GDT: Buffalo @ Arizona, 9:00 pm est, 1-18-2016

WildCard

You know, I think it would be good to trade McGinn for assets, but I also think it would send an important message if we re-signed up straight up:  That the team is not just acquiring pieces, they're coming together as a team.

But I know GMTM will trade him.

Edited by The Big Johnson

Wow, what a win! That end was amazing, looked to be incredibly team building! The shot of them all walking to the locker room.....that was something else. I'll remember that for a long time.

So Duclair sucker punched Reinhart at the end, and then Bogo just started completely teeing off on him! That was incredible, my admiration for Bogosian went up a hundred-fold there. Then he went and helped out Risto, too! He really had his teammates back there. That was something to see.

Random thoughts:

Weber made a couple really nice plays near the end.

Also, going back a bit, Reinhart made a very heady play on McGinn's PP goal right after Jack broke his stick, to keep the play alive. It kept the cycle going when it could have easily been cleared. We scored right after. It's things like that, that show the cerebral nature of Sam's game, that don't show up on the score sheet. Impressive.

Fck. I like the idea, he just roofed it. Guess that solves the mystery of Kane's shoot out absence

Typical Evander.  :doh:

The goalie actually made the save on Kane's attempt, you can see him catch a piece of it on the replay. Speaking of which, Kane really had a great game. Really helped out on the PK. Even when he's not scoring, the guy is helping our team. He is and can be an impact player for us.

Even though he was getting a bit of a hard time here before he scored, Jack ended up playing a really solid game for us. Another 2 pointer. I think he gets a hard time prematurely sometimes here, because it's been awhile since we had a talent this good, where he can turn a lackluster effort into a great one in a matter of moments. We maybe forgot a little what real skill can accomplish in a short time. With Jack, there's always that next shift.

Great win.

Bogo seemed genuinely excited about punching people in the face. Looks just the right amount of crazy in that pic.

I see a little bit of Monty in that pic! I wanna say that's good but at the end of the day I'm not so sure for long term sakes.

That was a fun one.

This team now has a winning record on the road (according to current NHL standings, they still need one more win for DeLuca .500, which I expect on Wednesday in Colorado.)

Ristolainen's TOI: 30:15, and this game didn't go to OT. He shut the yotes down for half of the game. Unreal.

Bogosian got healthy and is a match for Risto at the same time, and I've loved the results. I hope video of the scrum at the end comes up.

I don't think a single player had a bad game, and even Moulson had a few heady plays. Weber had some nice clears on the pk and shut down two late-game zone entries himself. 

Larsson was a beast, and if he continues to play like this and finds a scoring touch, we'll have our prototypical 3rd line pest.

Just an awesome day for team-bonding and such. Like TBJ, I'd love to watch us string some wins together even if we end up short of the playoffs. 

Jack has so much learning to do at both ends of the ice, and yet his skill has him leading the team in even strength scoring and filling the highlight reel. I am beyond excited to watch him develop along with the rest of the young guys.

I think Risto will be this team's best player when it's making a run for the cup, and that won't be a result of Eichel/Samson/ROR not meeting expectations.

Doan isn't as well-respected as Ray says, because of stuff like that.

Let's go Buffalo.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Correct me if my math is bad, but Arizona got 34 minutes of penalties at the end while the Sabres had "only" 27.

20:00 BUF Zach Bogosian  Fighting (maj)  - 5 min against  Anthony Duclair

20:00 BUF Zach Bogosian  Game misconduct  - 10 min

20:00 ARI Anthony Duclair  Roughing  - 2 min against  Zach Bogosian

20:00 BUF Rasmus Ristolainen  Misconduct (10 min)  - 10 min against  Oliver Ekman-Larsson

20:00 ARI Oliver Ekman-Larsson  Misconduct (10 min)  - 10 min

20:00 ARI Shane Doan  Unsportsmanlike conduct  - 2 min

20:00 ARI Shane Doan  Misconduct (10 min)  - 10 min

20:00 ARI Antoine Vermette  Misconduct (10 min)  - 10 min

20:00 BUF Zach Bogosian  Roughing  - 2 min against  Anthony Duclair

CZDru-yUEAEiBlQ.jpg

Great picture, Bogo looks insane and OEL looks confused by something.

Awesome win all around, you guys have said anything I would of mentioned so why bother. Instead I'll just listen to the Win song on repeat and smile like Bogo

Correct me if my math is bad, but Arizona got 34 minutes of penalties at the end while the Sabres had "only" 27.

