GDT: Calgary @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 3-3-2016

WildCard

I'm debating picking up some cheap seats to the Saturday Game, so far no one to join me, and I don't wanna be drunk and alone..... And then getting booted for yelling profanities and baby eating (visitors of course)

Tonight was a gun game, NHL watch this game over and over, then replicate

I'm debating picking up some cheap seats to the Saturday Game, so far no one to join me, and I don't wanna be drunk and alone..... And then getting booted for yelling profanities and baby eating (visitors of course)

Tonight was a gun game, NHL watch this game over and over, then replicate

This is why they put the metal detectors in the arena I guess. Turns out it was a needed security thing after all.

Fun game after the first, which is when I picked it up. Some thoughts:

On Foligno: told you so.

On Larrson: he has taken to his role very well. Really enjoying his play as of late and he earned that goal.

On Gionta: he's still where possession goes to die, but he did have a good game.

On Risto: welcome back.

On Samson: one of the most heady hockey players I have watched.

On Jack: great goal, but his post game interview was very interesting. I think TBPhD pointed this out, but his natural leadership is starting to show in these interviews, and it's very welcome.

On McCabe: like Foligno, I believe many folks here still under rate him. I think he's slowly heading toward almost-a-D-stud territory.

On Pysyk: saw some physical from him tonight that I liked. I think he gets traded, but maybe shouldn't.

On the game: if more games were like this, I think we'd all be getting along better.

On carrot cake: love it, with raisains and cream cheese frosting. That was, in fact, the topper of our wedding cake (and we didn't leave any to freeze).

Foligno has 1 highlight reel goal and it's 'I told you so'? :P

Funny, ha ha, it is to laugh. I have been backing up Foligno all season. I wanted him gone prior to the start of this season, but I think he's really stepped up and become a likable third line guy.

Funny, ha ha, it is to laugh. I have been backing up Foligno all season. I wanted him gone prior to the start of this season, but I think he's really stepped up and become a likable third line guy.

I can agree he's a 3rd/4th line guy. I have no dreams of grandeur for him above that though

I can agree he's a 3rd/4th line guy. I have no dreams of grandeur for him above that though

The thing is:  All great teams have very good 3rd/4th lines.  Depth scoring is important.  Jack and ROR aren't going to light the lamp every night.  The fact that we got goals from Marcus, Nicky and Johan is wildly significant.  If they don't score, we don't win (I mean over the long haul).  You need a combination of speed, finesse and grit on every line, or else that line will either get pushed around or simply won't be a threat.  I don't care if SabreSpace believes in Foligno (or Larsson or Deslaurier); I want those guys to believe in themselves. 

While we look forward to adding pieces, I still look at the pieces we have to develop and gel.  Tonight's game really was won because our grinders found a scoring touch.  Larsson, as has been mentioned, is becoming accustomed to his (increasingly important) niche on the team.  When scoring comes from unexpected places, it loosens the whole team up.  Part of Jack's problem, I think, is that he internally takes on too much and holds his stick a little too tightly as a result.  He needs to play without the pressure of being the team's star and then paradoxically he will become the team's star.  Support and depth is the key.

It's great to see all the Foligno love tonight.

He's 200 games into his career.

What we've seen in the past couple months is what we are going to get for the next six years.

He's not a stud, just a very useful 3rd liner.

The most important question is which one of you guys is the bearded dude in the royal blue college logo thirds who is always sitting behind Bylsma? There's no way that guy isn't on Sabrespace. Yuri?

Edited by dudacek

One of the most fun games of the year, and we hit ~10 pages.

I wonder whether this is a corollary to what the radio guys say: Phone lines are quieter after a win.

Only 3 pages pre-game, IIRC.  The chatter didn't become general until the game got entertaining.  Demoralizing loss the game before = low post count.

It's great to see all the Foligno love tonight.

He's 200 games into his career.

What we've seen in the past couple months is what we are going to get for the next six years.

He's not a stud, just a very useful 3rd liner.

The most important question is which one of you guys is the bearded dude in the royal blue college logo thirds who is always sitting behind Bylsma? There's no way that guy isn't on Sabrespace. Yuri?

Agreed, useful third liner.

Jack's post game interview

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/jack-eichel-postgame-3316/t-277437090/c-42137903

Also... is Larry, Larson? Moose, Foligno? And D-Low, Deslauriers?

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.