 3/4 cup strawberries and 8 oz OJ.

12:00 pm lunch- 2 chix legs, 1 cup kraft mac n cheese, 1/2 cup corn and 8 oz OJ.

3:30 snack before class- 8 oz protein shake, 3/4 cup strawberries and 1 beer. Yes I drink a beer before I teach.

8:30 pm dinner- 2 cups Spanish rice(with homegrown tomatoes), 1 cup peas and 4 beers.

9:00 pm- beers. Quantity to be determined.

You work out? Cuz I don't know anyone who eats like this except the pros.

Thanks everyone for joining in. I hope it's helping some of you.

The idea of accountability helped me today for sure. The results are not all that impressive, but they're better than they've been.

53 oz. water and one cup of tea (no Diet Coke, which is huge for me)

Timmy Ho's Sausage, egg and cheese biscuit

12" turkey sub with lettuce, tomato, pepper jack and honey mustard dressing (pretzel roll bread)

Banana

2 mini-pies, one apple, one lemon

Since I'm counting everything, 6-8 Luden cherry cough drops (really, I needed them and three) flaxseed capsules

In all, about 2,400 calories, which is OK, maybe a little high for my weight loss goals. But obviously, it wasn't a healthy eating day. Too much fat, salt and refined carbs, and the only veggies I saw were on the sub. I also need to drink more water.

Edited by PASabreFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.