Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Unrelated to the RT discussion, I decided to give the first season (series 23) of the "new" British Top Gear a watch since it's on Netflix. And my God it is as bad as people said it was. Chris Evans is turrible. I'm not going to watch any more. I'm just going to torrent series 24 where Matt LeBlanc takes over.

I guess Top Gear America with Bill Fichtner debuted last night. I'll have to find that somewhere, although I bet it will be less popular.

The Top Gear brand seems to be grasping for identity while the three musketeers and Grand Tour are set up to launch what will probably be a very good season 2 in the fall.

Have you ever watched Jay Leno's Garage? I'm not a car guy or a Top Gear guy, but every time I stumble across it, I find myself watching and being entertained.

Has "Benders" been mentioned around here? Frankly, it's not my kind of show: four morons do stupid crap and make fun of each other, but the draw is the show loosely revolves around them being beer league hockey players. I saw it on Netflix last night. Looks like it's only eight episodes, so a quick watch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benders_(TV_series)

Since I apparently watched most of the series last night while working out in the garage, I'll probably finish it off. If there were 3-4 seasons of it, I probably wouldn't bother. Others here may enjoy it more. 38% on rotten tomatoes.

EDIT: Dennis Leary product. If you've seen Sirens or apparently Rescue Me (I haven't), you'll recognize the style. Sirens wasn't bad.

Edited by MattPie

Has "Benders" been mentioned around here? Frankly, it's not my kind of show: four morons do stupid crap and make fun of each other, but the draw is the show loosely revolves around them being beer league hockey players. I saw it on Netflix last night. Looks like it's only eight episodes, so a quick watch.

Since I apparently watched most of the series last night while working out in the garage, I'll probably finish it off. If there were 3-4 seasons of it, I probably wouldn't bother. Others here may enjoy it more. 38% on rotten tomatoes.

EDIT: Dennis Leary product. If you've seen Sirens or apparently Rescue Me (I haven't), you'll recognize the style. Sirens wasn't bad.

That show sucked. I was DVRing it. I quit after 3 episodes.

Have you ever watched Jay Leno's Garage? I'm not a car guy or a Top Gear guy, but every time I stumble across it, I find myself watching and being entertained.

I do like Leno's Garage. He's a genuine car nerd.

Josie and I liked Benders. We enjoyed how the couple with the kid basically never did anything with said kid. The kid was a complete after thought.

Edited by d4rksabre

soundtrack was pretty good also

Definitely noticed this. I may have liked the soundtrack better than Baby Driver's.

Really looking forward to seeing this one as well. I've really come to appreciate Charlize Theron over the years.

Me too. For whatever reason I was never a big fan, but lately, I'm not sure what's changed, but she's been unreal. And this might be the most bad-ass I've seen her. Maybe even more then her Mad Max character.

I do like Leno's Garage. He's a genuine car nerd.

Josie and I liked Benders. We enjoyed how the couple with the kid basically never did anything with said kid. The kid was a complete after thought.

Yep, I'm not sure why he's there at all. I'm pretty jealous about the amount of time the guy gets to hang with his friends if he actually has a kid though!

Really looking forward to seeing this one as well. I've really come to appreciate Charlize Theron over the years.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I think I can comfortably call her my favorite actress. Hell of a talent, not just a pretty face (though it's extraordinarily perfect). She'll get "ugly" to play characters like Aileen Wuornos. Seriously... that role... she played the nuances of schizophrenia so well. I grew up with a violent schizophrenic family member and man, she nailed some of the unsettling characteristics. 

And then she can also go traipsing around selling perfume for Dior. AND do comedy (arrested development). And be Furiosa. 

I just love her. 

I want to say it got a bit better just after that with more hockey and less other random BS, but I'm not sure I really can.

It was cute. And super super dumb. And that's what I expected from it, and what I got. 

The hockey bits were my favorite parts, though. Def reminded me of my beer league team! 

hahah well, monster movies aren't known for their mold-breaking plots... 

Though I absolutely agree. There doesn't seem to be much of a middle ground between "BLOW ALL THE UP/KILL ALL THE DRONES YAYY WE SAVED EARF" and super cerebral "what the hell did I just watch, I am so confused right now and I think I need a PhD and several experts to explain it to me to understand".