GDT: Buffalo at Washington, 7 p.m. EST, 12/5/2016

PASabreFan

it must be something in the water, WTF was DD doing there with Guhle, Larsson and Reinhardt?

Same as what he was doing with Guhle on the 4 on 4 on Saturday?

I don't think DDB is a very smart coach.  I know, a lot of this board was begging for him in 2010 or 2011, but it's not looking good.

Edited by Eleven

Same as what he was doing with Guhle on the 4 on 4 on Saturday?

I don't think DDB is a very smart coach. I know, a lot of this board was begging for him in 2010 or 2011, but it's not looking good.

Why? OT is about speed. Who you going to put out ther? Franson? Edited by SwampD

Lehner? What about Risto?

Your #1 goalie needs to come up with big saves now and then. He wasn't challenged much tonight except for the last 2 minutes of regulation. At least two of those goals he allowed were pretty weak. Considering the defense in front of him, they did a good job.

I haven't been impressed with Risto lately. If you're talking about the whiff in front of the net, it was a bad pass and I'm pretty sure Holtby had it covered.

A point, on the road against the Caps with a depleted defense is good. But they could easily have had two.

Why? OT is about speed. Who you going to put out ther? Franson?

It's not just about speed.  Look at what Washington did when the Sabs were in their end.  It's about settling the puck down, too.  So yeah, Franson, or even Hecht.  You need one guy who can calm things down.

And (to someone else upthread) Risto did just fine at that.

I'd bitch about Guhle being out there if the other options of guys who didn't just finish shifts weren't Falk or Burgdorfer. 

Franson just isn't an OT option because of his footspeed.

yeah was thinking the same thing, he is our 3rd best option at the moment.

Reinhart really needs to work on protecting the puck better, him and kane are really dragging Eichel down at the moment.

It's not just about speed.  Look at what Washington did when the Sabs were in their end.  It's about settling the puck down, too.  So yeah, Franson, or even Hecht.  You need one guy who can calm things down.

And (to someone else upthread) Risto did just fine at that.

That's a good point.

Your #1 goalie needs to come up with big saves now and then. He wasn't challenged much tonight except for the last 2 minutes of regulation. At least two of those goals he allowed were pretty weak. Considering the defense in front of him, they did a good job.

I haven't been impressed with Risto lately. If you're talking about the whiff in front of the net, it was a bad pass and I'm pretty sure Holtby had it covered.

A point, on the road against the Caps with a depleted defense is good. But they could easily have had two.

It's tough - Risto obviously isn't at his best, but he's playing, like, the hardest minutes in the league. I think Doughty, Suter, and Byfuglien are the only guys getting more minutes and playing against tougher competition more often. I'm inclined to cut him some slack for now, I think he's doing a damn good job at his age with what he's being tasked with. 

Those minutes would literally break any other player in this organization. It sucks that we have to put him (and McCabe, and Franson) in the situations they are in because of injuries.

On the other hand, Risto has been handed a TON of responsibility and too much TOI with all the injuries, so I'm not going to be too critical of him.

It's tough - Risto obviously isn't at his best, but he's playing, like, the hardest minutes in the league. I think Doughty, Suter, and Byfuglien are the only guys getting more minutes and playing against tougher competition more often. I'm inclined to cut him some slack for now, I think he's doing a damn good job at his age with what he's being tasked with.

Those minutes would literally break any other player in this organization. It sucks that we have to put him (and McCabe, and Franson) in the situations they are in because of injuries.

Haha, I just added to my post.

On the other hand, Risto has been handed a TON of responsibility and too much TOI with all the injuries, so I'm not going to be too critical of him.

Haha, I just added to my post.

Haha, yeah. Every guy on the blue line, for almost all of the season, is just in an unfair spot. Part of that is luck, part of that is GMTM and his depth signings or lack thereof. 

I'm listening to a lacrosse announcer and freaking Laughlin and Washington hasn't changed this announcing team up since at least 1998.  Are you kidding me?

I know, right? When a guy has been around that long, it's clearly time for him to go.

Hey, go easy on Trump. He convinced Carrier to stay around, and he's been playing pretty well since his call up.

Very nice.

1-1-1 in the tough six game stretch. Could be worse. Oilers, Kings, Caps again before the schedule gets easier. 

Easier? Hmmmm. Relatively easier maybe. What's next? The Sabres can't take (insert name of team) lightly?

Never thought I'd say this: "Jack Eichel, liability."

Tomorrow has the makings of the ugliest game of the year, the perfect storm of negatives about facing the fastest team in the league. Gonna be Fugly with a capital F.

Edited by K-9

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.