GDT: Blue/Gold scrimmage

PromoTheRobot

I really like the gold sweaters. It's a good look with the blue pants IMO. Wouldn't mind a gold alternate that looks just like these, all gold with the grey pits.

Probably many people that shy away from gold because of how awful the gold front/blue back ones from a couple years ago were. But I like the 100% gold.

Don't ever mention the word grey again

Pu had a warm feeling hearing the crowd greeting him so often. You could tell he was enjoying his moment wearing a big grin.

Nylander was the real deal speed and skill.

Was "Pu had a warm feeling" supposed to be funny? Either way, I chuckled a bit.

whoa.  pretty sweet stuff there.  and he's fast.

i hope he's in Rochester  this year.

Was "Pu had a warm feeling" supposed to be funny? Either way, I chuckled a bit.

It was. Chuckled a bit was the intended response.

RJ made sure he didn't go full season mode with it. But I think he was aware of how many pu pu platters he could come up with if today was a regular season game. Pu has received nothing less than Buffalove since he's been in town and no doubt he's loving every minute of it. Good for him to get this. This guy will love us forever regardless of where he plays over time.

Baptiste looked like he did coming into his first camp.  I was impressed with Fasching the most, he looked poised and the most pro ready.  While Carrier doesn't do anything stellar, I still think he could be a solid bottom six forward and could step in if Buffalo were to move on from Foligno. Nylander and Asplund looked very good with carrying the puck and the general speed and flow of the game.  Like any first timer, there are moments of lapse and "getting lost" out there.  Overall I was impressed.  

Cal Petersen was rock solid, as he usually is. He's got to be viewed as our best prospect netminder at this point, right?

I, too, am curious if anyone has any more insight on Petersen.  Looks like he started all 34 games in net for Notre Dame in his sophomore season last year, and performed very well.  Is his ceiling high enough to get excited / keep a close eye on him?

I, too, am curious if anyone has any more insight on Petersen. Looks like he started all 34 games in net for Notre Dame in his sophomore season last year, and performed very well. Is his ceiling high enough to get excited / keep a close eye on him?

Pham is very high on him and said he could shake out as the Sabres netminder in a couple years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.