The Pi Thread

MattPie

So Pi day is Monday, and even though PA has told everyone, "let them eat cake", I think I'm going to bake this weekend. What is everyone else making? I'm debating making my "usual" Maple Sweet Potato Pie, Key Lime, or something new.

Edited by MattPie

Senior year of high school, I memorized 483 digits of pi in order to eclipse the school record and get my name on a plaque.  The following year, I was hit by truck on Pi Day during a run while a freshman in college.

I agree with pizza.  With banana peppers.

Senior year of high school, I memorized 483 digits of pi in order to eclipse the school record and get my name on a plaque. The following year, I was hit by truck on Pi Day during a run while a freshman in college.

I agree with pizza. With banana peppers.

That's pretty impressive, I couldn't remember 10 at this point.

Senior year of high school, I memorized 483 digits of pi in order to eclipse the school record and get my name on a plaque.  The following year, I was hit by truck on Pi Day during a run while a freshman in college.

I agree with pizza.  With banana peppers.

This post took an odd turn about halfway through.

Pumpkin Pie is best sweet pie

Can we include meat pies? Gotta hit up Parkers again soon...

Chicken Pot Pie.

Yes to both of these.

I'm going to throw a vote in for Filipino egg pie. A co-worker used to make this for our shift and I would ask for a whole one for myself because I liked it so much. 

http://www.pinaycookingcorner.com/2011/09/filipino-classic-egg-pie.html

Shoofly pie

I've honestly never had it. I just really want to. 

Shoofly is an Amish thing around here, it's OK but sickly sweet to my taste buds. I'd describe it as pecan pie without the pecans (so moslty a gooey molassass-like pie) with some sort of powder topping. If I had to guess the topping is flour and maybe a little light brown sugar.

Shoofly is an Amish thing around here, it's OK but sickly sweet to my taste buds. I'd describe it as pecan pie without the pecans (so moslty a gooey molassass-like pie) with some sort of powder topping. If I had to guess the topping is flour and maybe a little light brown sugar.

I think the rub with it is that it looks good. It looks like it should be delicious. But is it? Maybe not so much. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.