GDT: Buffalo @ Detroit 12-27-2016, 7:56pm est

WildCard

I'll take my PA hat off and ask: is there any basis in reality, any reporting, for fans to be thinking that Bylsma could be fired soon?

Nope. But you can only coach a team whose locker room you've lost for so long, and if we continue to not show up and get smoked by mediocre teams, I think that's the sign.

Foligno - Eichel - Moulson

Girgensons - Reinhart - Okposo

Kane-Larsson - Gionta

Deslauriers - Grant - Carrier

New lines. Definitely not terrible, but poor Jack :P . I'd probably switch Zemgus and Foligno but otherwise it's what I'd do with what we have up here. 

Maybe Kane to Reinhart's line, Foligno to Larsson's, Girgensons to Eichel's. 

But I'm interested to see how these work.

Nope. But you can only coach a team whose locker room you've lost for so long, and if we continue to not show up and get smoked by mediocre teams, I think that's the sign.

Kane-Larsson - Gionta

New lines. Definitely not terrible, but poor Jack :P . I'd probably switch Zemgus and Foligno but otherwise it's what I'd do with what we have up here.

I'd flip Foligno and Girgensons, then Moulson and Carrier.

Kane-Larsson - Gionta

Those lines are horrible.

Foligno down to 2nd line. Kane up to 2nd. Girgs to 3rd. Poso up to 1st.  Did I miss anyone?

Nope. But you can only coach a team whose locker room you've lost for so long, and if we continue to not show up and get smoked by mediocre teams, I think that's the sign.Foligno - Eichel - Moulson[/size]Girgensons - Reinhart - Okposo[/size]Kane-Larsson - Gionta[/size]Deslauriers - Grant - Carrier[/size]

New lines. Definitely not terrible, but poor Jack :P . I'd probably switch Zemgus and Foligno but otherwise it's what I'd do with what we have up here. [/size]

Maybe Kane to Reinhart's line, Foligno to Larsson's, Girgensons to Eichel's. [/size]

But I'm interested to see how these work.[/size]

####, why is he giving Reinhart the wingers that Eichel should get? :censored:

Okposo should be with Eichel

Agreed. It feels like a waste not to pair them up.

I think we should try to have two third lines instead of hoping to have two top lines without ROR. Maybe something like:

1) Reinhart  - Eichel - Okposo

3a) Foligno- Larsson - Gionta

3b) Kane - Girgensons - Carrier

4) Deslauriers - Grant - Moulson

I'm not sure if I'd swap Moulson and Carrier or not.

I'd also try to get Babtiste, Bailey or Sneider back up here and bench Deslauries. I'd like to bench Grant too, but I'm not sure who to slot in at center if we do unless you do something like:

1) Carrier - Eichel - Okposo

3a) Foligno- Larsson - Gionta

3b) Kane - Reinhart  Moulson

4) Deslauriers Girgensons - Babtiste

But that probably makes it too easy to just shut down our top line when we already have trouble scoring.

Plus, I'm bad at this. I'll stop now. Needless to say, I'd like to use the injury to get someone from Rochester with some speed/scoring.

Edited by SabresBaltimore

I'll take my PA hat off and ask: is there any basis in reality, any reporting, for fans to be thinking that Bylsma could be fired soon?

I saw it mentioned for the first time this week in the Buffalo news - not as a rumour, or an insider report, more as a coach must be on the hot seat given the state of the team kinda thing.

In other words, speculation, but the first speculation I've seen in the mainstream media.

Oh and Flagg should be on Eichels right side. I like the way he thinks the game and he has a good work ethic.

PA on the left because they need someone whose not afraid to go into the dirty areas.

I saw it mentioned for the first time this week in the Buffalo news - not as a rumour, or an insider report, more as a coach must be on the hot seat given the state of the team kinda thing.

In other words, speculation, but the first speculation I've seen in the mainstream media.

Oh and Flagg should be on Eichels right side. I like the way he thinks the game and he has a good work ethic.

PA on the left because they need someone whose not afraid to go into the dirty areas.

Wait... what did WildCard say about what we did in the candy isle?

Every team has injuries, and even though we are missing ROR now, we are healthier than most teams, with only him and Ennis out. So that shouldn't give Bylsma any excuses. I'm sure Bylsma isn't our only issue, but he's the biggest one, I think, so it's more comforting to just focus the blame in his direction right now.

With how we've been playing, we need to win this game. If we get taken apart again, he should get fired. But he won't.

Let's hope we can show some spine tonight.

Is Franson back yet? If so I go:

McCabe - Ristolainen

Kulikov - Franson

Falk - Bogosian

or switch Bogosian and Franson if you want to help 47-77 get through their issues. I'm scared of that pairing, but Franson and Falk looked pretty good together from what I remember.

No way Dan leaves Gorges in over Falk though, unfortunately, for some reason

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.