Sabres Prospects 2016-17

Hoss

A Leaf fan told me he was among the ten best players in the NHL.

Only the third best player on TO though.

Leave fans have a little grandiose sense of their team. If 3 top ten players, why didnt they win the whole thing. I piss on leaves..

I could name 20 better players then Nylander, hes good but not in top 20, other than Matthews, who else there cracks the top 50?

Leave fans have a little grandiose sense of their team. If 3 top ten players, why didnt they win the whole thing. I piss on leaves..I could name 20 better players then Nylander, hes good but not in top 20, other than Matthews, who else there cracks the top 50?

My guess is that Loaf fan ranks Marner higher.

Looking at the list I made, they have Matthews (27), Marner (56), Nylander (79), Kadri (85), JVR (146), Rielly (153), Gardiner (159), and Bozak (199) in my top 200

Interesting, I have Kadri in front of both at 60ish followed by Marner and and Nylander both closely now in the low 80s. I do think Nylander will be much better in time imo.

I think the chance Alex becomes the player William already was during his rookie year is slim. William is already a very, very good NHLer, and is likely going to be a star.

I wouldn't say that, I can definitely see the possibility of Alex becoming a 60 point player on a scoring line here. It's by no means guaranteed, but I wouldn't say the likelihood is slim.

While we Sabres Fans are occasionally delusional, Leafs fans have to be the biggest group of delusional fans in the NHL.

Lets review,  In my lifetime (and since their last Cup win in 1967) the Leafs have won

1 divisional title (1999-2000)

0 Conference Championships

0 Stanley Cups

0 Presidents' Trophy

3 Appearances in the Conference Finals  (all loses)

Missed the playoffs 17 since the Sabres joined the NHL

Highest Cost per ticket in the NHL

Buffalo Sabres

6 Division Championships

2 Conference Championships

0 Stanley Cups

1 Presidents' Trophy

5 Appearances in Conference Finals (record 2-3)

Missed the playoffs 17 times (but 3 in first 4 years)

17th in average ticket cost

Which history would you rather have?

I was thinking about our D camp and the prospects that played in it.  We actually had prospects from 3 different GM's

Regier: Peterson, Florentino, Malone, Baptiste, Hurley, and Bailey

Murray: Fasching, Brown, Willman, Martin, Johansson, Karabacek, Cornel, Stephens, Borgen, Guhle, Nylander, Asplund, Fitzgerald, Murray, Budik. Hagel, Osmanski and Glotov

Botterill: Mittelstadt, Davidsson, Luukkonen, Laaksonen, Bryson and Weissbach

One other note: 2017 was the first draft in Sabres history that not a single players from a CHL team was drafted.  No kids from the OHL, QMJHL or the WHL.  Instead we 2 two kids from the USHL, one from the NCAA and 3 from Scandinavia.

Edited by GASabresFan

Since when is a 6'1 player considered small?

I don't think anyone is really "worried" about Nylander. Disappointed a little that he wasn't more dominant in the A, even at 18. However 28 pts in 65 games is .40 p/gp isn't horrible for a 18 year old in the AHL. It was certainly better the Zemgus did in similar circumstances a few years ago when he had 17 pts in 61 games for the Amerks.

Where the disappontment comes in was in comparing him to his brother. William was the 8th pick in 2014. In the season following his draft, he split time between the SHL (20 pts in 21 games) and the AHL (32 pts in 37 games).

As much as I want to like Zemgus, using him as the bar is only borderline NHL player at this point.

He should but wow was dude slight last season. He looked half the size of most of the players.

He played a lot of hockey, at his age I had to fight to keep weight on. One at 20 years of age working as a bike messenger, I dropped to 137lbs eating 5 meals a day plus a pint of ice cream. Once it cooled down I jumped back up to 165 as I didnt work as much while in school. Its understandable, dude needs to eat an American growth hormone filled burger a nite.

He played a lot of hockey, at his age I had to fight to keep weight on. One at 20 years of age working as a bike messenger, I dropped to 137lbs eating 5 meals a day plus a pint of ice cream. Once it cooled down I jumped back up to 165 as I didnt work as much while in school. Its understandable, dude needs to eat an American growth hormone filled burger a nite.

Yeah, just what they need, another player w/ a fat head. ;)

I'm certaintly not advocating he can't do it. I was a buck 35 when I graduated high school and left college at 195 so I understand the plight. Hopefully he'll put it on a little more healthy than I did.

I'm certaintly not advocating he can't do it. I was a buck 35 when I graduated high school and left college at 195 so I understand the plight. Hopefully he'll put it on a little more healthy than I did.

Lol, that I can understand, didnt drink when I was a courier, that would have been torture in the morning... still looked like a Heroin addict.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.