2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

Scuttlebutt from where? I could see it but we have zero depth on defense and he seems like he'd be worth a look even if he only ever ends up helping the Amerks.

Can't just sign everybody, there's a limit on # of contracts you can have.

Sabres have plenty of contract space.  We currently sit at 43/50.  

After the season, Franson, Kulikov, Nilsson, Gionta, McCormick,  COR, Fedun, Grant, Schneider, Burgdoerfer and Bodie all fall off if not re-signed.  That's plenty of room to sign whomever GMTM wants.  FYI: It was Kris Baker on twitter who suggested that we might not sign Florentino.  This seems foolish to me also.  What is the worst that can happen?  He is already a college senior.  The most I think we can sign him to is a 2 year ELC.  If he isn't good enough, send him down to the ECHL.  

I also doubt GMTM would call up Guhle and take him away from his playoff team.  Not a good PR move and the kid is probably better off playing in some meaningful playoff games in the CHL rather then useless games in the NHL.  

I'd like to see Bodie and Austin.  We know Bodie can move the puck and it would be nice to know if he can handle the NHL.  Austin was Zadorov's linemate in Jrs.  He has been a good soldier and has worked hard in the AHL.  Might as well give him a look see and give both guys a taste of the NHL.  

Will GMTM give Nylander a game or two at the end of the season to give him a "taste" of the big club to show him where his level of play needs to be?

I was thinking about this last night. We have 8 games left. I'd love to see him get some games in.

But if he's up, I want him on a scoring line. Not the 4th line grinding LW....

I've been meaning to mention this. I'd like to send him down, stoke his fire, let Baptiste take his place.

No need, once Okposo is back, Bailey is going down.  That said I'd like to see Baptiste more this season as well.

I'm amazed nobody has been flipping their ###### on here about going after Tavares. Especially considering his consistency compared to Stamkos, his health compared to Stamkos, and the fact that we had a 20 page topic on Stamkos. Very odd

Is that this offseason?

Edit: he's not a FA until July 2018. If next season starts without a contract, and if our contract situation makes it reasonable, I'm sure we'll see a big thread

Edited by Randall Flagg

Is that this offseason?

Edit: he's not a FA until July 2018. If next season starts without a contract, and if our contract situation makes it reasonable, I'm sure we'll see a big thread

The Islanders are expected to make a decision this offseason

And that’s exactly what Darren Dreger did Tuesday evening, when asked about a potential time frame for some kind of resolution on the Tavares front.

“It’s expected by June, and you wouldn’t hear an announcement from the New York Islander until after July 1 when they can negotiate and announce an extension of John Tavares,” said Dreger on Insider Trading. “But there’s also a trade scenario here that should be introduced as well. And I know Islanders fans are going to be outraged by the thought of John Tavares moving on, but put yourself in an Islanders’ perspective here for just a moment.

“Let’s say that the negotiation does not go as well as both sides are expecting. Maybe John Tavares doesn’t see the future as bright as Islanders’ ownership is hoping. Well, the New York Islanders to maximize the return are best to deal with this perhaps on the draft floor.

“So I’m not suggesting that the trade scenario is more likely than a long-term extension, but all of that should get dealt with before July 1.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/mckenzie-dissects-tavares-contract-situation/

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.