Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Doesn't justify them doing it either.

I'm always going to side with the players on holdouts. The owners and the league make billions for decades and decades and the players are out of the league in 3 years. Get as much as you can, whenever you can.

How many birds will die?

Just messin, there was a story back when it was starting construction some group was pissed because of all the windows and the birds flying into them and dying.

You kinda joke, but the entrance I use to work is a big glass wall and there's a dead bird on the sidewalk at least once a month.

It's been cool watching them build it on their webcam.

http://oxblue.com/open/ryanco/downtowneast

Click on 'time lapse'. 

That was pretty sweet. I love watching stuff like that, thanks.

Some think the outside is an eyesore, but I like it. They'll host the SB in 2018, that should be pretty awesome

Whaley on Watkins' injury history

"This is the game of football," he told WGR 550 radio. "Injuries are part of it. It's a violent game that I personally don't think humans are supposed to play."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15700080/buffalo-bills-gm-doug-whaley-calls-football-violent-game-personally-think-humans-supposed-play

I think highly of Whaley. I think his talent-evaluation chops are among the top third (maybe top quarter?) of NFL GMs. Just my two cents.

But his ability to communicate what he's thinking to the media is probably the worst among that same group -- like, Sabres-possession-stats-in-full-tank-mode worst. The next worst GM is not even close.

I think I know what he was trying to say -- that what they ask these guys to do is in some ways unnatural -- but, man. That is not what the GM of an NFL team should be quoted as saying. Now, that quote is everywhere, been around the globe twice. No getting it back.

Then again. Just about everyone will have forgotten he said it in ~36 hours. Until he's fired. Then it will be resurrected as proof of ... something.

I think highly of Whaley. I think his talent-evaluation chops are among the top third (maybe top quarter?) of NFL GMs. Just my two cents.

But his ability to communicate what he's thinking to the media is probably the worst among that same group -- like, Sabres-possession-stats-in-full-tank-mode worst. The next worst GM is not even close.

I think I know what he was trying to say -- that what they ask these guys to do is in some ways unnatural -- but, man. That is not what the GM of an NFL team should be quoted as saying. Now, that quote is everywhere, been around the globe twice. No getting it back.

Then again. Just about everyone will have forgotten he said it in ~36 hours. Until he's fired. Then it will be resurrected as proof of ... something.

He actually hinted at his inability to communicate well during the interview.

A professional GM does not say what he said, unless he was told to say it. 

With the recent concussion reports all over the news the last few days, someone from the NFL told him to say it. I think it's pretty obvious that the NFL and mainstream media WANT you talking about football and concussions. 

Why? I'm not sure yet. It's misdirection from something. Probably from the idea that all the games are fixed. Or that NFL teams are not owned by who you think owns them. And that the admin of SabreSpace and TBD is not who you think he is. 

A professional GM does not say what he said, unless he was told to say it. 

Sure he does. If he's as inarticulate and bumbling as Whaley is.

Come to think of it: Whaley's an ironically perfect GM for Terry Pegula.

It's misdirection from something. Probably from the idea that all the games are fixed. Or that NFL teams are not owned by who you think owns them. And that the admin of SabreSpace and TBD is not who you think he is. 

ZWOQR.gif

"We are asking guys to do things the human body wasn't meant to do, and sometimes they get injured."

I'm guessing that is what he meant to say.

Thanks for that - that is precisely what I tried to get at. And, I think, that is precisely what Whaley was trying to say.

Sure he does. If he's as inarticulate and bumbling as Whaley is.

Come to think of it: Whaley's an ironically perfect GM for Terry Pegula.

ZWOQR.gif

Thanks for that - that is precisely what I tried to get at. And, I think, that is precisely what Whaley was trying to say.

You know my posting history. You know I'm not an idiot. 

If I said something like that, it is for a reason. 

If anybody is intrigued, PM me. I'll be glad to let the cat out of the bag. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.