Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

No love for Sid scoring his 1000th?

The scoring race between him and McDavid could be a fun one. And who knows, maybe a couple of these guys that have gotten hot and pulled within reach will make this more than a two horse race.

Wow!!! add that number to the 2nd highest scorer in NHL history's numbers and you get to finally surpass Gretzky numbers...... DOUBLE WOW!!!

Idk where Detroit is in the standings, but do you think the fans will have a massive shell shock when they miss the playoffs for the first time in like 600 years?

Actually a lot the fans expected to miss the playoffs last year.  Happy they made it an even 25.

But the fan base will be fine.  Even if they don't make the playoffs for a few years, they can do Ilitch memorial promotions, they'll have a new arena next year, they can celebrate anniversaries of their cup wins, etc.  I think the Detroit fan base is hockey literate enough to know you simply can't make the playoffs every stinkin' year and they know they've had their run.

Trouba suspended for two games...I don't have a problem with this and only getting two is probably because he has never been suspended before. No room for head shots period.

The fact that Malkin doens't even get a call after his hit is a pathetic farce.

Trouba suspended for two games...I don't have a problem with this and only getting two is probably because he has never been suspended before. No room for head shots period.

The fact that Malkin doens't even get a call after his hit is a pathetic farce.

Trouba 5 and Malkin with at least a call (and 3-4) is probably what should have happened.

Drouin with one of the best shift I've ever seen

https://twitter.com/JArnholz/status/833528204732334080

I was very much against him last year. Looks like I'm going to have to eat my words on that one

Would REEEAAAALY have liked to have the Sabres pick him up when he was persona non grata in TB.

Good to see you coming around. :beer:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.