Semifinals thread

Eleven

Looks like I may be wrong about writing TB off so quickly.

Serious question, when do we start paying blue liners like forwards? Why doesn't Hedman get the $10m contract Stamkos wants? Or Keith, Doughty, Karlsson, get paid like the high end forwards do? It's a pretty established fact that they're much more instrumental in a team's success, and yet they will never come close to superstar forward money. It's a shame, and a well perpetrated one by the GM's. Bravo

It has to be a sick feeling as a goalie to make an absolute circus save, only have the rest of your team stand still and watch the rebound get put in. Instead of, you know, trying to do something about it.

helpless

Fabbri got rocked damn

Whoa what a play at the San Jose goalmouth

After 1 the Blues look like they came to play tonight. They're the better team so far.

Looks like I may be wrong about writing TB off so quickly.

Serious question, when do we start paying blue liners like forwards? Why doesn't Hedman get the $10m contract Stamkos wants? Or Keith, Doughty, Karlsson, get paid like the high end forwards do? It's a pretty established fact that they're much more instrumental in a team's success, and yet they will never come close to superstar forward money. It's a shame, and a well perpetrated one by the GM's. Bravo

Chara, Seabrook, Letang, Doughty, Pietrangelo...

Hedman is on a bridge contract.  He'll get paid.

Fleury in, Daley out for the rest of the playoffs (broken ankle)

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15662039/marc-andre-fleury-start-game-5-pittsburgh-penguins-trevor-daley-ruled-playoffs-broken-ankle

Chara, Seabrook, Letang, Doughty, Pietrangelo...

Hedman is on a bridge contract.  He'll get paid.

He'll get paid, but not like he should. He should get more than Stamkos

Fleury in, Daley out for the rest of the playoffs (broken ankle)

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15662039/marc-andre-fleury-start-game-5-pittsburgh-penguins-trevor-daley-ruled-playoffs-broken-ankle

He'll get paid, but not like he should. He should get more than Stamkos

He shouldn't get more than Stamkos.  Put your head in some cold water or something.

I think he means much more to that team than Stamkos does. He's younger as well, and without injury history.

When he's a UFA in a year, he will get paid.  Geez, you're all over this.  Are you due maintenance payments or something?

Fleury in net.  I suspect the Pens will regret this.

I just came here to say this

I guess we'll see.  I have the Pens going all the way in my stupid bracket, so I guess I have to root for the spaz.  If the Pens are undervaluing Murray, I'd gladly see the Sabres give up Pysyk and a pick or two for him.  Might even make the Barasso trade seem even.

When he's a UFA in a year, he will get paid. Geez, you're all over this. Are you due maintenance payments or something?

Fleury in net. I suspect the Pens will regret this.

I just find it really odd. TB loses the guy we've been debating for months about, and still has the same success. The guy responsible for that success is Hedman (along with their depth), and yet nobody is rushing to court him. Why not take a run at him for $8-9m a year? He's worth it

He shouldn't get more than Stamkos.  Put your head in some cold water or something.

You're wrong! I said it, it must be true.

I just find it really odd. TB loses the guy we've been debating for months about, and still has the same success. The guy responsible for that success is Hedman (along with their depth), and yet nobody is rushing to court him. Why not take a run at him for $8-9m a year? He's worth it

I definitely think Hedman gets the P.K. Subban special. I also think his pending free agency is why Yzerman's offer to Stamkos was only $8.5 million.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.