Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

I don't think one has much to do with the other. Scouts are going to scrutinize his mechanics, whether he can play in a pro offense.

I don't know. While I think you are right, I think that most teams in the top 10 that consider drafting him will also put too much emphasis on his marketability in terms of putting butts in seats and making the team money over winning.

I don't know. While I think you are right, I think that most teams in the top 10 that consider drafting him will also put too much emphasis on his marketability in terms of putting butts in seats and making the team money over winning.

Really?

I don't get the sense that this is a rampant thing in the NFL.

And, yes - I recall the matter of Russ Brandon signing TO. But, when it comes to drafting, it seems like team's FO's are a pretty calculating bunch. Mind you - they may calculate entirely incorrectly, but I have not gotten the sense that they make #businessdecisions at the draft table.

Really?

I don't get the sense that this is a rampant thing in the NFL.

And, yes - I recall the matter of Russ Brandon signing TO. But, when it comes to drafting, it seems like team's FO's are a pretty calculating bunch. Mind you - they may calculate entirely incorrectly, but I have not gotten the sense that they make #businessdecisions at the draft table.

While he wasn't a top 10 pick, me thinks Johnny football was a business decision.

Anyways, it's a moot point. 5 out of the top 9 teams need qb's. He's going top 10.

I don't see how.

As I explained, it could be done so it doesn't leave Taylor thinking he's done a bad job, or on the outs.   FFS,  Dallas benched Dak Prescott in the final, meaningless game.  Prescott didn't end up feeling his future with the team was in doubt.  And Taylor has some health concerns too that make benching him reasonable.        

It could have been done in a way that he didn't feel bad about his future with the team.  IF the team decided to part ways in future months with Taylor, that should be a separate issue.  

Mismanagement/mishandling of simple things seems to be a hallmark of this team. 

Edited by Jsixspd

The bills will make a decision in a coach, hire them and then try to hire a football ops guy to oversee things.

That's the complete and total ass backwards way to do it, so you are probably right. One of the most important decisions that a football guru has is to set the tone/culture/plan for the organization followed by who to bring in as GM and Head Coach so it makes perfect sense for Pegula/Brandon to choose the coach with their collective genius and then bring in a football ops guy after the most important decisions (GM, Head Coach) are already made for him. Ready, fire, aim.

Edited by Drunkard

Hasnt Watson had Hopkins, Watkins, and noe Williams as WRs? I watched the game last night, a ton of those big throws were just great plays by the receivers.

Count me in with True, Kizer or Tyrod

I'm not sure Watson overlapped with Watkins. Wasn't that more Taj Boyd (sp)?

Based on what I've read from the serious-minded types, Watson will most likely be something of a project at the NFL level.

Then again, Dak Prescott lasted until Rd 4.

The bills will make a decision in a coach, hire them and then try to hire a football ops guy to oversee things.

evidently, that is also what the Jaguars did.

That's the complete and total ass backwards way to do it, so you are probably right. One of the most important decisions that a football guru has is to set the tone/culture/plan for the organization followed by who to bring in as GM and Head Coach so it makes perfect sense for Pegula/Brandon to choose the coach with their collective genius and then bring in a football ops guy after the most important decisions (GM, Head Coach) are already made for him. Ready, fire, aim.

Agree wholeheartedly. Also, they won't get a "football guru" that's worth a tinker's damn that way either.  Good football gurus would never come work for such a dysfunctional org structure - where some glorified telemarketer who is the living embodiment of The Peter Principle has more say on the HC and overall direction of the team than the Football Czar himself!  Could you imagine a  Belichick or a Polian working for this mess?  The thought makes me LOL - like it happens when pigs fly!

Agree wholeheartedly. Also, they won't get a "football guru" that's worth a tinker's damn that way either.  Good football gurus would never come work for such a dysfunctional org structure - where some glorified telemarketer who is the living embodiment of The Peter Principle has more say on the HC and overall direction of the team than the Football Czar himself!  Could you imagine a  Belichick or a Polian working for this mess?  The thought makes me LOL - like it happens when pigs fly!

