Evander Kane : Two crime reports filed in nightclub incident

Hoss

Don't worry, my friend.

Some either refuse to believe, or just can't handle, the truth.

Thank you. I thought I was going crazy.

A Sabres player is accused of violence towards women for the 2nd time in a year, with apparent video evidence, and I'm the bad guy. Being literally told to "shut up". 

I see we're running out of counter arguments.

There's a term for those trying to pretend Evander Kane might be innocent. It's called "wishful thinking". 

And for some of you in this thread it's called "PR Damage Control". 

I haven't seen anyone pretending he is innocent. I have seen a couple people willing to call him guilty without all the facts. Did he do something wrong? Starting to look that way, but until all the facts are known we can't really pass judgement. Facts btw are not media reports or police reports. They are the facts revealed at trial.

I haven't seen anyone pretending he is innocent. I have seen a couple people willing to call him guilty without all the facts. Did he do something wrong? Starting to look that way, but until all the facts are known we can't really pass judgement. Facts btw are not media reports or police reports. They are the facts revealed at trial.

Yes, because facts revealed at trial are the truth. Give me a break. 

A Sabres player is accused of violence towards women for the 2nd time in a year, with apparent video evidence, and I'm the bad guy. Being literally told to "shut up". 

He was never accused of violence towards the first woman. She never claimed to have been abused by Kane and the police investigation did not produce evidence that he was violent towards that lady. You are not blatantly lying in this thread. 

Today it sounds like he will be charged and in that instance you could say he has been accused of violence against women. 

So what is the truth? You seem to know it. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Well, I gave you the opportunity to expound on your statement. You declined. Tough for there to be a valid counter-argument when the initial statement is so vague in the first place. Edited by JJFIVEOH

musichunch, on 07 Jul 2016 - 1:43 PM, said:

I think you should go all vigilante on him.  You know where he lives.

Shut up

This is not OK.  Please do not respond to other posts in this way.

How can most of those be used as "facts" to charge Kane with anything?

A better course of action would be to simply ignore a post that is mostly subjective. Saying this just feeds into a response. 

Both of these are much better alternative responses.

He was never accused of violence towards the first woman. She never claimed to have been abused by Kane and the police investigation did not produce evidence that he was violent towards that lady. You are not blatantly lying in this thread. 

Today it sounds like he will be charged and in that instance you could say he has been accused against violence against women. 

So what is the truth? You seem to know it. 

Worth more than facts shared on a message board. Just saying....

Well, I gave you the opportunity to expound on your statement. You declined. Tough for there to be a valid counter-argument when the initial statement is so vague in the first place.

I saw this with the Pat Kane thread. These conversations get infiltrated and go from regular hockey fans and people talking, to turning into quasi-legalese, where everybody all of a sudden needs to be careful of what they say. Very smart strategy I must say. But I'm not playing your game.

The Pat Kane incident was something completely different the entire time, so this Evander Kane incident is either the same thing, or it's what it obviously seems like to any normal person not blinded by their fandom or employed by the NHL:

A D-Bag cokehead on an ego trip who likes to beat women. 

With that, I'll check out, and leave the marketing reps to carry on with their jobs of fooling the fanbase and ensuring they will buy new jerseys and tickets. I'll be back next time Evander Kane screws up, which he will. 

I saw this with the Pat Kane thread. These conversations get infiltrated and go from regular hockey fans and people talking, to turning into quasi-legalese, where everybody all of a sudden needs to be careful of what they say. Very smart strategy I must say. But I'm not playing your game.

The Pat Kane incident was something completely different the entire time, so this Evander Kane incident is either the same thing, or it's what it obviously seems like to any normal person not blinded by their fandom or employed by the NHL:

With that, I'll check out, and leave the marketing reps to carry on with their jobs of fooling the fanbase and ensuring they will buy new jerseys and tickets. I'll be back next time Evander Kane screws up, which he will.

