GDT Sabres at Devils 11-12-16 7PM

spndnchz

Kane must be trying to take the PIM lead away from Gorges;  guy has been a walking penalty machine the last couple games.  That really hurts a team, to have a player putting them on the PK so often.  They were on the PK 12 minutes tonight, 4 of those courtesy of Kane.  His decision making on and off the ice is highly questionable.     

And no points for Gorges, and a -2 for his effort tonight and 21 minutes of ice time.  Is this guy ever gonna score a point this season?   The defense did score a point tonight - albeit on the Moulson garbage-time goal with a Franson assist.    

I miss Ted Nolan.

B-)

why?

If this team looks this bad simple because of O'Reilly and Eichel, we're in for a long several years. Absolutely no excuse to be this bad. Even with the injuries, this team is stacked compared to the tank teams...... Yet they don't look any better.

any team is stacked compared to the tank years

Our top 2 centers are hurt and not playing, our 2nd defenseman is out and we just arent that deep of a team to overcome that. Turn off the tv till mid December when they come back and the season really starts for us. All we have to do is hope to tread water and we will be ok.

Rev up the Tanks? Think we should at least oil them up and turn them over a few times. Longer Jack and ROR stay out... the upside is we are going to find out if the young guys can do anything... I like Carrier and Baptiste so far. The sabres need another high end center. Sam isnt it better playing a support role.

Edited by North Buffalo

We decided to throw away several seasons to come out with high end talent. One twisted ankle and it’s like those 164 games never even happened. What a miserable ###### time it is.

We picked a guy 2nd overall in 2014 that gets the puck and supposedly has all this ungodly ability to dissect the defense and make a play, and he tosses some weak sauce around the boards that gets sprung out and turned into a high quality scoring chance by Jacob Josefson and PA Parenteau. What the ###### is going on? Does Dan have these guys playing that conservative? Did we lose a season to draft a garbage hockey player?

We hired a GM that pissed away almost every asset acquired through the tank and got ROR and a bunch of hot garbage for them. A first for a goalie that’s getting outplayed by a guy we signed near the minimum salary this summer. Then these geniuses let ROR play in a preseason game after getting through 6 incredibly high energy world tournament games, and he gets hurt and is missing time months later because of it. It’s probably a hernia and he probably won’t get better until he can have surgery in the offseason.

We were supposed to drag along and get any points we can until Eichel gets back. We’re 5-10. We can’t score any more than ###### Nolan teams with Torrey Mitchell and Bryan Flynn running power plays. We play a stifling brand of hockey to try and stay in games and not only do we not win anyway, but we score fewer goals in the last 3 weeks than Columbus got in a period and a half tonight with such offensive weapons as Nick Foligno, Alex Wenneberg, Brandon Saad, and Boone Jenner. We’re going to bring in a limping Eichel and let him keep aggravating his injury so that we can score 14 goals every 10 games instead of 11 goals every 10 games.

If Risto is concussed or something after that hit he took, shut this ####er down, don’t let Jack come back, get ROR his surgery, trade guys away, tank for another pick, because that’s all Bylsma knows how to do when he doesn’t have the best two centers in the world along with a top 5 defenseman in the world. And open it up while you do so we can lose 7-3 instead of 2-1, because I can’t stand watching Mitchell Marner be Toronto’s 3rd best young stud scoring at a higher point per game rate his rookie season than Jack would have this year during his sophomore season.

Then get Bylsma’s stench as far away from this team as you can.

We were supposed to make moves and come flying out of our rebuild into an open window of contention. We’re limping out playing pathetic, chicken-sh!t hockey and are years away purely because of bad roster and coaching decisions. We are the Islanders, not the Hawks or the Penguins, and it didn’t have to be this way.

Sadly, I concuss... er concur....

I just mentioned in another topic - this same team had a pretty good hot streak going two weeks ago, and they came within one game (Toronto loss) of hitting .500.  Then it's been pretty much downhill ever since.  

What's the difference maker?  Or just cumulative injuries?  

Rev up the Tanks? Think we should at least oil them up and turn them over a few times. Longer Jack and ROR stay out... the upside is we are going to find out if the young guys can do anything... I like Carrier and Baptiste so far. The sabres need another high end center. Sam isnt it better playing a support role.

I just can't take another year of that. I've given up on football because the sport has gone to hell, helped along by the fact the Bills have been unwatchable for over a decade. And I'm starting to lose interest in hockey, and if my favorite team mails it in, I may never come back. There's only so much punishment I can take. 

I just can't take another year of that. I've given up on football because the sport has gone to hell, helped along by the fact the Bills have been unwatchable for over a decade. And I'm starting to lose interest in hockey, and if my favorite team mails it in, I may never come back. There's only so much punishment I can take.

There are better things in life do then watch unfilled sports teams

IMHO, that's on our GM. He never got us a veteran 7th defenseman. So we're stuck playing guys who aren't ready if someone gets injured.

There's a few things Murray never did in the offseason that he should have. Murray's shine is relatively gone now, for me.

The problem is..what can he do? If you are going to trade to bring someone in who will help score goals...what can the Sabres give up to possibly bring in someone good enough to make a difference??

Side effect of such ardent tanking.

It's the best way to go for one more year

Hopefully just that. This unfortunately has seemed to be the refrain for quite a few years now.

Edited by Thorny

Still somewhat of a fan, however I don't sit in front and watch them too much. Tends to be the same crap over and over again from both franchises

I do, but that's about to change if things don't get into gear real soon. I'm sick of getting duped by the hype. Buffalo is the biggest joke of a professional sports city in North America. 

I've watched 2-3 hours of the NFL this year, which is just long enough to remind me of how awful the product is. I want that time back just for the extra sleep I could get.

The Sabres are still having growing pains to me. Hind sight is always 20/20, but I wish Ted Nolan was here with this group. His *just go play* would be more entertaining than what I'm watching now. The whole team just seems to play with a fourth line grinder mentality of *no mistakes/ dump puck and kill the clock/ don't give up a goal on my shift....*.  For those that play that style (Larsson and  Foligno, not sure about Girgensons) they are excelling under DD, the skill and smarts players are lost. 

GMTM doesn't say much, but I wonder what's going on in his head.... I wonder if he and DD are on the same page or not.... I mean the team murray assembled isn't exactly a run and gun team and they aren't being coached like one either.... If they are on the same page and just hoping it's injuries then we are all a bit doomed.

I've watched 2-3 hours of the NFL this year, which is just long enough to remind me of how awful the product is. I want that time back just for the extra sleep I could get.

The Sabres are still having growing pains to me. Hind sight is always 20/20, but I wish Ted Nolan was here with this group. His *just go play* would be more entertaining than what I'm watching now. The whole team just seems to play with a fourth line grinder mentality of *no mistakes/ dump puck and kill the clock/ don't give up a goal on my shift....*. For those that play that style (Larsson and Foligno, not sure about Girgensons) they are excelling under DD, the skill and smarts players are lost.

To the first point on the NFL, I'm right there with you.

To the Ted Nolan point, I disagree. Ted's team was damn dreadfull to watch. Holy cow, they were awful as well as boring. Not much has changed. We still suck and we're still boring.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.