Semifinals thread

Eleven

Moulson, Matt.

He doesn't drag Legwand and D-Lo down. Talk to me when he gets the ice time and situations Kunitz does. What Kunitz is doing is as if Moulson spends the next three entire seasons on Jack's wing no matter how bad he looks, no matter how good the team is, including deep into playoff runs. This Pens fan I know actually pulled some of his hair out this year, because of his exasperation towards Kunitz.

And then hearing the nbc crew drool all over him after that goal. I wanted to vomit.

He doesn't drag Legwand and D-Lo down. Talk to me when he gets the ice time and situations Kunitz does. What Kunitz is doing is as if Moulson spends the next three entire seasons on Jack's wing no matter how bad he looks, no matter how good the team is, including deep into playoff runs. This Pens fan I know actually pulled some of his hair out this year, because of his exasperation towards Kunitz.

And then hearing the nbc crew drool all over him after that goal. I wanted to vomit.

Fair point, they're three intertwined anchors that would just as easily sink on their own.

When he's a UFA in a year, he will get paid.  Geez, you're all over this.  Are you due maintenance payments or something?Fleury in net.  I suspect the Pens will regret this.

Good call. Whoever made that decision should be immediately fired. Fleury is terrible, might cost them the series.

This guy needs to get pulled, now. His demons are back.

The only time the Pens have had success in the playoffs since their last Cup win, is when Fleury's backup is in net. Those last two goals weren't necessarily his fault but he looked real shaky, and he's a headcase. 

They'd be stupid to play him any more this year. 

The only time the Pens have had success in the playoffs since their last Cup win, is when Fleury's backup is in net. Those last two goals weren't necessarily his fault but he looked real shaky, and he's a headcase.

They'd be stupid to play him any more this year.

In his defense, he hasn't exactly played much hockey recently. Of course, that's probably another reason not to start him...

In his defense, he hasn't exactly played much hockey recently. Of course, that's probably another reason not to start him...

Exactly, you can't really "blame" him in the sense that, if he's bad in the playoffs, he's bad in the playoffs, since 09 he's pretty much established that as the standard, it's who he is. The person expecting more from him and putting him in these situations where he's going to hurt his team is probably the one at fault.

The tying goal was the killer. It was a terrible rebound to give up, directly to Kucherov.

I just find it really odd. TB loses the guy we've been debating for months about, and still has the same success. The guy responsible for that success is Hedman (along with their depth), and yet nobody is rushing to court him. Why not take a run at him for $8-9m a year? He's worth it

Because he's still under contract for next year! How are you missing this?  It's not like you.

He will have plenty of suitors next summer if Tampa doesn't lock him up.  I promise.  No one is ignoring him; he just isn't available.

Good call. Whoever made that decision should be immediately fired. Fleury is terrible, might cost them the series.

This guy needs to get pulled, now. His demons are back.

Yep.

Eleven I get that he's not a UFA this year :lol:

IMO he will not get chased like Stamkos has been next year, or like Tavares will be. Just like Karlsson wasn't and neither was many other FA superstar d-men. There's this mentality that superstar forwards can command top dollar contracts, and no matter what the same impactful d-man will always fetch a few million less.

IMO he will not get chased like Stamkos has been next year, or like Tavares will be. Just like Karlsson wasn't and neither was many other FA superstar d-men. There's this mentality that superstar forwards can command top dollar contracts, and no matter what the same impactful d-man will always fetch a few million less.

I disagree. If Hedman were to hit the market, every single team would want him bad. That isn't the case for Stamkos. If Karlsson doesn't re-sign, I also think he will create more buzz.

Superstar D men never make free agency. Ever.

But they rarely ever squeeze their teams for the big bucks either.

Subban did it. Can't think of anyone else.

I disagree. If Hedman were to hit the market, every single team would want him bad. That isn't the case for Stamkos. If Karlsson doesn't re-sign, I also think he will create more buzz.

Every team will want him, sure. But have you ever heard of a rumor where a d-man is going to get the next max deal? He'll get paid as the highest d-man ever, but not the highest player.

I wonder why that is? (not sarcasm)

Nashville kept nickel and diming Shea Weber until he signed the offer sheet from Philly. They matched it and that was that. The last big FA defenseman to actually move was Sutter I believe.

Edited by Drunkard

Chara hit free agency and signed what I believe was then the biggest contract ever for a defenseman.

I think he'll have more suitors than Stamkos, assuming he doesn't re-up with Tampa.  But good to see that you haven't gone mental.  I was worried.

Edited by Eleven

Every team will want him, sure. But have you ever heard of a rumor where a d-man is going to get the next max deal? He'll get paid as the highest d-man ever, but not the highest player.

I wonder why that is? (not sarcasm)

No because defensemen of Hedman's caliber NEVER are let near the market. If they were, they would, and if he does, he will, but he won't come close to being a UFA.

Karlsson is not happy with ownership and I'd be comfortable betting that if he hits free agency he signs the largest contract given under the current CBA format, including Toews, Kane, Stamkos etc

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.