Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Bears mentioning: Matt Stafford is having an MVP caliber year. Deadspin has a write-up:

http://deadspin.com/faster-is-better-for-the-suddenly-excellent-matt-staffo-1788197165

There was talk about Stafford hereabouts, during the offseason, I think. I can't recall where I fell on that discussion. But I remember that there were some here who said Stafford was hot garbage masquerading as atop-end quarterback in need of a change of scenery. And there were others who said Stafford was/is a terrific QB talent, and that if the Bills could acquire him they should do so without question.

And there were many - me included - who chuckled at the notion that a 31 year-old named Jim Bob Cooter was going to resuscitate Stafford's career. Well - so far, so good.

Ewing Theory: Calvin Johnson edition

*ducks*

I'm guessing that because their are always talking about how Tyrod can't see over the linemen, they wanted to get a receiver that Tyrod could throw under the linemen to.

Kid has some serious speed though, nice jump to.   Just don't know if TT is the right QB to throw for him.

Wouldn't be surprised if he lights up the pats secondary though.

Edit: Also could mean they don't think McCoy will be ready.

Edited by Huckleberry

Ewing Theory: Calvin Johnson edition

*ducks*

YES!

YES!!

Megatron is the *perfect* Ewing Theory candidate. As in, Stafford and his OC's spent too much time and energy trying to get the ball vertically to Johnson -- now, they are much better served spreading the ball around on shorter, more reliable routes.

YES!

YES!!

Megatron is the *perfect* Ewing Theory candidate. As in, Stafford and his OC's spent too much time and energy trying to get the ball vertically to Johnson -- now, they are much better served spreading the ball around on shorter, more reliable routes.

Yeah but Ewing never had the sweet dance moves that Calvin Johnson is showing on DWTS. Star power.

Landry fined a little more than $24k for the hit on A. Williams.  Meanwhile, no suspension, as Williams contemplates retirement amid reports that he has numbness on his right side again.  Blandino (VP of Player Safety) was interviewed and said intent could not be determined and that, while yes it was an illegal hit, it was still a "football play".  

Read a great article on SI today arguing that the NFL is leagues behind other leagues (i.e. soccer, hockey, etc.) when it comes to head contact.  Used an NHL play as evidence too.  A hit to the head had a player ejected, and was suspended for four subsequent games.  I know we around here harp on the NHL for not getting things right, but my God they are still ahead of the curve compared to the NFL, which is sad.

As a father of two sons, I'm pretty sure I will not let them play football.  Baseball, soccer, hell even hockey, but not football.  If they're anything like me, they won't be playing basketball anyways so I needn't even talk about it.  

Landry fined a little more than $24k for the hit on A. Williams.  Meanwhile, no suspension, as Williams contemplates retirement amid reports that he has numbness on his right side again.  Blandino (VP of Player Safety) was interviewed and said intent could not be determined and that, while yes it was an illegal hit, it was still a "football play".  

Read a great article on SI today arguing that the NFL is leagues behind other leagues (i.e. soccer, hockey, etc.) when it comes to head contact.  Used an NHL play as evidence too.  A hit to the head had a player ejected, and was suspended for four subsequent games.  I know we around here harp on the NHL for not getting things right, but my God they are still ahead of the curve compared to the NFL, which is sad.

As a father of two sons, I'm pretty sure I will not let them play football.  Baseball, soccer, hell even hockey, but not football.  If they're anything like me, they won't be playing basketball anyways so I needn't even talk about it.  

Read the same article you did.  It was great.

Looks like McCoy will be out Sunday (reports on twitter) and Gillislee was held out of practice yesterday with a foot/toe problem. Reggie Bush may be the back that gets the majority of the carries on Sunday.  :sick:

Edited by kishoph

Yeah, Gillislee is expected to be good to go, just like McCoy was last week.

First report I read said he was held out of practice Thursday, the one I just read said he's been limited the last 3 days with turf toe. Gillislee is more of a north, south runner so maybe turf toe wouldn't hamper him as much as someone like McCoy who does a lot of cutting. I just hope that if he doesn't look like he's near 100% playing, give someone else the ball.

First report I read said he was held out of practice Thursday, the one I just read said he's been limited the last 3 days with turf toe. Gillislee is more of a north, south runner so maybe turf toe wouldn't hamper him as much as someone like McCoy who does a lot of cutting. I just hope that if he doesn't look like he's near 100% playing, give someone else the ball.

the report I read was that Gillislee was held out of practice because he had a cut on his heel as the result of breaking in new cleats. Because he had to get treatment from the medical staff (i.e. a band aid) he had to be listed on the medical report as questionable. He's fine.

Bills just promoted a TE to their roster, and released 2 players (Ed Eagen, that receiver brought up this week, and another TE).  Any reason why we would release a 2nd player?

EDIT: Mike Rodak says the Following

Under NFL rules, the Bills are required to fill their open 53-man roster by 4 PM on Saturday because OT Michael Ola and CB Marcus Roberson are signed to the Bills' practice squad under an exception given their NFL playing experience.

Wonder who the Bills are bringing in or if they are just gonna sign another person off the squad
  Edited by dEnnis the Menace

Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Clay, McCoy, Glenn, AW, Dareus all injured in some capacity, that's our entire team. It's unbelievable.

I'm not watching the game Sunday, and it's not because I'm mad at the Bills or sick of the NFL. This just sucks, and the pats aren't going to lose to anyone else this year, let alone the fake-Bills.

Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Clay, McCoy, Glenn, AW, Dareus all injured in some capacity, that's our entire team. It's unbelievable.

I'm not watching the game Sunday, and it's not because I'm mad at the Bills or sick of the NFL. This just sucks, and the pats aren't going to lose to anyone else this year, let alone the fake-Bills.

Never give up hope.  27-24 Bills.

I'm not watching the game Sunday, and it's not because I'm mad at the Bills or sick of the NFL. This just sucks, and the pats aren't going to lose to anyone else this year , let alone the fake-Bills.

I bet they will.

Add Lawson and Ragland to that list as well.    I'm gonna watch just because I'm interested to see how they play and who plays well, don't expect a win.

WRT wide receivers, I was wondering what ever happened to James Hardy, that 6'5 WR the Bills drafted out of Indiana in the 2nd round of the 2008 draft and found this on wikipedia....

"On May 4, 2014, Hardy was arrested on felony charges following a dispute at his home in Los Angeles, in which a visibly drugged Hardy attacked police officers responding to a disturbing the peace call.
In November 2014, it was reported a judge deemed Hardy unfit for trial and remanded him to a mental facility."

sad.

Yeah, they'll go 13-3 or 14-2, my point is that they ain't losin this one

Yea, I have a hard time seeing how we win this with all the injuries on offense. Even defensively, I doubt Dareus will be 100%, and losing Aaron Williams may be even more important. Sucks, because healthy, I really think we could have a puncher's chance.

Though, Brady does have 1-2 dogs per year. Maybe this is one of em!

Yea, I have a hard time seeing how we win this with all the injuries on offense. Even defensively, I doubt Dareus will be 100%, and losing Aaron Williams may be even more important. Sucks, because healthy, I really think we could have a puncher's chance.

Though, Brady does have 1-2 dogs per year. Maybe this is one of em!

Certainly not a number to enjoy. He only has 3 career losses against the Bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.