(OT) The 'You Ate What Today?!' Thread

PASabreFan

Breakfast- banana and black tea

Lunch- veggie burger patty plain

Dinner- can of steak/potato soup and some crackers

Snacks... think I'm going to kill some popcorn. Maybe I'll hardboil an egg. 

drinking more tea. drank about 5 glasses of water so far. 

Barely have left my seat. So much work to do. No exercise today, will eat more tomorrow since I have to do 2 hours of open gym/trapeze. 

Finally figured it out. d4rk is on a wagon train. I can see him rinsing his tin coffee cup in a stream. So much bran, I feel bad for the jingleweed.

Ain't no dyin' of dysentery on my watch.  

I'm self-conscious because of how similar my diet is every single day. 

8:30 am: Toast this time, banana

2:00 pm: pb&j sandwich on wheat bread, almonds again, spinach leaves (I literally just take a handful and roll them up and eat them with my fingers most of the time), some yogurt, a protein bar, red grapes, a cookie. 

6:00 pm: a hot dog, some weird rice and broccoli combination, corn, mac and cheese

10:00 pm: crackers with peanut butter, milk

water throughout as usual. 

I feel really gross today. For some reason exercising absolutely murders my digestive system for the rest of the day. 

Kind Jalapeno granola bar (I was in a rush)

Leftover catered-meeting ham and cheese on sourdough sandwich

Two kinda mush and small gala apples

Banana (not too large, NS)

5oz by volume Habanero BBQ roasted almonds

16 oz cold matcha tea

mug hot Earl Grey tea, nothing added

On deck: salad, PB&J on multigrain, Chinese/Thai leftovers when I get home.

Didn't eat the salad nor PB&J. Had a small plate of rice, greek-style Rutabega, and Drunken Noodle, and got back to work. Haven't had time to eat, not too hungry. I had a can of Coke earlier that I forgot.

Greek Rutabaga: I bought one on a whim a couple weeks ago and finally cut it up. I found a recipe to make it like those Greek potatoes you get at diners in Buffalo, so I gave it a shot. The sauce base is Dijon mustard, thyme, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and a few other things, mixed up on cubed rutabaga and cooked on a roasting pan in the oven. The recipe said 2" cubes, which was ridiculous but even the 1"-ish cubes took forever to cook. I wonder if the recipe really means 1/2" cubes.

Finally figured it out. d4rk is on a wagon train. I can see him rinsing his tin coffee cup in a stream. So much bran, I feel bad for the jingleweed.

Today was a little rough.

I managed to eat eight slices of bread (whole grain though, and smallish) with butter/peanut butter. I had occasion to be in Williamsville and got a Charlie the Butcher's beef on weck. Pretty good, certainly the best I've ever had at a gas station. The horseradish was amazing. It hit my sinuses first, then the top of my head, then my ears. And there was a Tim Horton's around back, so I got two Boston Cream donuts. Surprisingly only 220 calories each.

Other than that, I had a couple of bowls of Frosted Mini Wheats with 2% milk; two bananas; more of the chicken from yesterday; and the rest of the stir fried broccoli.

Calories up a little to 2,650. I'll have 70 ounces of water before it's all said and done, and again no Diet Coke, so good on the fluid front. Take away the donuts and I'd be on track. The bad news is this is the first day I didn't feel the accountability of prying SabreSpace eyes.

Hey man, can't eat steak for dinner every night.  :ph34r:

Breakfast- banana and black tea

Lunch- veggie burger patty plain

Dinner- can of steak/potato soup and some crackers

Snacks... think I'm going to kill some popcorn. Maybe I'll hardboil an egg. 

drinking more tea. drank about 5 glasses of water so far. 

Barely have left my seat. So much work to do. No exercise today, will eat more tomorrow since I have to do 2 hours of open gym/trapeze. 

Ain't no dyin' of dysentery on my watch.  

That was my steak and potato soup!   :P

Breakfast: fried egg sammich and an apple

Second breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of bacon

Lunch: Capicola, salami, provolone, lettuce on a hard roll.

Dinner: homemade pizza

And I had 2 bananas in there somewhere.

Edited by ubkev

- Bowl of leftover white rice with some Indian spice mix dumped in.

- Cashews

- Grapenuts with 2%

- Whole Milk Greek Yogurt with a spoonful of Raspberry Jam

- Lots of tea

Addendum:

- Big Salad

- Salmon with Pesto and Parmesan cheese

- Almonds

- Most of an Edmund Fitzgerald Porter

- A moderate glass of Chardonnay

• 4 weeks later...

Had 3 salads yesterday. No lie, salad for breakfast. Lettuce, carrot shavings, you know, that that comes in a bag, tomatoes, chick peas croutons and French dressing. Same thing for second breakfast but with a little ripped apart turkey in it. Lunch was, you guessed it, another salad, and a cheese burger.

Believe it or not, I wasn't actually hungry at all throughout the day. Still, doesn't feel right eating that much green stuff.

Edited by ubkev

MrsPie is doing a juice fast, and it's working pretty well for her. A week in and she's fitting better into clothes and seeing it on the scales; I'm really proud of her. I have a serving or two per day. I'd be doing it too but frankly, between the two of us and and a toddler it's tough getting through all the prep and juicing and clean-up to keep her supplied. It probably averages 1.5 hours per day, although we try to batch it up so we're not spending every day on it. I drink maybe a pint of juice and I'm not nearly as hungry for dinner.

As a part of this, it's fallen on me to "clean out" the fridge of any perishable stuff. Today's menu:

- Quiche (pea and broccoli, we had a pie crust and eggs to use up)

- Provolone and Tomato Basil Jam on Multigrain (this is actually pretty awesome; I'd love to try on some whole wheat Italian bread)

- IPA Jelly in Greek yogurt (there's a local place that makes beer jelly; it's not bad as a novelty. I have a jar of Porter Jelly to use up next)

- Handful of blueberries

- Some leftover mixed vegetables (broccoli, carrot, cauliflower)

- Some smoked cheddar and manchego cheese

This evening will be juice and some hippie turkey kielbasa and sauerkraut. I still have eggs I need to figure out, maybe I'll just hard boil them and put them on salad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.