Evander Kane : Two crime reports filed in nightclub incident

Hoss

You just judged him b4 we even learn more about what occurred. You judged him as a woman beater. That's not an accusation I'd make lightly.

As to the NHL team crap you're trying to spew, I don't even live in NY but yea sure, I work for the Sabres PR. They pay me 100k not to live near my team but post about how great everyone on the team is.

Sunnova, I need to talk to Stan; there's no way I should be making less than you with the seniority I have over you you little punk.

Kane pretty obviously can be a douchebag. That's about all anyone here knows.

The rest of this threatens to be another "let's project all my preconceived notions into a passionate argument about an incident I know very little about" thread, much like the Patrick Kane debacle of last summer.

Meanwhile, no is talking about Kyle Okposo.

Why, who did he grope ?

I don't think it's liquor that does it to him.

I've done my share of recreational substances in my life. You name it I've done it.. The fact is the only time I ever did or ever witnessed  shady regrettable actions in all those decades of partying was when alcohol was involved. never ever have I ever witnessed or seen anyone using other substances without alcohol act like a douche. Douche personality always comes out when alcohol is being consumed in mass quantities.

SO I disagree 200% with your statement based upon decades of experience . He may be using other substances but it was the abundance of Alcohol that turns a person into an instant dick. Now its quite possible other substances helped him consume more alcohol quickly but in the end it was the alcohol IMO

Edited by ddaryl

It's better than most, I'll give you that. 

As for the employees, it's their job to sway public opinion in a positive direction. Those doing their hardest to defend Kane in this thread are your first clue as to who's who. Not all of them, probably. But then again maybe. I think it's fair to say that a reasonable person would be a little annoyed at Kane at this point, not making excuses for him. If posters are exerting a lot of energy in defending him, I'd say it's pretty suspicious. If they are trying to spin this in a positive light, that's even more curious.

So no, it's not OK. These people act as though they are fans, but are employed to influence your opinions. They are not fans and they are not your friends. I'm frankly disgusted by them and they know who they are, and they hate me equally. Many use multiple accounts, and even reply and agree with each other. I saw it a couple times in this thread. I won't call them out in order to avoid a firestorm. But I assure you this is the status quo on every sports board. 

I think I'm going to make it a tradition to come back to this board every time Kane gets in trouble to kick the posters/PR reps who called me racist in the gut a bit. 

Conspiracy theorist? Wear tinfoil? Right now that wouldn't surprise me. 

Edited by GoPre

I am pretty sure Kaner doesn't drink alcohol...maybe he should start?

Does anyone think he starts the season in a Sabres' uni? Thorny?

Huckleberry, why do you think Murray won't trade him?

Not sure what Duff's wings are but rarely eat chicken and I don't see Laine going anywhere for the next decade or so. I am pretty sure the Nucks would take a chance on him...the Jets, not so much.

I don't really care. I just want to watch some hockey.

I agree. Between the hostility in the political thread and this thread, this place is getting rather bitter and uninviting. I'd rather the hostility be concentrated on GDT's. :D

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Robin Egg, on 08 Jul 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

If by "this place" you mean the internet in general, then I agree.

The internet is a reflection of people.  People are bitter and uninviting in general.  If people were otherwise, so would be the internet.

I am pretty sure Kaner doesn't drink alcohol...maybe he should start?

Does anyone think he starts the season in a Sabres' uni? Thorny?

Huckleberry, why do you think Murray won't trade him?

Not sure what Duff's wings are but rarely eat chicken and I don't see Laine going anywhere for the next decade or so. I am pretty sure the Nucks would take a chance on him...the Jets, not so much.

Murray won't trade him for scraps, and as long as the investigation is hanging over his head, no other GM will give a decent return for him.

He still is a 20 goal scorer who plays the game right, could be a 30 goal scorer if his aim wasn't off :p

Edited by Huckleberry

The internet is a reflection of people.  People are bitter and uninviting in general.  If people were otherwise, so would be the internet.

I disagree.  I think the internet affects people in a social sense.  People in isolation will come to a different position, even if they do research, in isolation, than if they they chat about it with friends and enemies on the internet.  I think people become more irrationally entrenched more quickly as a result of social media influences.

Robin Egg, on 08 Jul 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

I disagree.  I think the internet affects people in a social sense.  People in isolation will come to a different position, even if they do research, in isolation, than if they they chat about it with friends and enemies on the internet.  I think people become more irrationally entrenched more quickly as a result of social media influences.

You're describing the difference between a person alone versus and person amongst a group.  The person alone is the person defined.

Murray won't trade him for scraps, and as long as the investigation is hanging over his head, no other GM will give a decent return for him.

He still is a 20 goal scorer who plays the game right, could be a 30 goal scorer if his aim wasn't off :p

Not to mention Murray has been enamored with him since his draft year

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.