Semifinals thread

Eleven

^

Same.

My main reason: I have become tired of narratives about certain top performers (or even middling performers) being clutch, and others chokers. There may be some truth to that (Drury would make you think hard about it), but, on balance, I think it's unfair.

Thornton is a HELLUVA player, and has been for a long time. 

^

Same.

My main reason: I have become tired of narratives about certain top performers (or even middling performers) being clutch, and others chokers. There may be some truth to that (Drury would make you think hard about it), but, on balance, I think it's unfair.

Thornton is a HELLUVA player, and has been for a long time.

I'm going to unreservedly take credit for this :p

what, my clutch fatigue?

i dunno, man. i think there is something to it. i also think it gets overplayed.

I did say my credit claiming was undeserved :lol:

To me, people (see: mostly analysts) rely upon it because of some combination of it's easy (laziness, basically) and their lack of ability to look deeper for reasons for the outcome.

Edit: seriously, hockey analysts are simply the worst. Momentum, grit, leadership, heart, character...that's all they talk about. Even if you're someone who believes in all of that, can we agree there's a lot more to it than those things?

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I did say my credit claiming was undeserved :lol:

To me, people (see: mostly analysts) rely upon it because of some combination of it's easy (laziness, basically) and their lack of ability to look deeper for reasons for the outcome.

Edit: seriously, hockey analysts are simply the worst. Momentum, grit, leadership, heart, character...that's all they talk about. Even if you're someone who believes in all of that, can we agree there's a lot more to it than those things?

my man. have you watched an NFL football game on CBS?

No Stamkos tonight for game 7. At this point, regardless of what the team and players say, do they really want him back? Great player for sure but in game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals when he hasn't played at all in the playoffs. Idk, IMO it would mess with the chemistry that got you this far.

I'd politely tell him to rest and heal up.

No Stamkos tonight for game 7. At this point, regardless of what the team and players say, do they really want him back? Great player for sure but in game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals when he hasn't played at all in the playoffs. Idk, IMO it would mess with the chemistry that got you this far.

I'd politely tell him to rest and heal up.

This has been the worst case scenario for him and his agent. His value has taken a huge hit with TB's run

I think this run only lowers is value for Tampa, not for everyone else. I still think he gets an obscene contract

Very true, I wasn't specific enough in my post. 

Does it make it more or less likely that he returns to TB now? Does he view them as someone he can with with, or somewhere where he won't get paid as much?

Very true, I wasn't specific enough in my post. 

Does it make it more or less likely that he returns to TB now? Does he view them as someone he can with with, or somewhere where he won't get paid as much?

I think he's gone and his next destination won't be expected. TB knows it can win without him is why IMO

"Hockey" must be the greatest product mankind has ever contrived to market and sell. You see, it continues to withstand the dumbest management in the history of free enterprise. I can think of the demand for only food and shelter surviving were their delivery as mismanaged as NHL hockey's is mismanaged.

http://deadspin.com/the-nhl-threatened-to-fine-the-lightning-if-they-didnt-1778925655

Tampa, you know, that traditional hockey market, is sending thousands to gather in the square, party, and watch it's team. "Not so fast, there, boys ....".

PS ... PM me if you're too young to remember free enterprise. icrackmeup

"Hockey" must be the greatest product mankind has ever contrived to market and sell. You see, it continues to withstand the dumbest management in the history of free enterprise. I can think of the demand for only food and shelter surviving were their delivery as mismanaged as NHL hockey's is mismanaged.

http://deadspin.com/the-nhl-threatened-to-fine-the-lightning-if-they-didnt-1778925655

Tampa, you know, that traditional hockey market, is sending thousands to gather in the square, party, and watch it's team. "Not so fast, there, boys ....".

PS ... PM me if you're too young to remember free enterprise. icrackmeup

:lol:

We've missed you around here lately.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.