GDT: Buffalo @ Arizona, 9:00 pm est, 1-18-2016

WildCard

That ending was one of the best things that has happened this season. I was smiling like Weber.

Evander Kane's offence has been disappointing this year, but even when he doesn't pass and doesn't score, the guy is still a very effective player. He does so many good things as a forechecker. The ice is tilted in the right direction when he's on the ice. Think of him in terms of last year's Girgensons and he compares very well. Loved to see him get the extra PK time with Zemgus out. He and Schaller looked really good with their puck pressure and should be bumped up in the rotation.

I'm not sure about Johan Larsson's future with that horrible stat line, but goddamit is he doing everything else you want to see your third-line centre do. That line is safe in our zone and tenacious in the other end. It's like all three guys are finally being used in their proper role. I don't think it's coincidence we've started winning since Dan put them together. Now if we can only get Sam between Kane (notice how he seems to look for Sam now?) and Ennis and ROR flanked by Jack and McGinn.

Oh, and I will be very disappointed if McGinn is not traded, but I already live on an island.

Edited by dudacek

Oh, and I will be very disappointed if McGinn is not traded, but I already live on an island.

McGinn is this year's Chris Stewart.  He'll be traded.  I'm guessing he has something greater than a 1/30 chance of coming back over the summer though.  GMTM brought him here; he's thriving here.  I think he gets cashed in for assets, but it's somewhat likely the Sabres offer him a contract over the summer.

McGinn is this year's Chris Stewart.  He'll be traded.  I'm guessing he has something greater than a 1/30 chance of coming back over the summer though.  GMTM brought him here; he's thriving here.  I think he gets cashed in for assets, but it's somewhat likely the Sabres offer him a contract over the summer.

Except McGinn is actually useful  ;)

DD post-game:

- Good to see the guys fight for each other

- pk: Arizona puts a ton of pucks on net, and our defense did a good job of clearing the crease so Johnson can make saves. CJ stepped up

- Battled hard for the McGinn goal, liked Jack working to get the stick back

- pp: Shot mentality is key on pp; getting shots to the net. 

- Jack: Tracking through the neutral zone greatly improved tonight. He needs to skate, use his speed to be effective, and he was tonight

I support playing the hot goalie when it's the right goalie.

Johnson never has excellent showings back to back. I bet he's a tire fire tonight. 

I think we get blown out tonight.

I think we get shut out tonight- Domingue in net.

Moulson will score tonight.

We should probably stop with the predictions.  :P

The fighting major after the game ended could be very bad news - it could be up to 10 games if he's considered the instigator.

My concern as well.

Team building is all well and good, but ....

bogo threw the first punch, but doan started it.

Hopefully, that is how it's viewed by the league office.

Nice game overall from what I saw last nite between work, got to see both Sabre goals and mele at the end, Bogos grin reminded me of the Cheshire Cat. https://jieli1985.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/cheshire-cat.jpg

And Jack Nicholson from The Shining!

What a great game!   I've been in the process of moving out of state -  but I got my DirecTV reinstalled, AND purchased CenterIce.  So now I can watch the Sabres again!!   

The Coyotes were definitely the instigators at the end - great we got a team of stand up guys now who aren't gonna take crap instead of a bunch of Ruff and Regier cream-puffs.  

The Coyotes feed version of the Brawl To End It All.   Bogo is a beautiful human being.   :)

Johnson has a pretty hot hand in net too.   His last 3 games;  only 4 Goals against with 105 total shots on goal, for  a 1.33 GAA, and a .962 SV%.   

Edited by Jsixspd

On the Eichel goal,  it was a tape to tape one timer. Let's see more of those.

Of note, is that the pass wasn't blisteringly fast.  I think the Sabres have moved the puck too quickly at times which means the receiver of the pass has to stop and settle it before shooting.  This one was just right.

Except McGinn is actually useful  ;)

.38 vs. .46 points per game.... in the same range, really.  (And when Stewart was on the team, we really really didn't score much.)

We should probably stop with the predictions.  :P

I for one like to be proven wrong.

Johnson has a pretty hot hand in net too.   His last 3 games;  only 4 Goals against with 105 total shots on goal, for  a 1.33 GAA, and a .962 SV%.   

UnusTAINable!

enhanced-16805-1424914241-7.png

Of note, is that the pass wasn't blisteringly fast.  I think the Sabres have moved the puck too quickly at times which means the receiver of the pass has to stop and settle it before shooting.  This one was just right.

Passing is a skill. The Sabres have been guilty of hot potato passes the last few years. It was part of a loser mentality. Maybe they're starting to break out of passing out of the sake of passing which relieves the pressure off the passer of the puck and puts the pressure on the guy getting the puck. It's been more like dumping than passing these last few years. This was some of the worst hockey I've ever seen at a pro level.

I think  as a passer you always have to think how easy it will be for the shooter to convert your pass or the receiver to make another play at the end of your pass. You have to give him the easiest or softest pass you can  right on his stick depending on the circumstance. There are time for hard passes and time for soft passes and you can't have goals without good passes. But you need skilled passers in order to win.

Edited by Marvelo

That ending was one of the best things that has happened this season. I was smiling like Weber.

Evander Kane's offence has been disappointing this year, but even when he doesn't pass and doesn't score, the guy is still a very effective player. He does so many good things as a forechecker. The ice is tilted in the right direction when he's on the ice. Think of him in terms of last year's Girgensons and he compares very well. Loved to see him get the extra PK time with Zemgus out. He and Schaller looked really good with their puck pressure and should be bumped up in the rotation.

I'm not sure about Johan Larsson's future with that horrible stat line, but goddamit is he doing everything else you want to see your third-line centre do. That line is safe in our zone and tenacious in the other end. It's like all three guys are finally being used in their proper role. I don't think it's coincidence we've started winning since Dan put them together. Now if we can only get Sam between Kane (notice how he seems to look for Sam now?) and Ennis and ROR flanked by Jack and McGinn.

I don't think Larssons has accepted his role. He believes he is a top 6 guy. Same issue as last year. Once he owns up to the fact that he is a bottom six energy guy, his game will be that much better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.