Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

Aren't they in 30th place? They were two days ago at least

I love the prospects but they have loads of work to do

They aren't dark horses for the cup this year, but they are getting results from their kids and when the contracts they took on expire they will cap space to fix holes. All in all, nice prospect pool and room to maneuver. They need a Bishop type goalie if they want to push sooner rather than normal.

Aren't they in 30th place? They were two days ago at least

I love the prospects but they have loads of work to do

They do but they are at least doing it the correct way. They are maybe a year behind us. Strome, Crouse, Domi, Duclair, Dvorak, Dauphin, Chychrun all on the team this year. With guys like Keller, Merkley, Fischer, Perlini having the chance of being up in a couple years. It may take them a year or two to put things together but they are an interesting team to look at. 

It is interesting to me to look at their last 2 drafts and see names I wanted pop. Dauphin, Dineen, hell even Chychrun and Keller. I like what they are doing in Arizona because it confirms my only feelings haha

Clayton Keller, the one that got away

A little bit. I think we are lucky that Nylander slid to us. I think he was the target though. 

Keller has 5pts in 5 NCAA games for those playing at home

Edited by LGR4GM

Clayton Keller, the one that got away

Yep. 

USA hockey is looking good for the future. A nice stable of young, talented players all roughly the same age that should all hit their primes around the same time. I see Olympic gold in our future. 

Apparently Price is all thats holding that team together. Bunch of bums.

There is no way in hell that goaltending makes that much of an impact any more. They collapsed last year and this year they're actually not that good with Price too. Montoya lost tonight, he lost a SO and he only beat the Sabres right after BFLO lost Kane and Eichel. And Montoya is not a bad goaltender.

This team is an absolute head case. Weak minded players, weak minded coach and a tool for a GM. If Price can't play 75 games this year, this team is in for a meltdown...... and I'm going to love every second of it because the Canada media have been blowing their loads all over this team the last couple of weeks. 

Did somebody tell Foligno he's in a contract year? 

There is no way in hell that goaltending makes that much of an impact any more. They collapsed last year and this year they're actually not that good with Price too. Montoya lost tonight, he lost a SO and he only beat the Sabres right after BFLO lost Kane and Eichel. And Montoya is not a bad goaltender.

This team is an absolute head case. Weak minded players, weak minded coach and a tool for a GM. If Price can't play 75 games this year, this team is in for a meltdown...... and I'm going to love every second of it because the Canada media have been blowing their loads all over this team the last couple of weeks. 

Did somebody tell Foligno he's in a contract year? 

The truly elite goaltenders do. A standard Price season versus a league average goalie is basically the difference between a 50 goal scorer and a 20 goal scorer.

Anywho, it really was a bush league move to let Montoya get shelled that badly. Yeesh.

What was his +/-?

Wait - I looked. 25 minutes of ice time, and not a single even strength goal against. That's weirdly impressive.

Yea, well, "only" 6 of the goals scored were even strength.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.