KeyBank Arena Experience and Social Marketing

LGR4GM

Eleven did you check it out? Is it where I'm thinking above 223? If so I just cant see them serving the masses drinks and food from there. 30 people sure no problem. But all of the club level having access??? Don't see it.

There's an area in the 200s that is by the turn toward the bar area - 204ish - that has a door from which Sabres alumni frequently emerge (Playfair, Muni are regulars, but I once caught Gilbert there when he was in town for a promotion). Is that where this lounge is?

There's an area in the 200s that is by the turn toward the bar area - 204ish - that has a door from which Sabres alumni frequently emerge (Playfair, Muni are regulars, but I once caught Gilbert there when he was in town for a promotion). Is that where this lounge is?

That's the only other spot I could see it but why be there when it's completely out sight?

Eleven did you check it out? Is it where I'm thinking above 223? If so I just cant see them serving the masses drinks and food from there. 30 people sure no problem. But all of the club level having access??? Don't see it.

Oh I wasn't there last night.  I meant that I'll check it out next time I'm in the building.

Oh I wasn't there last night.  I meant that I'll check it out next time I'm in the building.

My first game is the second one. I asked someone who did go last night and they didn't notice anything. They generally don't roll out changes in pre season they wait until the regular season starts for menu items etc. so we'll see. Maybe it is the room Aud is referring to. Or the person I spoke to is just not observant. Very likely.

I like HD as much as the next guy. And once you go HD you can't go back. But if I still had a SD TV, I think I'd be happy. I was happy enough watching the Cup runs in 99 and 06. I didn't wish for more detail. Hell, I was happy watching the Sabres and Bruins play their epic seven-game series in 1983 on a 9-inch black and white TV in my room. It was glorious, in fact.

Brad Park! And it's all over! That one still stings.

Actually it was quite loud with Sabres fans and they would combat it with 3 mikes hanging over the small hard core caps fans behind the benches hooked into the PA system to try and drown Sabres fans yelling lets go Buff-a-lo... At least once we overpowered the PA system... The whole upper bowl of the Cap Center was Blue and Gold... Lot of fun in the early 90s

Hell it was like that with Sabres fans as the majority until they made the Conference finals against Pitt. Nothing but a bunch of retreads in that city, and bandwagon riders.

I remember thinking my 56k was a gift from God when I upgraded from a 14.4.

You kids...

My first modem was 300 baud; 0.3k, if you will. You could read text as it came over without having to pause. Later had a 2400 baud, which was nice for transfers but you had to start using a pager because I was just a bit too fast to read without.

You kids...

My first modem was 300 baud; 0.3k, if you will. You could read text as it came over without having to pause. Later had a 2400 baud, which was nice for transfers but you had to start using a pager because I was just a bit too fast to read without.

Had a 300.  Can confirm.

I found out about the lounge. It is nothing. It's the over hanging dining area behind the bar that sits over the Lexus Club buffet area. Nothing changed. Nothing changed. Don't know why they would even mention it other than it gets their logo on another wall and I guess thats their goal. But that is a whole lot of nothing! That area is just overflow dining tables for the 200 level.

I found out about the lounge. It is nothing. It's the over hanging dining area behind the bar that sits over the Lexus Club buffet area. Nothing changed. Nothing changed. Don't know why they would even mention it other than it gets their logo on another wall and I guess thats their goal. But that is a whole lot of nothing! That area is just overflow dining tables for the 200 level.

I know the area. When Ted Black was doing those STH meet and greets, I attended one in that area. It's an odd space.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought we had a thread for the Sabres overall marketing, media, content, but damned if I could find it.

It baffles me as to why - with all the resources the team apparently has - the franchise can't have fun stuff like this.

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/788362544213741568

I am left to infer that the Sabres' limitations in these realms are a product of taste, temperament, and preferred style.

I thought we had a thread for the Sabres overall marketing, media, content, but damned if I could find it.

It baffles me as to why - with all the resources the team apparently has - the franchise can't have fun stuff like this.

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/788362544213741568

I am left to infer that the Sabres' limitations in these realms are a product of taste, temperament, and preferred style.

I found nothing groundbreaking or special about that. Beyond blue n gold is a pretty high end product.

Are we not entertained? Isn't just, ya know, hockey, enough?

I'd suspect it is as simple as a lack of creativity.

Well, yeah.

But WHY?

Know what's messed up? I smirk and sniff at PA's cry for the Pegulas to "hire the best hockey people and take a big step back", but when it comes to stuff as unimportant as digital media fluff, I find myself saying about the same thing.

I found nothing groundbreaking or special about that. Beyond blue n gold is a pretty high end product.

Are we not entertained? Isn't just, ya know, hockey, enough?

Fair on Beyond BG. That is good stuff.

These little tidbits are a different sort of thing, though. Not important, nor essential.

Remember Rhett Warrener's movie reviews? Those were fun. I want some stuff like that, I guess.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.