20:00 BUF Zach Bogosian  Fighting (maj)  - 5 min against  Anthony Duclair 20:00 BUF Zach Bogosian  Game misconduct  - 10 min 20:00 ARI Anthony Duclair  Roughing  - 2 min against  Zach Bogosian 20:00 BUF Rasmus Ristolainen  Misconduct (10 min)  - 10 min against  Oliver Ekman-Larsson 20:00 ARI Oliver Ekman-Larsson  Misconduct (10 min)  - 10 min 20:00 ARI Shane Doan  Unsportsmanlike conduct  - 2 min 20:00 ARI Shane Doan  Misconduct (10 min)  - 10 min 20:00 ARI Antoine Vermette  Misconduct (10 min)  - 10 min 20:00 BUF Zach Bogosian  Roughing  - 2 min against  Anthony Duclair

Poor Risto and his penalty minutes, well worth those though

Edited by thewookie1

CZDlztGWYAATzb4.jpg

I don't care about all the penis jokes that my posts on the topic beg for. I really think Jack uses a stick that's too long for him. The space that was there for him in NCAA isn't there now, guys close so fast, and he seems to mishandle a lot of pucks that wind up closer to his body/skates than he'd like because he's pressed more than he's used to. I can't imagine trying to stickhandle close to my skates with a stick that long. Please don't make fun of me.

And it doesn't look like anyone got an instigator, which means that we won't lose anyone for the Colorado game, good news.

Woohoo, video of the scrum! 

Edited by Randall Flagg

CZDlztGWYAATzb4.jpg

I don't care about all the penis jokes that my posts on the topic beg for. I really think Jack uses a stick that's too long for him. The space that was there for him in NCAA isn't there now, guys close so fast, and he seems to mishandle a lot of pucks that wind up closer to his body/skates than he'd like because he's pressed more than he's used to. I can't imagine trying to stickhandle close to my skates with a stick that long. Please don't make fun of me.

And it doesn't look like anyone got an instigator, which means that we won't lose anyone for the Colorado game, good news.

Woohoo, video of the scrum! 

I won't make fun of you for the stick because you're right. But Jack also makes a lot of good happen with takeaways because of that same stick.

And if there's an instigator to be had it should be AZ. Third man in against Risto!

I won't make fun of you for the stick because you're right. But Jack also makes a lot of good happen with takeaways because of that same stick.

And if there's an instigator to be had it should be AZ. Third man in against Risto!

It has helped him at times too, yep. 

https://streamable.com/n62l 

Here's another video of the guys walking to the dressing room, with Brian Duff's commentary 

Link broken. Fix please!

https://streamable.com/n62l

Good link, just an extra space at the end was messing it up. This one works.

OEL is such a ######. Risto is jabbing him, asking if he wants to go, and OEL is so scared, you can see it. Then he sees Doan coming and jabs Risto and right after Risto gets one punch in, Doan tackles him

No out of control for Risto though. He restrained, gave OEL every chance to chill, but once OEL jabbed him I WILL DESTROY YOU mode took over.

OEL is such a ######. Risto is jabbing him, asking if he wants to go, and OEL is so scared, you can see it. Then he sees Doan coming and jabs Risto and right after Risto gets one punch in, Doan tackles him

one vs one , turned into a two on one.   Doan should have stayed out of that, no reason to come meddling when the two #1 D want to go at it.

Correct me if my math is bad, but Arizona got 34 minutes of penalties at the end while the Sabres had "only" 27.20:00 BUF Zach Bogosian  Fighting (maj)  - 5 min against  Anthony Duclair20:00 BUF Zach Bogosian  Game misconduct  - 10 min20:00 ARI Anthony Duclair  Roughing  - 2 min against  Zach Bogosian20:00 BUF Rasmus Ristolainen  Misconduct (10 min)  - 10 min against  Oliver Ekman-Larsson20:00 ARI Oliver Ekman-Larsson  Misconduct (10 min)  - 10 min20:00 ARI Shane Doan  Unsportsmanlike conduct  - 2 min20:00 ARI Shane Doan  Misconduct (10 min)  - 10 min20:00 ARI Antoine Vermette  Misconduct (10 min)  - 10 min20:00 BUF Zach Bogosian  Roughing  - 2 min against  Anthony Duclair

The fighting major after the game ended could be very bad news - it could be up to 10 games if he's considered the instigator.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.