Evander Kane arrested on misdemeanor charge for June nightclub incident

Hoss

I guess it's just the whole "turn your life around, save your marriage, your son tragically dies so you create an organization that changes laws and drives research literally saving hundreds of children's lives and then beat cancer twice" thing. 

But you're right. He was a dookie back in his 20's. 

Nicely said

Did you lawyers read the complainants/supporters posts that night on social media?

Methinks she/they won't exactly come across too well on the stand.

I'd posted upthread saying it is unlikely that that you'd find a good plaintiff from a 3:00 a.m. bar fight/sh1t fest. We were talking more abstractly immediately above.

If you have a plaintiff who is sympathetic and presents well, generally, in life, you're more than half way to prevailing, in my experience.

I'd posted upthread saying it is unlikely that that you'd find a good plaintiff from a 3:00 a.m. bar fight/sh1t fest. We were talking more abstractly immediately above.

If you have a plaintiff who is sympathetic and presents well, generally, in life, you're more than half way to prevailing, in my experience.

In abstract that certainly rings true.

In this case, strictly judging on Internet posts (because that's all this Kane debate really is) these plaintiffs did not present well.

I guess it's just the whole "turn your life around, save your marriage, your son tragically dies so you create an organization that changes laws and drives research literally saving hundreds of children's lives and then beat cancer twice" thing. 

This is pretty good. I like your style!

I'd missed this. Well-turned.

That said, there is something about the Kelly worship, Kelly brand that grates on me. 

A big if. All plaintiffs look great in the office but most lose their luster on the stand. You are correct that a sympathetic plaintiff is a great starting point. However, if she was banged up, shaken up due to being "thrown around" by millionaire DB hockey player, said DB hockey player would be facing felony not misdemeanor charges. We have come full circle. ;)

Maybe. In a civil suit, you don't have that tough burden of proof with which to contend -- nor do you have the limited resources that inform prosecutorial discretion. Rather, you may have a well-heeled plaintiffs' lawyer who's ready to go to the mattresses.

No matter, though, really. I can't imagine a solid plaintiff will emerge here.

That said, there is something about the Kelly worship, Kelly brand that grates on me. 

Maybe. In a civil suit, you don't have that tough burden of proof with which to contend -- nor do you have the limited resources that inform prosecutorial discretion. Rather, you may have a well-heeled plaintiffs' lawyer who's ready to go to the mattresses.

No matter, though, really. I can't imagine a solid plaintiff will emerge here.

...which perhaps indicates questionable veracity of the allegations.

I've said this before, but I think we need to wait until the facts are in before making any determinations -- not just those that are legally justifiable in a criminal court, but determinations as to Kane's character. 

FWIW, whenever I've seen extended interviews with Kane, I've come away with positive impressions.

I recognize, of course, that YMMV.

If someone leaves an indelible effect on you based on their actions and it's difficult to forgive/forget - it can be comforting to concentrate on the people that are effected positively by their attempt to change. 

If someone leaves an indelible effect on you based on their actions and it's difficult to forgive/forget - it can be comforting to concentrate on the people that are effected positively by their attempt to change.

Now that is some high-quality life advice. Well done sir.

Kane seems to like to get drunk and rough up the ladies that aren't in to that sort of thing and doesn't seem to know what no means.But his lawyer Cambria will have a field day with these brainless bouncers and gold digging bar tramps in court. Great player but don't need a guy like this around.

I'm sorry. What?

No indelible mark here. No ill effect.

The fact that I sometimes get overfilled on #KellyTough has nothing to do with his wild younger days. Or any other "missteps" he may've had in life, for that matter.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I'm sorry. What?

No indelible mark here. No ill effect.

The fact that I sometimes get overfilled on #KellyTough has nothing to do with his wild younger days.

Oh ok, my fault for assuming it was due to his past.  I guess just try and overlook that you get tiresome of it and that it inspires other people to fight cancer, etc.

A stunt for whose benefit? Rigas and son offered to turn themselves in in Manhattan but were forced to do a perk walk so the country could see that the government was cracking down on corporate criminals. What's the message here?

Given that no one is going to offer a reasonable theory as to the message, I would look more to the policy of the department. ie, they were just following policy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.