GDT: Ottawa at Buffalo, Sept. 27, 2016, 7:00 pm

Eleven

Right back at it. Awesome. I'm curios to see which regulars get the nod tonight. I would think the McCabe Bogo pairing. Can't wait to see if McCabe can take that next step. Despite what True says, I think this guy has loads of potential.

After watching his painful struggles as an Amerk, I've tempered my enthusiasm a bit

After watching his painful struggles as an Amerk, I've tempered my enthusiasm a bit

Painful struggles. Sounds exactly what I saw. Someone used "high hockey IQ" in reference to the guy. I choked on my beer when I read it. In his defense he hasn't been as boneheaded on the big club but it's still there. That's still a part of him. I'm not going full on Debby downer though. I'm often proven wrong and I don't mind that. Especially when it improves my hockey team.

In Vogl's article on Girgensons, he said Bylsma's plan is to have him at center full time. On the one hand, be it him or Larsson, that certainly solves our 4th line center problem. On the other hand, if he ends up on the 4th, I think it's a gross underutilization of his abilities and means my preferred LW (of those on the team) for Jack isn't even going to get a shot.

DDDDAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!

I was unable to find any web site that has the Sabre/Sens game on TV.

The MSG site only showed Friday's Leaf game as being televised .

If any one knows different please share.

Sabres.com

Perhaps other sites have not updated their schedules?  MSG is using the TSN feed tonight according to the Sabres.

Girgensons at center makes no sense to me. Once we're cup contenders, Girgensons and O'Reilly should only play center when we need them to (ie Samson/Eichel/Larsson goes down).

Agreed. It makes me wonder if there is a significant statistical swing for him in his game when he's at center. I find that extremely hard to believe

Okposo will play, with Girgensons and Ennis, tonight.

Full forward lines, Lehner in goal:

Ennis-Girgensons-Okposo

Fasching-Dupuy-Rodrigues

Deslauriers-Grant-Moulson

Baptiste-Catenacci-Cornel

Not that it matters, but Sabres site has Fasching and Rodrigues switched, and Baptiste and Cornel switched.

Girgensons at center makes no sense to me. Once we're cup contenders, Girgensons and O'Reilly should only play center when we need them to (ie Samson/Eichel/Larsson goes down).

Unless we are so stacked that Girgensons truly does belong at 4C.

Even looking at this season, if Ennis and Kane are on their games, they are better suited to top 6 LW than him. So where does he fit? It's either 3rd line LW, or 4th line C. Obviously one could make the case for 3rd line LW, but if Girgensons is better at centre, and Bylsma plans to give the bottom six balanced minutes, the argument could be made that 4C is exactly where Girgensons belongs.

Not that it matters, but Sabres site has Fasching and Rodrigues switched, and Baptiste and Cornel switched.

Unless we are so stacked that Girgensons truly does belong at 4C.

Even looking at this season, if Ennis and Kane are on their games, they are better suited to top 6 LW than him. So where does he fit? It's either 3rd line LW, or 4th line C. Obviously one could make the case for 3rd line LW, but if Girgensons is better at centre, and Bylsma plans to give the bottom six balanced minutes, the argument could be made that 4C is exactly where Girgensons belongs.

Agreed.

Even if Kane is on his game, I think he serves us better on Larsson's wing than Eichel or O'Reilly's.

Since I know Hot Daniel's gonna do it again, I'll live with Kane Eichel Samson for 2 games. After it's obvious that it's not working and last year's success was a flash in the pan, I'll have to struggle for 3-4 extra games before they're broken up. Then, I give it until March that HD actually tries Kane and Larsson together.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.