Steven Stamkos stays in Tampa Bay, 8.5mil x 8yrs

LGR4GM

Stamkos' show me the money poll  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How much $$$$$ will Stamkos get per year?

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more
  2. 2. How much $$$$$ would YOU pay Stamkos per year? It is safe to assume he gets max deal of 7 years.

• $8 - 9.9million
    • $10 - 10.9million
    • $11 - 11.9million
    • $12mil or more

I think the '02 Red Wings had a bunch of UFAs. Brett Hull comes to mind. Not so recent, but they were an amazing team. 

Hossa is a good exammple. As is Chara and Niedermayer.

So it does happen.

Pre-modern era so this example is out

Niedermayer is someone you could argue helped the Ducks win it all.

Pre-modern era so this example is out

Niedermayer is someone you could argue helped the Ducks win it all.

And certainly Chara. Hossa too obviously, though as pointed out he was a bit of a special case. 

Pre-buyers-remourse.

Ya, I'm staying all in on Stamkos, and when we don't get him, I'm going to be disappointed. I won't try and rationalize it at that time. I recognize the "plus side" of not signing him, of course, but my disappointment will remain. 

Well what about Stamkos being the spokesperson for New Era and Independent Health? yea, that's right Toronto we see your tires and raise you healthcare management.

"Steven Stamkos here for The Original Pizza Log. There's only one..."

steve simmonsVerified account ‏@simmonssteve 34m34 minutes ago

SOURCES: Maple Leafs met with Steven Stamkos at MLSE headquarters Tuesday. Also present: Toronto Mayor John Tory and CEO of Canadian Tire.

Too bad Rob Ford isn't still around. Im sure he could have shown Stammer a good time.

steve simmonsVerified account ‏@simmonssteve 34m34 minutes ago

SOURCES: Maple Leafs met with Steven Stamkos at MLSE headquarters Tuesday. Also present: Toronto Mayor John Tory and CEO of Canadian Tire.

Umm. Illegal.

Simmons deleted the tweet already. OMFG can it just be Friday already...

Edited to add: no he didn't delete it, he blocked me on Twitter... Oh man... I have to figure out why...

Edited by Sabres79

Admit it; your real problem with megathreads is that you want more punchbowls to piss in.

Let's leave Dodo out of this for God's sake.

ROTFLMAO

how does one become a complete buttwipe like this. DO you practice or does it come naturally

I think this post time-traveled from 1996.

But, yes, it's a finely-honed craft. Years and years of practice.

It's still there.

Umm. Illegal.

Ha. Toronto all along with Buffalo as leverage. Seeing as how Murray wouldn't table an offer he wasn't willing to pay, in case it was accepted, we weren't in it to drive up the price. Let's hope they were well aware this would likely happen, I doubt they would be caught off guard like the Babcock situation, at least I hope not. The old "fool me once", as it were. 

I'd honestly rather we not play the leverage role in the future. 

Yes, I am jumping the gun here, but Stamkos to Toronto seems almost assured. 

A "perfect rebuild", is the headline  :wallbash:

Yes, I'm sour. 

Ha. Toronto all along with Buffalo as leverage. Seeing as how Murray wouldn't table an offer he wasn't willing to pay, in case it was accepted, we weren't in it to drive up the price. Let's hope they were well aware this would likely happen, I doubt they would be caught off guard like the Babcock situation, at least I hope not. The old "fool me once", as it were. 

I'd honestly rather we not play the leverage role in the future. 

Yes, I am jumping the gun here, but Stamkos to Toronto seems almost assured. 

A "perfect rebuild", is the headline  :wallbash:

Yes, I'm sour. 

You won't be sour when we beat them 3 out of 4 times in the regular season and then sweep them in the first round of the playoffs...

You won't be sour when we beat them 3 out of 4 times in the regular season and then sweep them in the first round of the playoffs...

That is true. But I at this point can't remove myself from my position that Stamkos is a hugely beneficial add, therefore I currently see that scenario, in regards to next season, as unlikely. 

stop tweeting him dick pics  <_<

I've never tweeted him anything. I found a tweet I replied to from May (in which he was named but not tagged) making fun of him. I said something about hard-hitting hotdog related journalism. Has to be it. Bit touchy...

If it's true that MLSE facilitated a meeting between a potential sponsor and a UFA during contract negotiations, I can see the league coming down hard on them. Even as far as "you can't sign him, contract void."

How can that even be remotely legal under the CBA?    

The Mayor and CEO of Canadian Tire part?

Cap circumvention. Sure, he can meet up with them after a contract is signed but not before. That would just be stupid. Though take a look at the wording on the tweet, "he met with Leafs" "present were tire guys" Present could mean they winked at him in the lobby.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.