Free Agency Frenzy 2016

Brawndo

Arthur Staples of Newsday mentions Buffalo and Detroit as teams who could outbid the Isles for Frans Nielsen: http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/islanders-move-on-to-plan-b-as-steven-stamkos-re-signs-with-lightning-1.11986678

Hearing that Milan Lucic has narrowed his choices to two teams. Decision time Friday when market opens.

Don't know which are the 2 teams but we know that Edmonton, Vancouver, Montreal, Dallas among teams very interested...

McGinn's agent may have found underwhelming interest for his client at his desired price and has decided to settle with whatever reasonable offer GMTM gave him prior to the deadline. I could honestly see McGinn deciding not to try to grind out an extra 500k to just go and play with friends. Let's say our offer was 3x3.5mil and they were hoping to get 5x5mil. They go around and receive little in terms of willingness of teams to go that high, thus they negotiate with GMTM up to 3x4 or 4x4 and thus settle. It makes sense. Especially if we end up trading Kane, McGinn is a good 3rd liner who can float up the lineup in a pinch and produce. If we can get McGinn and Vesey, regardless of Kane, that tells me either Foligno is a goner or they are not so optimistic of Moulson's return to relative skill.  

I want better for my skill players than being saddled with dragging McGinn around the ice for the next four years.

I wouldn't say dragging, propping up a bit sure but dragging alludes to him being completely incapable. He's not Moulson during his scoreless drought. 

I wouldn't say dragging, propping up a bit sure but dragging alludes to him being completely incapable. He's not Moulson during his scoreless drought.

Okay, fine. I want better for my skill players than dragging him around the ice everywhere other than below the face off circles on the offensive zone.

Famous last words on this guy.