You just judged him b4 we even learn more about what occurred. You judged him as a woman beater. That's not an accusation I'd make lightly.

As to the NHL team crap you're trying to spew, I don't even live in NY but yea sure, I work for the Sabres PR. They pay me 100k not to live near my team but post about how great everyone on the team is.

I think this over-states things a bit in some respects, but I also don't think it's an unfair take on who and what E. Kane is (or has become).

Feckin' idiot.

(I meant Kane - not 'hunch.)

Certainly. At the very least he displays poor judgement and can't seem to avoid trouble. Where there's smoke, I guess.

Certainly. At the very least he displays poor judgement and can't seem to avoid trouble. Where there's smoke, I guess.

Yeah. I don't endorse making wild accusations and unequivocal condemnations of the guy without having a firm basis in known facts (or reasonable inferences), but ... I also don't want to rise to defend his stupid ass either.

This is not OK.  Please do not respond to other posts in this way.

Both of these are much better alternative responses.

I see we're running out of counter arguments.

There's a term for those trying to pretend Evander Kane might be innocent. It's called "wishful thinking". 

And for some of you in this thread it's called "PR Damage Control". 

Yeah, I apologize, this was bad on my part. So here's a better response. And note that this comes from someone who is pretty ready to get rid of Kane, too.

Witness statements - Check Eye witnesses are notoriously wrong, and we don't have a first person statement in the press, anyways.

Reports of Video - Check - Reports of a video that you have not seen. Reports.

Charges Pending - Check - Charges are not pending, they are filed, they are non-criminal.

Prior Reports of Abuse Towards Women - Check - I could be wrong about this, but the only report I know of was the rape allegations previously in the year. That was an incident where the woman never accused him of anything, and no charges were filed. If there is something other than this I'll back off on it.

Previous Locker Room Issues With Teammates - Check - Irrelevant

Aggressive and Fearless Play On The Ice - Check - Irrelevant

Great Fighter - Check - Irrelevant

Consensus D-Bag on Instagram - Check - Irrelevant

Prefers Chippewa to Other City Areas - Check - Irrelevant

Yes, we better wait for the "facts" to come out. 

Almost none of the things you mentioned are facts, and the ones that are have nothing to do with the case involved. I get mad about people's response to stuff like this because judging criminal proceedings based on someone being a "D-bag" only causes more problems.

Again, I am fine with Kane never playing here again, if for no reason other than the fact that he is a blockhead. If you have had multiple situations like this, even if you think you were not at fault, do not put yourself in that position anymore. If you get in trouble when you hang out in bars at 2 in the morning, do not hangout in bars at 2 in the morning. Its pretty simple. Its the same reason I never want P. Kane on my team, either. I was done with him after the whole cab driver thing. You have a reasonable right to being dumb, especially at that age and with that money. Once that currency is used up, its used up in my book, and both the Kane's have spent their share.

And if the Pegulas or whomever get their hands on that tape or talk to someone or whatever and determine that he did something violent to a woman then they should cut him. Not trade him, not suspend him, cut him. Don't worry about the money or the cap, he's done on my team right now. But we don't really know anything, and making accusations and assumptions on almost no information, or facts, is how we get in lots of trouble in this world.

Edited by sabills

Yeah. I don't endorse making wild accusations and unequivocal condemnations of the guy without having a firm basis in known facts (or reasonable inferences), but ... I also don't want to rise to defend his stupid ass either.

My suggestion is to do neither. We are in a highly asymmetrical informational situation. Why people would choose to make unnecessary judgments knowing so little is beyond me. The lawyers, the police and the team have 100x the info we currently have. Let them do their thing.

You aren't Batman.

My suggestion is to do neither. We are in a highly asymmetrical informational situation. Why people would choose to make unnecessary judgments knowing so little is beyond me. The lawyers, the police and the team have 100x the info we currently have. Let them do their thing.

Yup. Doesn't look good but gotta sit tight til we the fans know more.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.