(OT) The 'You Ate What Today?!' Thread

PASabreFan

I'm on board with everything here except the lettuce, tomato, mayo and microwave, each of which is an abomination in this context.  Also, the salami should be genoa. 

Mayo or weber's horseradish mustard, my only 2 weapons of choice

Should have said toaster oven...... 

Never tried it with Genoa...... next time around will do

What is your issue with lettuce and/or tomato???

I don't know who started this whole mayo on sammich craze but it needs to go the way of the dodo.

The only sammich that gets mayo is left over Thanksgiving turkey with a dash of pepper.

Actually never had mayo on anything until the past few years. I'm getting Texanized finally I guess

An occasional Ya'll will come out of my mouth also which puts my NY family in a tizzy

Mayo or weber's horseradish mustard, my only 2 weapons of choice

Should have said toaster oven...... 

Never tried it with Genoa...... next time around will do

What is your issue with lettuce and/or tomato???

I don't know who started this whole mayo on sammich craze but it needs to go the way of the dodo.

The only sammich that gets mayo is left over Thanksgiving turkey with a dash of pepper.

Lettuce, tomato and mayo are quite good on:

Turkey

Roast beef

Ham

Tuna (white tuna, not Italian/dark)

But NFW do they belong on smoked/cured meats, i.e.

Salami

Corned beef

Pastrami

Italian hero

Pulled pork

Those should get brown mustard (1st 3), oil and vinegar (#4) and BBQ sauce (#5).

Special category:  I like a bit of mayo on a Philly cheese steak, but not lettuce or tomato.

JMO, of course, but also 100% the truth.

Turkey

Roast beef

Ham

Salami

Corned beef

Pastrami

Italian hero

Pulled pork

Those should get brown mustard (1st 3), oil and vinegar (#4) and BBQ sauce (#5).

Special category:  I like a bit of mayo on a Philly cheese steak, but not lettuce or tomato.

Turkey is disgusting. :) 

I actually like mustard on my salami too. And right there with you for the bolded.

I actually hate tomato in every form but pasta/pizza sauces.

Turkey

Roast beef

Ham

Salami

Corned beef

Pastrami

Italian hero

Pulled pork

Mayo and Salami go together like Corvettes and American Flags. Get outta here with that. 

The best pizza place sub you can get is salami with white american cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions, banana peppers, and mayo. On fresh pizza dough bread that is just a little toasted. Heaven. 

Mayo and Salami go together like Corvettes and American Flags. Get outta here with that. 

The best pizza place sub you can get is salami with white american cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions, banana peppers, and mayo. On fresh pizza dough bread that is just a little toasted. Heaven. 

You've absolutely nailed my go-to cold sub, minus tomatoes of course. 

Turkey is disgusting. :) 

I actually like mustard on my salami too. And right there with you for the bolded.

I actually hate tomato in every form but pasta/pizza sauces.

You and every male here need to eat your tomatoes in order to be happy later in life.

(Google it -- it's medical truth, not an urban myth.)

Turkey

Roast beef

Ham

MAYO??? on a Philly Cheese Steak???? You are going on the ignore list if you ever badmouth mayo on anything else again.  :P

Ever had one in Philly? With provolone instead of wiz? Freaking fantastic.

Which one is the racist place? Geno's or Pat's? I had one there. (I didn't find out it was the racist one til later) It was fine, good even. Not worth the line, or all the ball washing people give it.

This is more of an argument against Hype than food.

MAYO??? on a Philly Cheese Steak???? You are going on the ignore list if you ever badmouth mayo on anything else again.  :P

To a degree, you can treat Chessesteak like a hamburger as the base components are the same. That makes mayo OK, I guess. I usually get plain (meat and cheese) and then add some BBQ and/or hot sauce to it. Pizza steaks (meat, mozz, and red sauce) are good too. I rarely get cheesesteak hoagie (meat, cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato) and Buffalo (sauce) cheesesteak. Two things I'll mention that surpass all that: three-cheese garlic bread cheese steak: provolone, mozz, and parm cheesesteak on garlic bread long roll. OMG, I have to get one of those again soon. Also, Italian pork: sliced roast pork with juice, sharp provolone, and garlic sauteed broccoli rabe. *That* is the best sandwich in Philly (many places make them, I think Tony Luke's or Dinics have the best).

Which one is the racist place? Geno's or Pat's? I had one there. (I didn't find out it was the racist one til later) It was fine, good even. Not worth the line, or all the ball washing people give it.

This is more of an argument against Hype than food.

That's Geno's, place is OK. Think Anchor Bar wings of cheesesteak. There are other local places to make them better IM non-native O.

Dinner was just stuff thrown in a pan, today. Made white rice, hamburger, kidney beans and red sauce. Threw in the spice cabinet, mixed it all together and threw it on a plate. Not bad.

Breakfast was yogurt

Lunch was an open faced turkey sandwich with swiss

Snack was a handful of chips and salsa.

Lots of water. No booze

Edit: it's easy to eat light when you don't have to work. Tomorrow will be a different story.

Edited by ubkev

Finally figured it out. d4rk is on a wagon train. I can see him rinsing his tin coffee cup in a stream. So much bran, I feel bad for the jingleweed.

Today was a little rough.

I managed to eat eight slices of bread (whole grain though, and smallish) with butter/peanut butter. I had occasion to be in Williamsville and got a Charlie the Butcher's beef on weck. Pretty good, certainly the best I've ever had at a gas station. The horseradish was amazing. It hit my sinuses first, then the top of my head, then my ears. And there was a Tim Horton's around back, so I got two Boston Cream donuts. Surprisingly only 220 calories each.

Other than that, I had a couple of bowls of Frosted Mini Wheats with 2% milk; two bananas; more of the chicken from yesterday; and the rest of the stir fried broccoli.

Calories up a little to 2,650. I'll have 70 ounces of water before it's all said and done, and again no Diet Coke, so good on the fluid front. Take away the donuts and I'd be on track. The bad news is this is the first day I didn't feel the accountability of prying SabreSpace eyes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.