OT: Happy Independence Day!

Neo

As a third generation American, I'd like to say thank God for our founding fathers and their part in our freedom. I have always felt that I was unbelievably fortunate to be born in the USA. For all the problems this country has it is the best damn one in the world. God bless all of us. God bless the USA.

Just got back from a little shindig at a buddies house. He had an 80 lb. pig and a whole mess of other stuff. Good times. Now I'm relaxing with glass of bourbon because I didn't get to imbibe at the party.

Spent the day tending a smoker. Smoked 54lbs of pork shoulder for my niece's HS graduation party in a couple weeks. Im smoking a mess of meatballs for appetizers as well.

You smoked it now for a party that isn't for a couple of weeks? What do you wrap it in before you freeze it? I'm guessing either some kind of butcher paper/freezer bag combo or some kind of super Tupperware but I'm curious because I've never put cooked meat back in the freeze unless you count hot dogs because they already come pre-cooked.

You smoked it now for a party that isn't for a couple of weeks? What do you wrap it in before you freeze it? I'm guessing either some kind of butcher paper/freezer bag combo or some kind of super Tupperware but I'm curious because I've never put cooked meat back in the freeze unless you count hot dogs because they already come pre-cooked.

1gal ziplock bags. My smoker is too big to do 1 meal at a time. I generally load it up when I'm smoking, so we often freeze smoked meat. It turns out fine.

1gal ziplock bags. My smoker is too big to do 1 meal at a time. I generally load it up when I'm smoking, so we often freeze smoked meat. It turns out fine.

Cool. You learn something new every day I guess. I don't own a smoker but I'll file this tidbit away into the rolodex of my brain and hopefully remember it if/when I get one.

What's the rule on freezing it? Do you need to cool it first or just go directly to the freezer? I've heard both.

I'm in the middle of a 12 hour day on 3 hours sleep because my neighbors had were drinking and yelling around a fire until almost 3 in the morning. Midnight? Fine it'd the Fourth. 1am? Maybe, I guess. But 3am? ###### you you inconsiderate ######.

What are you doing for that long today?

What's the rule on freezing it? Do you need to cool it first or just go directly to the freezer? I've heard both.

Good guide to freezing barbeque.  I think you're fine freezing it anytime after you've let it rest as you would normally before serving.

http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/reheating_leftover_ribs.html

Also for Drunkard, a used Weber kettle grill can serve as an excellent smoker.  I see them all the time on Craigslist in the $50 or below range.

I saw three different fireworks displays this year.  Last night's in Boston, NY was the best.  Whoever did that show "gets" fireworks.

As you can imagine, there were lots of little kids around.  There was a group near us, and I could hear everything the kids were saying.  When something cool happened, they would say "'Murica!"

I was f***ing disgusted at all of you cool kids who think that phrase is cute and harmless.

I saw three different fireworks displays this year.  Last night's in Boston, NY was the best.  Whoever did that show "gets" fireworks.

As you can imagine, there were lots of little kids around.  There was a group near us, and I could hear everything the kids were saying.  When something cool happened, they would say "'Murica!"

I was f***ing disgusted at all of you cool kids who think that phrase is cute and harmless.

Really? You're upset about that phrase? Have you never seen Team America World Police? It's hilarious. It's at least as harmless as denigrating the flag to the point of turning it into an Elvis type jumpsuit like Mr. Knievel. I guess anything can be turned into a bogeyman.

Drunkard, on 05 Jul 2016 - 2:42 PM, said:

Really? You're upset about that phrase? Have you never seen Team America World Police? It's hilarious. It's at least as harmless as denigrating the flag to the point of turning it into an Elvis type jumpsuit like Mr. Knievel. I guess anything can be turned into a bogeyman.

This absolutely addresses the matter.  A gold star sticker for you!

This absolutely addresses the matter.  A gold star sticker for you!

Woooo Hooooo! Gold star, ! I win the making a mountain out of a mole hill seal of approval! I'm going celebrate by finding a red, white, and blue jump suit then do some karate in the garage.

Well, this thread used to readable.....

Ya gotta admit, there's something at least mildly amusing about a conservative being upset by language and liberals telling him to lighten up, they're just funny words. Talk about total role reversal.

Somewhere, CV is muttering to himself "why don't they just read the book."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.