(OT) The 'You Ate What Today?!' Thread

PASabreFan

9:30am: bagel with cream cheese, banana, water

12:00 pm: PB&J double-decker sandwich (out of lunch-meat) on wheat bread, almonds, red grapes, protein bar, and spinach leaf salad with italian dressing and cucumbers and sunflower seeds, water & milk

4:00 pm: crackers&peanut butter, milk, chocolate chip cookie

6:00 pm: 3 taco stuffed shells, different salad, two cookies and a few gummy valentines day candies, water

8:00 pm: some walnuts, a small handful of peanut butter m&ms, half a bag of popcorn, baby carrots, water

With an additional two glasses of water between all of that. This is a pretty low volume of food for me, and with about a quarter of the sugar and none of the junk food that I usually eat, being conscious of this thread.

Breakfast: cup of coffee, Raisin Bran

Two more cups of coffee

Lunch: leftover spaghetti and bread

Coffee

Dinner: Can of tuna prepared with mayo, chopped raw garlic, hot paprika and pepper, on whole grain bread with lettuce. A cup of 1% milk and a few pieces of cheddar cheese.

Those that have met me IRL know that I'm not a light weight. I've got a belly. But I eat really well. Until snack time. Today is typical for me.

Breakfast- a little more than 1/2 cup of granola cereal and skim milk and a travel mug of 50/50 diluted OJ (yes I dilute my juice to keep liquid up and sugar down).

Lunch- brought from home roast beef sammich, maybe 4 slices of meat, mustard and a slice of provolone cheese. Apple. And water.

Dinner- a good sized salad of mixed greens, Ceasar dressing. Whole wheat pasta with homemade red sauce and 4 small meatballs. Diluted juice again.

Snack- here's what kills me. Grabbed the bag of pistachios and didnt put it down until I had a pile of shells in a small bowl.

If I could suppress those snacks I'd be golden.

Those that have met me IRL know that I'm not a light weight. I've got a belly. But I eat really well. Until snack time. Today is typical for me.

Breakfast- a little more than 1/2 cup of granola cereal and skim milk and a travel mug of 50/50 diluted OJ (yes I dilute my juice to keep liquid up and sugar down).

Lunch- brought from home roast beef sammich, maybe 4 slices of meat, mustard and a slice of provolone cheese. Apple. And water.

Dinner- a good sized salad of mixed greens, Ceasar dressing. Whole wheat pasta with homemade red sauce and 4 small meatballs. Diluted juice again.

Snack- here's what kills me. Grabbed the bag of pistachios and didnt put it down until I had a pile of shells in a small bowl.

If I could suppress those snacks I'd be golden.

Diluting juice is a veteran move. I used to do that with those giant jugs of Arizona Green tea when I worked in the factories. Cut it with water to lower the sugar and stretch the value. It was nice to have something to drink at lunch every day that wasn't water.

Breakfast: finished off the cold pizza at 1am

Second breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs and a little bit(about 1/4 cup) of corned beef hash at 6am

Lunch: nap

Dinner: 5oz skirt steak, roasted sweet potatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, red onion, and red potato.

Then I did my run, and now I'm drinking booze. 64 calories per oz. I'm thinking 4 oz tonight. Maybe 6.

Edit: That's 1527 calories for the day, if I do 4oz of booze. I'm not hungry right now, but I will be in another hour and a half. Gonna try to be drunk by then so that I can go to sleep. Not gonna happen.

Fudge shop cookies, coming up!

Edited by ubkev

Diluting juice is a veteran move. I used to do that with those giant jugs of Arizona Green tea when I worked in the factories. Cut it with water to lower the sugar and stretch the value. It was nice to have something to drink at lunch every day that wasn't water.

Even better, get a Sodastream and dilute it with home made bubble water. I got one and have gone through at least 40 or 50 extra ounces of water a day because of it. Life changing.

My day.

2/3rds of a grilled chicken and cheddar sandwich and chocolate milk (I only do that on days I play hockey, otherwise it would have been water).

8 ounce cup of soup with two mini packs of oyster crackers.

8 or ten ounces linguini noodles flavored with garlic and spinach sautéed in a little olive oil and a little parmesan.

I may or may not have a handful of chips later dipped in some variety of humus.

Even better, get a Sodastream and dilute it with home made bubble water. I got one and have gone through at least 40 or 50 extra ounces of water a day because of it. Life changing.

My day.

2/3rds of a grilled chicken and cheddar sandwich and chocolate milk (I only do that on days I play hockey, otherwise it would have been water).

8 ounce cup of soup with two mini packs of oyster crackers.

8 or ten ounces linguini noodles flavored with garlic and spinach sautéed in a little olive oil and a little parmesan.

I may or may not have a handful of chips later dipped in some variety of humus.

Water is just so damn key to good health.

I always liked chocolate milk after hockey. Used to stop at the gas station on the way home and crush a quart.

Hummus is great. I haven't had it in forever though. Gotta be spicy hummus of course.

Today was not my usual breakfast ... Bosnian coffee (normal) and a ginormous piece of banana / chocolate bread that my beautiful wife baked yesterday afternoon ... she used the last two of those way too big bananas ...  :flirt:

My usual feedings ...

Breakfast ... Bosnian coffee (5-7 cups), 4 whole wheat plain Bretton crackers with just peanuts peanut butter and honey, bowl of cereal (raisin bran and spoon sized shredded wheat mixed with honey with chocolate almond breeze), several cups of water

Lunch ... usually no official lunch, but will snack on granola bars (2), bananas (2) and an orange through the day

Supper ... red lentils with small pepe pasta (a bit bigger than couscous) as a base and then will add fresh veggies ... red, or green, peppers, garlic, yams, or potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, sometimes turnip and cheese (mozzarella, or asiago) .  My wife will take dijon mustard ( :sick: ) with hers.  Fresh bread.  All baked for 45 minutes at 375.

