Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

I suspect it's all deflection by the Agent. He has likely been told that GMTM has bigger fish to fry first and to just sit back and wait. 

But really, how complicated can the deal be, it can only be max ELC.    GMTM probably fabricated the contract before he even traded for his rights.    Should just be a matter of presenting the deal to him which could easily be done when the clock strikes noon.

Hall of Famer? Such-WEET! Git 'er done Timmy!

I still need a sarcasm emoticon.

As many predicted, the agent pronouncements have become increasingly positive.

He's coming here. It was likely when the trade was made. It is now been decided.

All that's left is the confirmation.

But really, how complicated can the deal be, it can only be max ELC.    GMTM probably fabricated the contract before he even traded for his rights.    Should just be a matter of presenting the deal to him which could easily be done when the clock strikes noon.

Maybe GMTM isn't 100% interested in Vesey if he can get a better player first? 

Take a 20 minute break and then this? Had hopes it'd be done today. Oh well. Time to move on. If he signs by development camp, great. If not, it was worth the gamble. Time to focus on FA and possible trades. 

Edited by GoPre

Man, people are taking this as bad news. To me I read this as either "We've been planning on staying here, so we'll slowly make it sound like we're pulling back from the hardline so it doesn't look like tampering" or at least  "we're softening our stance, get through day 1 and we'll talk for real. We have a month and half to work this out."

Man, people are taking this as bad news. To me I read this as either "We've been planning on staying here, so we'll slowly make it sound like we're pulling back from the hardline so it doesn't look like tampering" or at least  "we're softening our stance, get through day 1 and we'll talk for real. We have a month and half to work this out."

I still just think he was told to wait. So now we're getting Okposo supposedly. Does that change the need for Vesey? 

I still just think he was told to wait. So now we're getting Okposo supposedly. Does that change the need for Vesey? 

I don't think it changes anything.   He's a rookie out of college, he's no more than a prospect at this point until he proves otherwise.

Not really, especially if Kane is losing favor. Okposo - ROR - Ennis/McGinn/Assorted and Vesey - Eichel - R-I-N-<3 is a legit top 2 lines. Even if Kane stays, him on a third line with Girgs/Lars and Foligno is nice.

Take a 20 minute break and then this? Had hopes it'd be done today. Oh well. Time to move on. If he signs by development camp, great. If not, it was worth the gamble. Time to focus on FA and possible trades. 

I know that I've been pessimistic on this, but "near future" could mean noon today.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.