OT - Promotion Available

inkman

Interview over, taking the weekend to mull over my options. Pretty sure they will offer me the job.

Just remember, now that the pizzeria relocated, you'd be my delivery boy. :p

(Guess we know he's taking the job. ;))

Similar to what someone said above, just because you're pretty sure you wouldn't like the job/culture doesn't mean you necessarily won't like it. Someone close to me had a chance to change to a company but had heard enough bad stuff about it that the offer was turned down. A couple of years later a similar position was offered & this time accepted. Turns out, the company, culture, & position were much better than the grapevine had indicated. Should've made the switch at the 1st opportunity.

And, as always; DISCLAIMER: Individual results may vary & past performance is no guarantee of future retutrns. ;)

Good luck w/ whichever way it works out. :beer:

Primary Docs initially resisted it, but the insurance companies really pushed hard for us. Their thought was having a doc in house meant that patients can be seen multiple times per day as needed and it allows for patients to be discharged in afternoon if there testing is done, rather then waiting until the morning. Basically it's a cost saving measure for them.

Primaries like having their weekends free and no calls from the hospital at night.

Damn hospitalists, running A muck of BGH ;)

After talking it over with my wife, I've decided to stay where I'm at. Finances are going to be tight for a while but the freedom and availability I have for my 18 month old is immeasurable.

Mmmmm, pizza. :p

I'm sure you'll get additional chances for this sort of promotion. Definitely hope it works out.

After talking it over with my wife, I've decided to stay where I'm at. Finances are going to be tight for a while but the freedom and availability I have for my 18 month old is immeasurable.

You are a thoughtful man with a complete sense of priorities. Your family will see that. Good for all of you.

Sounds like you really thought it over and made a wise decision.

Indeed. It really is a good opportunity but the cost would be too great. I feel really comfortable with the decision. In 3 years when Cody is in preschool, I can pursue other positons.

Ink, you cannot get this time back with your son, excellent decision. 

Damn hospitalists, running A muck of BGH ;)

Not anymore  :w00t:

So they promoted the QA supervisor from within. I can tell you 3 things.

1) She has no idea what she is getting into. Going from Supervisor to manager is like going from Beer league to the NHL.

2) She respected by no one. She's been in the field for a minimal amount of time and in her current role loss than a year. They have veteren employees that have been working in the biz 20+ years.

3) She's an undepaid puppet for her boss. I know her boss well, a former director demoted to plant manager. She will be bullied into every decision that's good for him.

I am pretty shocked by the announcement. She isn't respected or liked and barely has any experience. I fear for the future of their businnes with her running quality. She doesn't understand the depth of her decisions. I'm predicting a bad one leads to hear dismissal with 6 months.

Personally, I'm not jealous. Good luck to her working 70 hour weeks, getting calls every night and being stressed 24/7.

1) She has no idea what she is getting into. Going from Supervisor to manager is like going from Beer league to the NHL.

2) She respected by no one. She's been in the field for a minimal amount of time and in her current role loss than a year. They have veteren employees that have been working in the biz 20+ years.

3) She's an undepaid puppet for her boss. I know her boss well, a former director demoted to plant manager. She will be bullied into every decision that's good for him.

I am pretty shocked by the announcement. She isn't respected or liked and barely has any experience. I fear for the future of their businnes with her running quality. She doesn't understand the depth of her decisions. I'm predicting a bad one leads to hear dismissal with 6 months.

Personally, I'm not jealous. Good luck to her working 70 hour weeks, getting calls every night and being stressed 24/7.

If she's as naive (being nice here) as made out, she probably won't feel the stress. Though her tenure likely will be short. So bright side, if you do end up regretting your decision, you may get another bite at this apple. ;)

I hate my job, but I'm only here for 40 hours a week, make good money, and I have the weekends off to go see my girlfriend in Toronto. That being said, when she moves here later this year I'll be finding a new job immediately. It works for me right now because I have consistent days off to go see her there. But working at this place sometimes makes me want to blow my brains out sometimes.

I believe it was Aristotle who suggested the ultimate end of all human pursuits is happiness.

If the new job with pay raise would have robbed you of happiness, the extra cash would not have mattered.

Ultimately, nothing matters other than happiness. 

I think you made a good call on this one.

I hate my job, but I'm only here for 40 hours a week, make good money, and I have the weekends off to go see my girlfriend in Toronto. That being said, when she moves here later this year I'll be finding a new job immediately. It works for me right now because I have consistent days off to go see her there. But working at this place sometimes makes me want to blow my brains out sometimes.

What do you do?

Is it who I think it is?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.