Yep. The organization is a total shitshow from top to bottom. They need a Bill Parcells type to come in and be named Grand Pubah so he can fire absolutely everyone (Brandon, Whaley, etc.) and then hire absolutely all new people that he hand picks. Nobody who ranks hire than the midget trainer should be kept. That is the only way things don't continue to remain a tire fire.

Throw everything available at a QB and linemen until you find a good one. Otherwise this will never end

But you can't properly assess three different QBs at the same time.

I believe it is. Everything else is pretty easily obtainable or fixable, great QBs are not.

I completely disagree with this. Now, if you want to say everything else is easier to find than a great QB, then yea, sure. 

I continue to think that living in the era of Manning/Brady/Rodgers has poisoned us into thinking that a QB fixes everything. No. One of the best QBs of all time fixes everything, but your "run of the mill" great QB? Far from it.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Probably not, but we're not doing anything else useful so why not take a shot

Well we could keep Taylor who produces at a higher level than his pay grade. I'd rather do that than roll the dice and pay through the nose (in contract and trade value) for an unproven guy who may flounder without the great hooded cheater. Our offense is good enough to make the playoffs. They need to bring in an offensive minded coach to keep that momentum and then bring in a Defensive Coordinator that can get that side of the ball back on track.

Edited by Drunkard

But you can't properly assess three different QBs at the same time.

I completely disagree with this. Now, if you want to say everything else is easier to find than a great QB, then yea, sure.

I continue to think that living in the era of Manning/Brady/Rodgers has poisoned us into thinking that a QB fixes everything. No. One of the best QBs of all time fixes everything, but your "run of the mill" great QB? Far from it.

1)True. It was more of an exaggeration, but the principal stands: quit half-assing the QB hunt

I'm not talking about run of the mill, I'm talking about those guys. Find a top 10 guy, and don't stop until you do. There is no way you can tell me that anything but a top 10, maybe 5, QB wins SBs

And if you throw last year's Manning or Trent Dilfer at me in rebuttal...

Well we could keep Taylor who produces at a higher level than his pay grade. I'd rather do that than roll the dice and pay through the nose (in contract and trade value) for an unproven guy who may flounder without the great hooded cheater. Our offense is good enough to make the playoffs. They need to bring in an offensive minded coach to keep that momentum and then bring in a Defensive Coordinator that can get that side of the ball back on track.

Keep Tyrod, draft Kizer or trade for some QB. Start taking a shot every. Started last year with Cardale, now do it more seriously and more often

1)True. It was more of an exaggeration, but the principal stands: quit half-assing the QB hunt

I'm not talking about run of the mill, I'm talking about those guys. Find a top 10 guy, and don't stop until you do. There is no way you can tell me that anything but a top 10, maybe 5, QB wins SBs

And if you throw last year's Manning or Trent Dilfer at me in rebuttal...

I was gonna go with Flacco here :nana:

More to the point, what I'm getting tired of is the incessant downplaying of either how important everything else is, or how difficult it actually is to fill out a quality roster even if you have a great QB. We can agree that we'd love to have Matt Ryan here, right? Well the three seasons prior to this one, the Falcons went 4-12, 6-10, 8-8...aka, worse than the Bills. That's with a franchise QB. When I said "run of the mill" great, I mean along the lines of Ryan, or Brees...not all-timers like Manning or Brady or Rodgers. What I think many fans are guilty of is looking at what those three can compensate for, and projecting that onto other QBs who, though great, are decidedly a step or two back. 

I was gonna go with Flacco here :nana:

More to the point, what I'm getting tired of is the incessant downplaying of either how important everything else is, or how difficult it actually is to fill out a quality roster even if you have a great QB. We can agree that we'd love to have Matt Ryan here, right? Well the three seasons prior to this one, the Falcons went 4-12, 6-10, 8-8...aka, worse than the Bills. That's with a franchise QB. When I said "run of the mill" great, I mean along the lines of Ryan, or Brees...not all-timers like Manning or Brady or Rodgers. What I think many fans are guilty of is looking at what those three can compensate for, and projecting that onto other QBs who, though great, are decidedly a step or two back.

Fair point. But after 17 years of the same , I think we should just dive in a new direction. Find your Matt Ryan, then worry about the rest

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.