Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

On the list sure, but it has to go against then if it truly is a factor. I guess the question is, how badly does he want to be close to home? Also, does Jack provide that familiarity he might be looking for to feel comfortable?

More twitter talk of Sabres making a late night push to sign him to tonight

Edited by WildCard

I read a rumor that there is another rumor that he's rumored to go to Metallurg Novokuznetsk, BUT he doesn't like the government in Kemerovo Oblast.

So the new rumor is that the Kemorovo Premier is going to meet with Vesey over vodkas and deer bladder pies.  

There is no 8/15 deadline in the KHL.  The only deadline in KHL is when KHL kills you.

On the list sure, but it has to go against then if it truly is a factor. I guess the question is, how badly does he want to be close to home? Also, does Jack provide that familiarity he might be looking for to feel comfortable?

I cannot possibly imagine a scenario in which he doesn't go UFA right now. I mean, what's the upside to not talking to other teams?

I read a rumor that there is another rumor that he's rumored to go to Metallurg Novokuznetsk, BUT he doesn't like the government in Kemerovo Oblast.

So the new rumor is that the Kemorovo Premier is going to meet with Vesey over vodkas and deer bladder pies.  

There is no 8/15 deadline in the KHL.  The only deadline in KHL is when KHL kills you.

Less making stuff up, more stalking the plane please. Thank you.

Vesey camp having last minute talks with Sabres. Will likely still go to FA, but Buffalo still very much in the mix.

297 retweets299 likes

Retweet

You wanna read the BS that the Devils are going to get him because... uhh idk reasons or something?

Well not that, I meant more so actual facts, despite how small they may be. 'The Sabres are talking I Vesey again tonight' is the first bit of hockey news I've heard in probably a month

Their name still being relevant in this discussion has me worried. Every other team makes sense. So why is NJ still in consideration? Makes me suspicious.

Why? Everyone on the eastern seaboard has been mentioned to be in on him. No one has a dam clue and that is obvious by how many names are out there. Boston, Buffalo, NJD, NYR, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Toronto... sure he may talk to all those teams but I bet he really only wants to hear from 2 or 3 teams and then he's done. 

I'm calling NFW on the Devils. That arena is a half-empty morgue for 90% of the regular season.

And while the headline on that WEEI story is misleading, as the agent didn't say Vesey is leaning towards an EC team, it nevertheless makes more sense that he would choose an EC team. Both EC divisions have easier travel than the Central division does, and both revolve around an area that is much closer to home than the Central does.

In fact, it's not hard to look at the Atlantic division and conclude that Vesey is going to go to either Buffalo or Boston -- Boston because it's home, and Buffalo because it gets him away from home but not too far and still brings him to Boston and Toronto frequently, and is close to Toronto if he needs to see his dad. (And, if the family is a typical hockey snowbird family with a winter place in Florida, being in the Atlantic division gets him to Florida frequently too.)

Buffalo makes more sense than Toronto from a hockey perspective and more than Boston from a young-man-growing-up perspective. And we have a great young center who Vesey is friends with.

I'm starting to convince myself.

It could easily be Chicago, Pittsburgh or the Rangers.

How close is he with his family? How important to him will it be to play In Boston and Toronto frequently? If he's close with his family it really could tip the scales to Buffalo.

The mere act or process of debating whether a surplus third was too much to spend was one that seemed a bit like a parody of message board debate, to me.

Actually, a massive thread about a NCAA free agent probably does that trick itself.

Eh, it's the off-season. That's what's going on right now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.