This week- 

Breakfast/Lunch (i skip one or the other usually, just don't have time)- bagel with reduced fat cream cheese and a little bit of smoked salmon,banana.

Dinner- sandwich with a smear of Webers mustard, some turkey (low fat's all they had this week, usually i do honey roasted) and a couple slices of cheese. Some celery or carrots. When I run out of lunch meats, veggie burger on one slice of bread, or just a grapefruit. 

Snacks- pretzels. Some nutella because I can't help myself. 

Tea in lieu of coffee (oh how i miss you, black bean water), loads of water, sometimes some ginger ale with dinner if I'm not feeling great. 

Beer/alcohol is reserved for the weekend or if I have dinner with a friend. Or after an interview call. 

And until this pile of chocolate my mom sent me withers away, little bits of chocolate throughout the day. 

Working out at least 4x a week, usually more. Still can't lose a pound. Oh well. My body's a very different build than it used to be before acrobat stuff- it carries weight differently. I have a very solid/muscular core, arms, upper back and legs, but my lower back is where it all goes, apparently :( Thanks, age. 

Edited by Josie914

It's crazy, but this seems to be working for me. About 2,400 calories again today, but a lot healthier than yesterday (and two days in a row without the caramel-colored acid). Still much room for improvement.

Breakfast: Frosted mini-wheats with 2% milk and banana; whole grain toast with peanut butter

Lunch: Two fried-egg sandwiches (but only one slice of bread each); another banana; cup of chocolate soy milk

Dinner: Cup brown rice with butter; two chicken drumsticks; small portion of chicken breast; almost a pound of broccoli stir-fried in EVOO and diced garlic with red pepper flakes and lemon pepper seasoning

Dessert: Mini-apple pie with pumpkin-flavored tea

Only 45 ounces of water all day, not enough. Cough drops down to three. Six flaxseed capsules.

8:30 am: Bagel with cream cheese, banana, water again.

12:30 pm: Sandwich(salami, provalone, lettuce, 4 dill pickle slices, mayo, on wheat bread), cantaloupe and grapes, spinach leaves, cereal bar, almonds, and some doritos (ugh). Also water. I'm just going to stop saying water - assume I drink it with every meal to wash food down, and 3-4 glasses in between all day. 2 cookies and milk for dessert. 

4:00 pm: some random junk like another handful of chips, some walnuts, some m&ms, but not too much. 

6:00pm: Breaded chicken done on the stove, mixed veggies (broccoli, green beans, carrots, and water chestnuts), more cantaloupe, home fries. 

9:00pm: Bowl of special K cereal, some crackers, a chocolate chip granola bar. 

Oh, and all milk is 1% always.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Breakfast: 1 cup vanilla yogurt

Lunch: steak sandwich with peppers, onions and swiss

Snack: chips and salsa

Dinner: dinosaur red rubbed chicken breast, au gratin potatoes, corn

Gym

Snack: open faced peanut butter sammich

Snack: bourbon

8:30 am: Bagel with cream cheese, banana, water again.

12:30 pm: Sandwich(salami, provalone, lettuce, 4 dill pickle slices, mayo, on wheat bread), cantaloupe and grapes, spinach leaves, cereal bar, almonds, and some doritos (ugh). Also water. I'm just going to stop saying water - assume I drink it with every meal to wash food down, and 3-4 glasses in between all day. 2 cookies and milk for dessert. 

4:00 pm: some random junk like another handful of chips, some walnuts, some m&ms, but not too much. 

6:00pm: Breaded chicken done on the stove, mixed veggies (broccoli, green beans, carrots, and water chestnuts), more cantaloupe, home fries. 

9:00pm: Bowl of special K cereal, some crackers, a chocolate chip granola bar. 

Oh, and all milk is 1% always.

Salami with lettuce and mayo? 

Code red.

Salami with lettuce and mayo? 

Code red.

Dude you know not what you speak......

Fry up 2 cloves of garlic a slice of onion and a sliced tomato, sprinkle basil on both sides of the tomato

Toast a sliced kaiser roll with a touch of butter on it with a slice of provolone cheese on both sides

Microwave 5 slices of hard salami and 3 slices of Tavern Ham

Throw it all on the roll with a touch of Mayo and shredded lettuce

PARADISE my friend..... trust me

Kind Jalapeno granola bar (I was in a rush)

Leftover catered-meeting ham and cheese on sourdough sandwich

Two kinda mush and small gala apples

Banana (not too large, NS)

5oz by volume Habanero BBQ roasted almonds

16 oz cold matcha tea

mug hot Earl Grey tea, nothing added

On deck: salad, PB&J on multigrain, Chinese/Thai leftovers when I get home.

Dude you know not what you speak......

Fry up 2 cloves of garlic a slice of onion and a sliced tomato, sprinkle basil on both sides of the tomato

Toast a sliced kaiser roll with a touch of butter on it with a slice of provolone cheese on both sides

Microwave 5 slices of hard salami and 3 slices of Tavern Ham

Throw it all on the roll with a touch of Mayo and shredded lettuce

PARADISE my friend..... trust me

I'm on board with everything here except the lettuce, tomato, mayo and microwave, each of which is an abomination in this context.  Also, the salami should be genoa. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.