Eichel > Matthews >>> McDavid

speed:

McDavid >> Eichel > Matthews

hands:

McDavid > Matthews >> Eichel

finish:

McDavid = Matthews > Eichel

character:

McDavid = Eichel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matthews

Most pundits thought Matthews was better than Eichel.  He certainly looked in a different league last night. Leafs will be much improved this year as will the Oilers

McKenzie said Matthews would have been the consensus 3rd pick had he been in the draft the year earlier. 

I went and looked at Matthews stats last year and previously and he is basically a Ovie/Stamkos type player. I'd compare McDavid to Crosby with his speed, vision and ability to score but set up teammates. Eichel is kind of in the middle. Mike Modano type. A guy who pots more goals early, but as he spends time in the league he'll become an even better distributor. If I had to compare Eichel to a current player, Toews?

He already had more assists than goals last year.

I think it's the exact opposite. As far as pure playmakers, McDavid and maybe Matthews are better

Mcdavid, certainly. Matthews is not a better playmaker than Eichel.

It was one awesome game by the young man. Anyone watching or listening to him afterwards would see he well aware it was just one game . He is a polite humble young man

For sure. You guys should be happy to have him.

Will be at least a match for Sundin and Sittler.

I good to remember these we speak of are nineteen years old everyone need enjoy the present for what it is . But it far to early to declare them anything . It will be interesting in perhaps five years to see just what each become

The important question is: how will you feel about Eichel and Matthews winning gold over Canada? :p

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.