The 2016 Stanley Cup Finals

Eleven

Sharks can keep up with Pittsburgh, and might be the only team of the final 8 that have a better transition game. They also have a deeper defense corps.

Penguins have the best two players in the world (well, Malkin might not be in there anymore but still Malkin) and their third line is crushing people as well.

Tough to say who's better overall. I know I'm rooting for SJ though.

Even though Pittsburgh has home ice, early indications are they will be seen as the underdog. Don't think that will bother them, obviously they have a lot of new players but, for the ones that were there in 2009, they went into the final against Detroit as heavy underdogs then.

This will be fun. Sharks are deeper than TB and can transition with PIT. SJ in 6 tight ones.

I like this and your avatar! I was thinking if Bolts advanced it would Sharks in five. So I'm in full agreement with your assessment of Sharks in six. Every hockey fan regardless of team affiliation should be rooting for Jumbo much like when Teemu finally got his chance. All of those same people ought to be rooting against, ya Crosby. I'm sure all of us on here are.

When that video started, I thought the penguin was getting devoured. Gotta give credit where credit is due- that is one badass penguin!

In all seriousness, I am leaning Sharks, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if Pit wins. My good buddy is a huge Pittsburgh fan. Some friends are the type you like to root against to jeer them. He's not this type, so I get a kick of of his Penguins joy and his general love of hockey. Plus I'm really looking forward to seeing Team NA in the WCOH this summer, so Matt Murray's emergence has been neat.

I like this and your avatar! I was thinking if Bolts advanced it would Sharks in five. So I'm in full agreement with your assessment of Sharks in six. Every hockey fan regardless of team affiliation should be rooting for Jumbo much like when Teemu finally got his chance. All of those same people ought to be rooting against, ya Crosby. I'm sure all of us on here are.

Nope. I like Crosby, and I'm good with the Pens winning. I like SJ too (except for Couture, who comes off exceptionally cocky in interviews), so I'd be fine with them winning. I'll hope for the Pens, though.

Nope. I like Crosby, and I'm good with the Pens winning. I like SJ too (except for Couture, who comes off exceptionally cocky in interviews), so I'd be fine with them winning. I'll hope for the Pens, though.

You bastard :joking:

Nope. I like Crosby, and I'm good with the Pens w

This is like outing oneself around here! Of course you are in the Peg so the Canadian bias is expected. But if I'm not mistaken but this is a Sabres board. That guy has done a lot of damage to us and like I said, everyone here should root against Crosby and for Joe. Sharks. Sharks in five. Sharks in six. Sharks in seven. Go Sharks and Jumbo Joe. He's paid his dues, let the hockey gods reward this man.

This is like outing oneself around here! Of course you are in the Peg so the Canadian bias is expected. But if I'm not mistaken but this is a Sabres board. That guy has done a lot of damage to us and like I said, everyone here should root against Crosby and for Joe. Sharks. Sharks in five. Sharks in six. Sharks in seven. Go Sharks and Jumbo Joe. He's paid his dues, let the hockey gods reward this man.

But Crosby being successful this playoffs has nothing to do with us. And he's done far less damage to us than other players. Haven't even suffered a playoff loss to him. And it's not really because he's Canadian that I like him. I like him because he's the best in the world at what he does. There's plenty of McDavid love around here, not really any different. So no I don't believe everyone "should" root against him. Of course it's fine to do so. But I don't think it's my duty as a rabid Sabres fan to do so.

I don't really have a Canadian bias. My favourite (and only) team is American. So is my favourite player. I don't give a rats arse about any Canadian NHL teams, least of all the one that plays in my yard.

But Crosby being successful this playoffs has nothing to do with us. And he's done far less damage to us than other players. Haven't even suffered a playoff loss to him. And it's not really because he's Canadian that I like him. I like him because he's the best in the world at what he does. There's plenty of McDavid love around here, not really any different. So no I don't believe everyone "should" root against him. Of course it's fine to do so. But I don't think it's my duty as a rabid Sabres fan to do so.

I don't really have a Canadian bias. My favourite (and only) team is American. So is my favourite player. I don't give a rats arse about any Canadian NHL teams, least of all the one that plays in my yard.

I mean, I hate them both, mostly because I'm a petty sports fan and we got screwed on landing both of them. 

This made me laugh so hard. Granted I'm going on an hour and 45 minutes sleep in the last 36 hours, but I thought this was pretty funny.

Cause you think I'm full of it? :lol:

........ohhhh cause I spelled favourite with a "u" immediately after stating there's no Canadian bias? Didn't even think of that, and it's pretty genius you caught that haha

SJ please.  They should win based on Burns and Thornton's beards alone.  That's how you grow a playoff beard!!!  I also really like Pavelski.  I've always thought he was a solid player that didn't get a ton of hype.  He's proving he can get it done this year.

I guess the Pens made the right move firing Johnson and replacing with Sullivan...

I might have to go against my traditional rooting algorithm and pull for SJ.  I normally don't want any cup-less team winning before we get ours, but the Pens just bring out the SabreTooth73 in me.

I am sticking with the algorithm.

SJ please.  They should win based on Burns and Thornton's beards alone.  That's how you grow a playoff beard!!!  I also really like Pavelski.  I've always thought he was a solid player that didn't get a ton of hype.  He's proving he can get it done this year.

I guess the Pens made the right move firing Johnson and replacing with Sullivan...

Here here! Beards!

I'm honestly surprised how much I've fallen in love with SJ over the last couple of years. Despite their "choking" failures, I guess I've never watched a team that just seemed so... fun? They're just so good and goofy and a joy to watch. They have this marvelous underdog feel despite being a very strong team. I love Jumbo Joe, I love Burns, I love Pavelski. I'll be cheering hard for the Shorks this year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.