GDT: Buffalo @ Arizona, 9:00 pm est, 1-18-2016

WildCard

Why would there be? That fight probably drove a bunch of traffic to the league website.

I feared there might be supplementary discipline because Bogosian received a game misconduct at the 60:00 mark, and the league's rules provide for supplementary discipline in connection with all game misconducts. Also, the Sabres are a LFN.

Also, you're sorta sounding PA-ish.

I feared there might be supplementary discipline because Bogosian received a game misconduct at the 60:00 mark, and the league's rules provide for supplementary discipline in connection with all game misconducts. Also, the Sabres are a LFN.

Also, you're sorta sounding PA-ish.

Probably. The NHL's hypocritical and shameful treatment of John Scott has me fired up.

Ahh. I see. Fair.

Did you happen to catch White on GR this morning? His take on Scott (he should've declined) was rooted in ... wait for it: But what about the children?!

Jeremy White is an idiot.

You know who's children I care about? John Scott's. And his pregnant wife. Who are now victims of some sick scheme by the NHL.

This whole thing reeks of pettiness.

You, on the other hand, have a mind like a steel trap.  :worthy:

Smell is a little scary sometimes.

Jeremy White is an idiot.

You know who's children I care about? John Scott's. And his pregnant wife. Who are now victims of some sick scheme by the NHL.

This whole thing reeks of pettiness.

Oh, yes, the poor Scotts! Scarred for life.

Why would there be? That fight probably drove a bunch of traffic to the league website.

Just as the ASG "controversy" created a lot of publicity.

Smell is a little scary sometimes.

Oh, yes, the poor Scotts! Scarred for life.

If the whole thing was a simple "hockey" transaction, it would be different. But it's not. It's a sick ploy to try to sweep John Scott under the rug like some dirty little secret.

"Oh him? He doesn't represent the NHL. Nope. No sir. We're all about the beauty of the game here."

On the Coyotes forum, it's pretty much accepted that the Yotes needed to dump an NHL contract, any contract, to make the trade work, so the Habs took on the cheapest one they could get- Scott's.

Yeah, & I'd be shocked if on a Stars forum if they didn't believe & accept the NHL's justification for allowing Hull's travesty to stand.

Denial runs deep when it's what one wants to believe.

On a slightly tangential note, my guess is that the league alters future ASG selection processes to that of the NFL - fans, pkayers, & management each get 1/3 of the vote. I'd rather see each team select its nominee for each starting slot (RW, LW, C, D, D, G) at the end of November - so current season play can be the basis of the selection; and then let fans vote amongst those (like MLB used to do it w/ their paper ballots). (The NHL couldn't even get that right w/ their paper ballots, as some teams had multiple nominees for a particular position & other teams didn't have A nominee for several positions & the ballot came out very early in the season so players that had been broken pretty much the entire year still showed up on the ballot.) To account for a guy like Reinhart - generally considered to play 1 spot, but actually playing another; the league could simply call the F's F's rather than specify L, C, R. (That level of detail could be worked out later.)

How each team choses its nominees would be up to the team.

The league could extend that process to the individual players selected as non-starters as well, but I wouldn't trust the league to pull that off.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.