Skype audio only conference call

SDS

I would be happy to host a Skype audio only chat for anyone who would like to talk. Please indicate your willingness to get a skype account and join in.

As it stands now, there is no amount of productive time that could possibly be devoted to informing, correcting and persuading people via the forum format. Too many posters, too many opinions, too many issues to address and too many people posting more and reading less.

The only way to actually make progress is a real voice conversation.

FTR, my days are full. I commute 2-3 hours round trip every day and I have a 12 and 16 year old playing soccer year round. I coach one and I am the manager for the other. I also train both of them at the gym, while I try to maintain some semblance of my own health. Whatever posts I make on my phone are usually during water breaks at some activity or during a small break at work.

I apologize for not responding to certain issues in a more timely way, but there literally is no time for me to address the scope of this situation, particularly since some posters wake up every day hell bent on making everything worse. I have but a bucket of water, but if the town people insist on lighting the entire village on fire then there is nothing I can do about it. Civilization hinges civility...

Dude. You know it's his board, right? If I was him I might shut the whole thing down for a time just because of this single post.

They said no politics for a spell. Period. Everyone needs to get over it, no matter the reasons behind it.

Edited by SwampD

Dude. You know it's his board, right? If I was him I might shut the whole thing down for a time just because of this single post.

They said no politics for a spell. Period. Everyone needs to get over it, no matter the reasons behind it.

Yeah i think we should chill out about it, at this rate we're either going to lose a bunch of good posters or the board itself it feels like

JJ gon' JJ.

My two cents to Scott: You and the mods have done more than enough in terms of explaining, justifying the decision to ixnay a certain thread. There's been due process, or whatever. Folks who are unhappy with it, IMO, can just continue to be unhappy with it, or, make like Elsa.

Frozen-image-frozen-36202078-245-150.gif

JJ gon' JJ.

My two cents to Scott: You and the mods have done more than enough in terms of explaining, justifying the decision to ixnay a certain thread. There's been due process, or whatever. Folks who are unhappy with it, IMO, can just continue to be unhappy with it, or, make like Elsa.

Frozen-image-frozen-36202078-245-150.gif

Or do like JJ and follow the advice of Bill Polian...."If you don't like it, get out of town!"

The post you quoted was deleted after you quoted it, but since you did quote it here it is.

Wow, JJ.  Not your finest hour. 

We may be very fortunate that the latest invoice was paid, but who knows what could happen in January.

We need to move on at this point.

1. SDS

2. That Aud Smell

Skype will allow 23 more. Please sign up.

So. You agree to my revised agenda?  :w00t:

In all seriousness: Merry Christmas to you and yours. I'm hoping the winter holidays mean a few days in which you are NOT grinding out that commute.

So. You agree to my revised agenda? :w00t:

In all seriousness: Merry Christmas to you and yours. I'm hoping the winter holidays mean a few days in which you are NOT grinding out that commute.

I wish there was another way, but my wife commutes 40 min the opposite way. It's the hand I'm dealt, so it's the hand I play.

The post you quoted was deleted after you quoted it, but since you did quote it here it is.

Wow, JJ.  Not your finest hour. 

We may be very fortunate that the latest invoice was paid, but who knows what could happen in January.

We need to move on at this point.

You're right, I could have worded that better. I was in a hurry to get out the door and didn't take the time. 

But I meant every bit of it. 

I'll Skype with you and others - but only if the conversation is focused strictly on how to reduce unreasonable daily commutes - starting with yours, if you're so inclined.  ;)

Ditto, sorry I missed it. Civility yes and openess is essential. Sorry I could not participate because of my schedule. Actually have more time between cases then when at home.

I

am mixed on the political thing here not because of the lack of civility though I think civilty is better for the board and some parameter of decorum should be followed. Hard in this climate when even our leader dont follow such practices. And as a hockey player, my first instinct is to verbally kick the crap outta the other side when i feel they have crossed that line of eticate.

So to me while i enjoy the rough and tumble. Some ground rules need to be established to preserve the board.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.