Huckleberry in Brussels, please check in

PASabreFan

Huckleberry is our buddy in Brussels who works in the cargo area at the airport that was attacked today. He hasn't signed in here since Sunday.

Our thoughts are with him, his airport, his country and everyone affected.

Let us know you're OK when you get a chance!

hah thanks guys, I'm good :D

Airport is closed for now, cargo side slowly opening up again so probably going to work tonight.

No one from my town got hurt surprisingly seeing how many work at the airport.

Knew this was bound to happen soon.   From the moment the lawyer from the Paris terrorist we caught told media his client would start talking.

My Immediate thought was, well now his buddies will speed things up :(

Edited by Huckleberry

Knew this was bound to happen soon.   From the moment the lawyer from the Paris terrorist we caught told media his client would start talking.

Glad to hear you're well.

Maybe this goes back in the "politics of terrorism" thread, but can you explain a bit what the above means?

hah thanks guys, I'm good :D

Airport is closed for now, cargo side slowly opening up again so probably going to work tonight.

No one from my town got hurt surprisingly seeing how many work at the airport.

Good to hear it.

A bit off topic, but what was with the "Gwar has toned down" joke? 

I got it. Sort of. But I sensed I was missing it.

Huckleberry, glad to hear you're OK.

Joke: unless there's been a string in addition to what I wrote, it's just a joke. For some reason, all the puppets made me think of GWAR, and the idea that GWAR would become some sort of family-friendly act made me chuckle. You know what they say when you have to explain a joke... :)

Huckleberry, glad to hear you're OK.

Joke: unless there's been a string in addition to what I wrote, it's just a joke. For some reason, all the puppets made me think of GWAR, and the idea that GWAR would become some sort of family-friendly act made me chuckle. You know what they say when you have to explain a joke... :)

Oh, Cheesus Crisps. I just Google imaged those dudes. I hadn't realized what their shtick was.

Glad to hear you're well.

Maybe this goes back in the "politics of terrorism" thread, but can you explain a bit what the above means?

Well the last terrorist from Paris was caught a couple of days ago.   His lawyer who is a bit of an attention ###### when it comes to media started saying his client wanted to share info about IS in Europe.

This probably triggered them into bombing faster than they normally would have , also leaving our security forces with no way to respond in time.

Mind you though, this is just my opinion on this, not the opinion stated by anyone in the media or our government.

Actually told my friends yesterday that I was expecting something to happen this week already :(

Oh well seems the entire airport is on lock down until tomorrow morning, so don't have to go to work tonight.   

On top of that I learned one of our supervisors, died yesterday from a heart attack.     This is going to be one hell of  a complaint thursday thread next time :(

Edited by Huckleberry

Good to know you are safe.

I'll say this.  I was watching CNN in the hotel yesterday morning and they were highlighting the people exciting the subway area and how calm they were and pointing to at least one lady who appeared to be helping keep everything orderly.

For me that was an amazing sight and a testament to the people.  

Good to know you are safe.

I'll say this.  I was watching CNN in the hotel yesterday morning and they were highlighting the people exciting the subway area and how calm they were and pointing to at least one lady who appeared to be helping keep everything orderly.

For me that was an amazing sight and a testament to the people.  

I often find that people in those situations come together pretty well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.