The 2016 Stanley Cup Finals

Eleven

Great job by the Pens on that goal. Crosby being Crosby again. HUGE secondary assist, face off win right back to Letang. Pens deserved this game, they dominated, again.

Anyone here honestly see the Pens playing like this before the playoffs?

Have to toot my own horn here, I picked them to win the cup shortly after their coaching change.

I've been thinking about point #2 as well. Jack can skate, Evander has good speed, not much else there. Then again, I'd argue that 3 of Pittsburgh's 6 best skaters weren't there last year, so it can be fixed.

I'm really leaning on Bailey becoming an offensive force. He seemed to be able to play at speed and has a lot of physical tools. Would be huge for us if he develops into a dangerous NHL player.

Stamkos would help there. :p

A big part of the reason I'd like to see Girgensons spend some time on Eichel's wing w/ either Reinhart, Fasching, or FNG. Really feel he could be Jack's Renberg.

Agreed. But who's FNG?

Edited by Thorny

I remember it as: the sabres finally got an F'n center! Back in the days where having a first line center on the roster was a pipe dream. Now we have 3.

Ah I don't remember that. That is pretty awesome though, I like that one. 

Just some gamesmanship. Also, he's probably not wrong.

I really don't like that particular type of gamesmanship.  And if Crosby were cheating on faceoffs, his percentage would be a lot higher than 52%. 

Lost a ton of respect from me over that one.

A ton?

Man, it's the SCF. Fellas are gonna scratch, claw, beg, borrow, lie, steal to get the greatest trophy on the planet.

And if Crosby were cheating on faceoffs, his percentage would be a lot higher than 52%. 

Well, maybe not if he otherwise stunk at them.

My sense is that he's winning key face-offs because he's practicing them obsessively. The role of repetition is something for which I have a new appreciation in sports.

his success in this series has been aberrant. small sample size? or ... is he cheating and getting away with it?

Or favorable matchups on faceoffs at home?

A ton?

Man, it's the SCF. Fellas are gonna scratch, claw, beg, borrow, lie, steal to get the greatest trophy on the planet.

Ok, maybe not a ton.

his success in this series has been aberrant. small sample size? or ... is he cheating and getting away with it?

I don't believe Couture is that good on FO anyways, though Thornton is (at 53% this year). I honestly don't know if 71% is an insane percentage for a game. I do know however that it is a huge jump from his playoff average. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.