Auston Mathews/Hat Trick

jayg

Let's see him do it again. Against a team other than Ottawa.

Feel free to toss this back at me if AM is indeed new Gretzkey or Ottawa are not a complete tire fire. I have a feeling neither is true...

This. Not saying Matthews isn't talented but wow Ottawa and Toronto d and goaltending looks horrendous. Watching this game actually makes me more optimistic that our division can be had.

On the plus side, no other Leaf found the twine and their defense is garbage. Hockey ain't like football where one great coach with one great player (Belichick/Brady) can carry you to the promised land. Matthews might have 100 pts and be in the top in scoring at the end of the season, but his team will be near the top of the lottery as well.

Wait til Matthews plays a team that actually keys in on him and puts someone like Risto or Kulikov on him all night. He won't have the space he did. 

I agree, after watching Ottawa and Toronto last night I feel a great deal better about the Sabres this season even without Jack for 2 months. 

I agree, after watching Ottawa and Toronto last night I feel a great deal better about the Sabres this season even without Jack for 2 months. 

That was some of the most wide-open, no defense, firewagon hockey I have witnessed in a good long time. It was like both teams agreed not to play defense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.