Good News About McJamie!!

bob_sauve28

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/02/05/sabres-gm-tim-murray-may-have-mcginn-stick-around/

They are talking! 

Hold off on the thought that Tim Murray is automatically trading Jamie McGinn just because the Buffalo Sabres’ top-line left winger will be an unrestricted free agent after the season.

The club’s general manager acknowledged Thursday’s he’s had multiple conversations with McGinn’s agent about a contract extension, a departure from his past policy since he arrived in 2014 of dumping UFAs at the NHL trade deadline to acquire draft picks. And McGinn is happy to hear the chatter too.

“I hope that they’re talking a lot but it’s out of my control,” McGinn told The Buffalo News after Thursday’s 3-2 shootout loss to the Boston Bruins in First Niagara Center. “What I can do comes on the ice, being a good teammate and trying to help this team win. That’s between them. My focus in here is to play hockey. I like it here and that’s why I have an agent to deal with that kind of stuff.”

Edited by bob_sauve28

This is the full quote from the WGR interview, it seemed less likely regarding an extension, or perhaps Murray is just posturing:

"We've talked to him 2 or 3 times. We've asked what their thoughts are on term and on money. We've given them our thoughts on term. So if we can do something that suits both parties we will try; and if we can't, again depending on how the team does the next three weeks, I certainly don't like to see a player leave here without getting anything back."

"We've talked to him 2 or 3 times. We've asked what their thoughts are on term and on money. We've given them our thoughts on term. So if we can do something that suits both parties we will try; and if we can't, again depending on how the team does the next three weeks, I certainly don't like to see a player leave here without getting anything back."

pitch perfect, GM TM.

Descriptive topic titles are an asset to our community. It helps community members recognize which conversations they might want to read or participate in.

Please refrain from using generic topic titles, including player name only titles. If you can take the time to start a conversation, you can take a moment and properly label it.

The original poster can edit the title.

Thanks for making SabreSpace a better place.

Would that be ethical??  :angel:

If you have a deal-deal in place, probably not. If you tell McGinn, "hey, don't sign anything on July 1st without talking to us first", not a problem.

Yeah, that's freaking me out. Sounds like the lead for the next boy band

Or a new Scottish doctor on that crappy TV show.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.