The 2016 Stanley Cup Finals

Eleven

In 2009... Bylsma stepped in from WBS to coach the Pens to the Cup, right?  Did they have key production from AHL call-ups or from trade acquisitions that year?  Their roster: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Stanley_Cup_Finals#Pittsburgh_Penguins_2

12 of the 26 players on their 2009 Cup roster were acquired in either 2008 (8) or 2009 (4).

Sharks players that haven't scored in the final: Pavelski, Couture, Thornton, Burns. Those four had 42% of San Jose's goals during season.

Series ain't over yet.

12 of the 26 players on their 2009 Cup roster were acquired in either 2008 (8) or 2009 (4).

Series ain't over yet.

I'd have to look at the players, but that could potentially be considered within the realm of regular turnover, of mainly supporting pieces, given that amounts to 46% over two seasons. An avg of 23% turnover each offseason. Not an insane amount of turnover.

The key pieces in that run from what I can remember (Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Fleury, Staal) had all been there for a few years.

Guerin and Fedotenko were reasonably important adds, as they finished 3rd and 4th in playoff team scoring. The rub is that they had 15, and 14 points respectively. Malkin had 36. Crosby had 31. They absolutely carried that team.

For reference, an add this year leads them in points, Kessel. The highest scorer this year, Couture, has 26 (the series isn't over, but he's well behind). Both Malkin and Sid had more. Kane led last year with 23.

Crosby and Malkin won them that first cup, with some help from the supporting cast. This year, it's just a team effort with multiple contributors.

I'm hoping you mean pi's avatar, because there is no hockey tonight.

Since he's in Europe, he's already in tomorrow.  I hope he's right, too.

edit---Swamp beat me to it...by an hour...rough day.

Edited by BagBoy

It's tomorrow for Huck, though, so he might be right.

I'm hoping you mean pi's avatar, because there is no hockey tonight.

Since he's in Europe, he's already in tomorrow.  I hope he's right, too.

edit---Swamp beat me to it...by an hour...rough day.

Good  points.

Still, whoever had that avatar bet with pi, please release him.  It's enough.  Signed, the rest of SS.

Good period for San Jose. Get outshot 15-7, achieving a nice 43% shooting percentage. The series isn't over if Murray was traded to the teal side between games 4 and 5. (There was 3 days in between games, plenty of time. Lots of time for him to be traded back as well, another 3 days between each of the next two as well)

In seriousness, It'll be interesting to see if he can deal with the pressure.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.