The 2016 Stanley Cup Finals

Eleven

Braun gets a Penguins defender to overcommit on a shot-blocking attempt and just shovels it over to his partner instead of firing a shot. Man in front (Zubrus?) all alone defers to Thorton (who is allergic to scoring goals) and ends up with a turnover instead of a scoring change.

National Shot-Blocking League. Is it the Rangers that started the obsessive science of shot-blocking? Whoever it was, can ###### right off.

I don't know if I believe in choking under pressure, but the Sharks have been doing it all series long.

Hey, I loved it when McKee was doing it.

National Shot-Blocking League. Is it the Rangers that started the obsessive science of shot-blocking? Whoever it was, can ###### right off.I don't know if I believe in choking under pressure, but the Sharks have been doing it all series long.

I feel like it was a Torts team.

Jones...unbelievable

Crosby gets the Conn Smythe. I'm convinced that Phil Kessel should've won that one. Crosby is the best player in the game and definitely was the best player at times in this series.

Also, the booing of Bettman is a little stale. I know every league does it, but I would've liked to hear a team getting honored more than focusing on the booing.

Edited by Hoss

How do you only get 2 shots on net in the 3rd when you're down a goal heading in?

Mind boggling.

I haven't been following, did Crosby deserve the conn Smythe?

Definitely. Kessel was worthy too, but Crosby was so important defensively as well, put up a good amount of points, and was their leader. He was their most valuable player. Look no further than today's game. Murray was good too but, didn't have that big of a workload this series.

With the Conn Smythe, Crosby has now done it all. Cements himself as best player of his generation, if he hadn't already.

That was a poor choice for Conn Smythe. Murray deserved it more than Crosby, Pillsbury more than Murray. They don't make it to the final without Pillsbury.

They don't make it without Sid, either. 3 GWG in conference finals. Edited by Thorny

Crosby gets the Conn Smythe. I'm convinced that Phil Kessel should've won that one. Crosby is the best player in the game and definitely was the best player at times in this series.

Also, the booing of Bettman is a little stale. I know every league does it, but I would've liked to hear a team getting honored more than focusing on the booing.

Fck Bettman

Kessel or Murray deserve that trophy over Crisby though

How do you only get 2 shots on net in the 3rd when you're down a goal heading in?

It really is an unacceptable stat. I don't give a if they're blocking everything. You have to find a way to get shots through. 2 shots!!! Ppppffffftttt

I'm alright with Crosby getting the Conn Smythe. I think you could say it was a genuine toss-up on who deserved it and Crosby won out for being the guy who led the team to this win not only this season, but seasons leading up to it.

Pittsburgh was just pretty damn impressive this series, and I'm far from a fan. What's the take-away? Speed? Goal-tending? Coaching? They made a heavy weight SJ team look stupid and lucky. Murray was killer in net, but their D game was very supportive. The Penguin's possession game was enviable and every line looked like a threat. What do the Sabres need to beat that?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.