GDT: Buffalo @ Arizona, 9:00 pm est, 1-18-2016

WildCard

I think I've watched the fight replay 5 times so far today. Bogo looks like a kid in a candy store. Loved Risto grappling just waiting for a punch to be thrown so he can tee off. And I find it so comical how Doan tried to jump in from behind at the end there like he actually could stand up to Bogo. Great win, and a serious bonding experience for the team. Sam and Jack walking together to the dressing room that ecstatic is something I want to see for years to come. I love this team.

Fwiw, many in the hockey Twittersphere are giving a  <_< to Bogosian for throwing punches at an unwilling opponent who's a 20 year-old rookie in the Calder discussion.

I mean, I would too if someone teed off on Reinhart like that. But Arizona should look at themselves for that. Doan has been in this league for over a decade, he should know better than to face wash Risto when you have the goalie pulled, meaning all of your skilled guys are on the ice and our biggest and best are out there. That and the fact that nobody even moved; seriously not one Yote even went to help Duclair as Bogo destroyed him for about 5-6 seconds 

Edited by WildCard

Fwiw, many in the hockey Twittersphere are giving a  <_< to Bogosian for throwing punches at an unwilling opponent who's a 20 year-old rookie in the Calder discussion.

Every action done by the Sabres during the fight was a retaliation. Duclair hit Bogo first, Risto tied his man up but only threw punches once a punch was thrown at him.  It's not like after the horn Bogo thought "Hey, it would be a great idea to unload a couple haymakers on a defenseless Duclair." 

Why did Bogosian start hitting Duclair, exactly?

Bogosian & Duclair, who was facing the boards w/ Reinhart right behind him, each had a hand on the other while Bogosian & Vermette jawed at each other. Duclair pulled hard on Bogosian's sweater and Bogosian popped him in the face w/ the glove on. Duclair then threw a shot at Reinhart's head and it was on like Donkey Kong. Bogosian dropped the gloves & made Duclair's head his personal speed bag.

Oh, for the record. I loved Dunleavy's call last night. I really think he's going to develop once he gets more consistent scheduling.

He just needs more ice time.

Every action done by the Sabres during the fight was a retaliation.

Yeah, that's what the Palestinians say too.

Legwand is largely mistake-free except for the odd icing; he's just not a kid anymore and it shows.

Yeah.  When he has the puck with space, he doesn't try anything and the space disappears immediately.  At least Gionta can create a bit of space with his speed, but Legwand is purely a defensive 4th liner (he did have a really nice 5-hole goal the other day).

Evander Kane played another good game.  Like Dudacek said: the offence isn't there but the pressure is.  Opposing D-men have such little time to figure out what they're going to do with it.

Nice stuff from Pysyk.  He's still not super strong below the circles, but man is he smooth.

Larsson with another great effort.  That line tries so hard, but they really don't know how to offense.  Those shots/zone start % stats are crazy.

Rasmus is such a beast.  I would say that he needs to keep the puck and do it himself more often (got a really nice scoring chance off a pinch in the 1st), but when you're playing 30 minutes a night, you gotta stay fresh.

I agree with what everyone said about the hallway shot, that was super fun.  Great Vince Gilligan blocking of Eichel and Sam goofing off with their serious mentor between them down the hall.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Legwand is purely a defensive 4th liner

And Eichel's regular pre-game dinner companion (at least, for home games).

Jack Eichel’s pre-game routine is already down pat. He goes to the same restaurant every time and always with veteran center David Legwand. Usually captain Josh Gorges is there and often other teammates, too. They shoot the breeze, load up on the good kind of calories and then prepare for the night’s festivities at First Niagara Center.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/jack-eichel-is-having-an-absolute-blast-in-buffalo/

Missed the game due to a brain fart. Luckily caught a rebroadcast om Arizona Fox station. Sweet!

It's a,pretty good move for the Coyotes to pick up 2 of Canada top line in last year's junior tournament. Too bad the Sabres got the best player on that line

I agree with what everyone said about the hallway shot, that was super fun.  Great Vince Gilligan blocking of Eichel and Sam goofing off with their serious mentor between them down the hall.

Only on SabreSpace. Only from qwk.

Oh, for the record. I loved Dunleavy's call last night. I really think he's going to develop once he gets more consistent scheduling.

He had a good night. Funny, he sounds better when the Sabres win.

Can Slop and the Bullfrog lift anymore content from this site than they already do? The only thing I haven't heard them pass along from this site (uncredited, of course) has been Drane's Penn State theories.  At least we're nice to people.

Can Slop and the Bullfrog lift anymore content from this site than they already do? The only thing I haven't heard them pass along from this site (uncredited, of course) has been Drane's Penn State theories.  At least we're nice to people.

Details? I've always scoffed at this notion.

Why is that? They have to talk about 2 sports teams for 3-4 hours every day, week after week, month after month, year after year. I assume they scour all sorts of places looking for interesting topics that fans are talking about.

There have been multiple times where I've witnessed the AP take ideas/information from this site. I really don't mind it, but when we take their stuff, at least we have the decency to link the article. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.