GDT: Buffalo @ Philadelphia, 7:00 pm est, 2-11-2016

WildCard

I really don't think it's character, I think it's talent and DD

I was referring to the amount of characters I would have to type to be able to adequately list and describe all the negatives about tonight's game.

And I agree, we have a dearth of talent.

GO SABRES!!!

Hey Koziol, Bettman has nobody to blame but himself for hits like this. He wanted to take hitting and fighting out of the game so most cheap shots go without having somebody being held accountable, not to mention a fear of an instigator penalty. Something like that wouldn't have happened with John Scott on the team.

Gudas should of had to fight Kane, not get to wussy away to the dressing room.

The Sabres played like butter knives, I guess without at least 1 of Larsson/Girgs the team can't play 5v5 with any consistency. (BUFFALO BUTTER KNIVES)

Goober, SAY SOMETHING!! For God's sake man, show so ###### emotion!

I was a big supporter of Goober in the beginning, I'm starting to lose confidence in him going forward.

I agree 100% and I'm in the same boat. His lack of emotion makes me feel both angry and sad. He was a player for Christ's sake, where is his inner fire!

Who is Goober??

"He was known as a cerebral and stoic coach of a Stanley Cup winner and 2014 U.S. Olympic team. He was a television commentator during the World Junior Championships and an assistant coach in the world championships. He was a fourth-line winger, a grinder, who his teammates called “Disco Dan” during his NHL playing days.

But who is Dan Bylsma and where did he come from?

The answers can be found in the Davis’ backyard on the outskirts of Coast Guard City, USA, a moniker proudly engraved on a sign welcoming visitors into Grand Haven. It’s here Bylsma spent his childhood trying to keep up with his older brothers, who along with close friends knew him simply as “Goober.”

Who in the 1970s and ’80s knew that Goober, which has been Bylsma’s nickname since he wore diapers, would be the most accomplished sports figure ever to emerge from Grand Haven? Not him."

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/08/21/backyard-to-big-time-how-hard-work-drove-dan-bylsma-to-nhl-success/

Gudas should of had to fight Kane, not get to wussy away to the dressing room.

The Sabres played like butter knives, I guess without at least 1 of Larsson/Girgs the team can't play 5v5 with any consistency. (BUFFALO BUTTER KNIVES)

I agree 100% and I'm in the same boat. His lack of emotion makes me feel both angry and sad. He was a player for Christ's sake, where is his inner fire!

I've always said that there is a fine line between being too emotional and not being emotional enough. Roy and Torts take it too far. Goober doesn't take it far enough. At some point you need to say something controversial, at some point you need to confront the officials and give them a piece or your mind.

I'm not one to post about lack of effort, but that was the worst try I have seen from the Sabres all year.

The Flyers were almost as lethargic. It looked like an ECHL exhibition game out there.

Lehner was god-awful. Easily the worst performance by a Sabre goalie this year.

Think I'm going to give more weight to his first six games than his past two though.

Bailey looked like the type of player this team needs, but it's hard to pass judgement in such a tire fire.

Gudas can suck a bag of ######.

Edited by dudacek

I'm not one to post about lack of effort, but that was the worst try I have seen from the Sabres all year.

The Flyers were almost as lethargic. It looked like an ECHL exhibition game out there.

Lehner was god-awful. Easily the worst performance by a Sabre goalie this year.

Think I'm going to give more weight to his first six games than his past two though.

Bailey looked like the type of player this team needs, but it's hard to pass judgement in such a tire fire.

Gudas can suck a bag of ######.

I'm in the same boat, and the seeming lack of effort was what disappointed me today, too.

Justin Bailey was freaking fantastic in his debut.

Eichel is out of gas; the NHL schedule is catching up to him.

Lehner is still rattled from Marchant's penalty shot goal.

We are nicely poised for a big time sell off at the deadline and then a month or so of garbage...for a really, really high draft pick.

I'm in.

Observations:

The worst effort of the year from this team

Bailey had a nice debut, speed and power on display but he's not ready yet to be in the NHL

Reinhart is not ready yet to be a NHL center. He looks capable at wing but he doesn't look physically ready yet to be a center in this league, hopefully it comes, if not he'll be a very capable winger. His defense was awful the past 2 games and he doesn't have the speed to make up for his mistakes

Gudas is a goon. 2 nothing short of goonish hits, almost purposeful to injure the players he took out. Just no place for that kind of action. If the league is really going to try and limit the fighting they HAVE to punish this kind of play

To showcase the lack of depth on this team, who could have possibly imagined we would have missed 2 players with a combined 7 goals for the year so far as much as this team missed Larrson and Girgensons.When Deslauriers is in your top 6, you know your in trouble.

Priority #1 next year, get Eichel some wingers to play with, he's still making rookie mistakes in positioning but his strengths as a player gets minimized playing with the guys he's getting teamed with.

Lehner has been nothing short of atrocious these past 2 games. 3 goals in this game alone that should never have seen the back of the net. This game was uglier than it normally would have been because of his play. You could sense the players had no confidence in him.

If this continues, the Sabres are going to have to overpay alot to get some quality UFA's to come here next year.

I just don't get it. How do you not learn?

I am not good at predicting DoPS results. That said, I think Gudas is dealt with sternly. Only 9 weeks ago ...

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=890453&lang=en

I was wondering if Gudas would be treated as a repeat offender.  I figured there was no way he isn't on the league radar, but I didn't recall hearing of a prior suspension.  Good to know that he's got repeat offender status if he's suspended here.

Hell, he ought to get repeater stauts for the two intents to injure in this game.

I just don't get it. How do you not learn?

I am not good at predicting DoPS results. That said, I think Gudas is dealt with sternly. Only 9 weeks ago ...

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=890453&lang=en

with his newly-aqcuired past historry, he should get at least 5 games. I wanted to see Lehner go after him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.