Expansion Draft -- Sabres moves and speculation

SabresBaltimore

Brodin expected to be moved before the roster freeze according to Bobby Mac.

I'm already only allowed in the Bogo bunker when I bring beer, and this might mean I will have to bring whiskey,

But Icould live with an offensive pair of Bogo/Risto, a defensive pair of McCabe/Brodin and a third pair of Antipin/UFA vet like Daley in a Housley system.

Brodin expected to be moved before the roster freeze according to Bobby Mac.

I'm already only allowed in the Bogo bunker when I bring beer, and this might mean I will have to bring whiskey,

But Icould live with an offensive pair of Bogo/Risto, a defensive pair of McCabe/Brodin and a third pair of Antipin/UFA vet like Daley in a Housley system.

I love the idea of brining in a Brodin, but the pairs would probably be altered a bit so both Bogosian and one of McCabe/Brodin aren't playing on their off-side. Maybe:

McCabe - Ristolainen

Brodin - Antipin

Whoever - Bogosian

11th: Game 6 (earliest date Finals could be over)
14th: Game 7 (if necessary)
15th: First buyout period begins

16th: Last chance to place players on waivers
17th 5p ET: Deadline to submit protected lists and trade freeze begins
18th 10a ET: Protected lists released leagewide; start of Vegas' FA signing window
20th:  Adidas Hockey Sabres jersey reveal
21st 10a ET: Vegas' FA signing(and drafting) period ends
21st 8p ET: Picks announced at NHL Awards Show (8pm ET)
22nd: Trade freeze lifted
23rd: Entry Draft

Edited by pi2000

11th: Game 6 (earliest date Finals could be over)

14th: Game 7 (if necessary)

15th: First buyout period begins

16th: Last chance to place players on waivers

17th 5p ET: Deadline to submit protected lists and trade freeze begins

18th 10a ET: Protected lists released leagewide; start of Vegas' FA signing window

20th:  Adidas Hockey Sabres jersey reveal

21st 10a ET: Vegas' FA signing(and drafting) period ends

21st 8p ET: Picks announced at NHL Awards Show (8pm ET)

22nd: Trade freeze lifted

23rd: Entry Draft

I was literally just going to ask if you could put the exact list again because I didn't feel like clicking anywhere else to find it :lol:

I'm not sure who it was, but there was a guy from the Hockey News on WGR in the last day or 2 who essentially guaranteed that Anaheim trades Vatanen before the expansion draft.  He said the price is going to be a bit depressed because he had a bit of a down year and got hurt at the end of the season (I think his shoulder) and is out until New Year's. 

Based on Phil's presser today -- Reino for Vatanen?

I'm not sure who it was, but there was a guy from the Hockey News on WGR in the last day or 2 who essentially guaranteed that Anaheim trades Vatanen before the expansion draft. He said the price is going to be a bit depressed because he had a bit of a down year and got hurt at the end of the season (I think his shoulder) and is out until New Year's.

Every Tsn guy had said Vatenen will be traded. At this point, it's a matter of when and how much

I'm not sure who it was, but there was a guy from the Hockey News on WGR in the last day or 2 who essentially guaranteed that Anaheim trades Vatanen before the expansion draft.  He said the price is going to be a bit depressed because he had a bit of a down year and got hurt at the end of the season (I think his shoulder) and is out until New Year's. 

*Nervously sharpens pitchfork, glancing at the torches in the corner*

I do not. I don't believe Vatanen is very good.

Not good enough to be, say, Buffalo's Hjalmarsson -- a really good 2-way #3 defenseman who isn't quite elite but plays a lot, along with your top pair, and allows you to cycle through cheaper guys at 4-7?

And is that type of defenseman more valuable than Reino?

Vatanen is a very good offensive defenceman and an OK defensive one.

He is not Hjalmarsson, he's Risto without the size and edge, or to pull out an old Sabre, Doug Bodger.

And a 2/3 defenceman is more valuable than a complementary winger.

The thing is, Vatanen almost certainly is not going to get any better.

And despite the fact that many here don't seem to think so, Reinhart almost certainly will.

And he's pretty damn good right now.

If he is the centrepiece of a trade for a Vatanen or a Tanev, I will be with Flagg at the head of an unruly mob.

Vatanen is a very good offensive defenceman and an OK defensive one.

He is not Hjalmarsson, he's Risto without the size and edge, or to pull out an old Sabre, Doug Bodger.

And a 2/3 defenceman is more valuable than a complementary winger.

The thing is, Vatanen almost certainly is not going to get any better.

And despite the fact that many here don't seem to think so, Reinhart almost certainly will.

And he's pretty damn good right now.

If he is the centrepiece of a trade for a Vatanen or a Tanev, I will be with Flagg at the head of an unruly mob.

Count me in as well, should that indeed come to pass.

Taro -- if Vegas takes Moulson or Ennis in exchange for a #3 or better, I'm claiming victory in the disagreement.

Obviously, if there is no sweetener, you win.  I will also stipulate that you win if it's a #5 or #6.

Who wins if it's a #4?

It would take a 1st for Vegas to take Moulson and Ennis. That's $9.5 million of crap.

Just to take Moulson would cost us at least a 3rd. And that's being optimistic.

I refuse to trade Reinhart, I'm trading Kane but no one else in our top 6

Hence why I made the price high. I see no reason to trade Reinhart. He has done everything Buffalo has asked him. over half his points last year 5v5 were primary. 27 5v5 primary points. That's a really solid season for a 2nd year pro at the tender age of 21.

The degree to which Sam Reinhart is underappreciated will forever make me sad, but it's completely unsurprising. Little of what he does pops off the ice: his shot is forgettable, he doesn't skate like the wind, he doesn't lay people out, and he doesn't dangle through defenders. Yet some how, some way, he ends up as one of our best 3 forwards in every major statistical category and makes every player he plays with put up better numbers. While playing out of position.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

The degree to which Sam Reinhart is underappreciated will forever make me sad, but it's completely unsurprising. Little of what he does pops off the ice: his shot is forgettable, he doesn't skate like the wind, he doesn't lay people out, and he doesn't dangle through defenders. Yet some how, some way, he ends up as one of our best 3 forwards in every major statistical category and makes every player he plays with put up better numbers. While playing out of position.

Are you proposing we move Sam to 3rd line centre? Move Larsson or Girgs down to the 4th line?  Or do you move ROR to wing? 

Are you proposing we move Sam to 3rd line centre? Move Larsson or Girgs down to the 4th line? Or do you move ROR to wing?

I propose Reinhart to 3C, with a relatively equal distribution of minutes for the top three lines. Girgs to wing, Larsson at 4C. O'Reilly to wing could work, but I'm interested in creating havoc for the other team by forcing them to try to match up against three threatening lines, which I don't think many teams can do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.